Forums

FM RUN WASTED

Rexsyth-KT

HEY @Cyan i have an issue id like you to look into. my party and i ran FM and the leader of the group invited a player in as alliance by accident cause us to be teleported out of fm and wasted a cooldown, the @aion support refuse to help or acknowledge that this game feature caused all of us to to waste an entry run, i refuse to let this go do to a faulty game mechanic.  REF: 

GM **** (Aion)

Dec 17, 08:57 PST

Hello there,

We do understand that you wish to reimburse your entry from your Frozen Monolith run last Dec. 14. However as previously stated based on our logs, we've verified that you left the party. Thus, we are unable to grant your request. Thanks for understanding.

Feel free to contact us again if you have any other questions.

Regards,

GM *****
NCSOFT Support Team

rexking133

Dec 16, 18:17 PST

their was no way for us to continue the instance due to the fact that it had became an alliance party, ill reword what happened (the party was inside the instance Frozen Monolith (FM) the leader of the group invited a new player to group but invited as alliance, the group went from 6 man group to 6 man alliance then we found our selfs teleported out of the instance for no reason due to the fact that an alliance cant run or go inside a 6 man group instance, we shouldnt be faulted for the mistakes of the group leader and there is screenshot log evidence of how the group became an allience. Id like to clarify your response is that due to someone being invited to group we could have finished the instance run... no we wouldnt have been able to due to known game functions of how an alliance works.

GM ***** (Aion)

Dec 16, 09:51 PST

Hello,

Upon re-checking again our logs, we found out that you leave the party and not been kicked since only Akrasie was removed from the party during the Frozen Monolith run.

Again, we are unable to reimburse the entry since during that time your party still have time to finish the instance run.

Thank you for understanding, feel free to contact us again, if you have any other question.

Regards,

GM ********
NCSOFT Support Team

Dec 15, 14:52 PST

yea well look again i have a chat log in the screen shot i sent in with a time record that says what happened to my group , we were in FM then the group was changed to allience party and kicked all of us out and caused us to lose an instance count, thats the log easy enough to find review it again or change GM , again i have screen shots with a chat log that says what happened and how the group went from party of 6 to ally and instance kicked us out!

Attachment(s)
Aion0007.jpg
Aion0008.jpg

GM ******* (Aion)

Dec 15, 14:40 PST

Hello,

I have reviewed your request. However, we are unable to locate in our logs that you have been kicked from your recent run in the Frozen Monolith. With that said, I'm afraid that we won't be able to grant your request. Thank you for your understanding.

Feel free to contact us again if you have any other question or inquiry.

Regards,

GM ******
NCSOFT Support Team

Dec 14, 17:09 PST

myself and my team got auto kicked out of Frozen monalith instance , wasted a cooldown run , please give us reset. its stressful to loose a run

GG. Support not understanding their own game.

"You left the group."

"We were auto-kicked when the group was mistakenly made into an alliance."

"You didn't get kicked. You left."

"Right. But the game auto-made-us-leave the group when the group was mistakenly made into an alliance."

"But you left."

"NOT BY CHOICE!"

"But you left."

Damn. Support is just so.. stupid.

• 1 month later...

Who's paying these idiots???????? And why are they never doing their jobs? I just lost a 5star account with 250k GP from one of these GM's stealing my account from me after asking about a bug through a ticket.  How can they keep getting away with this crap???????? Btw yes, they did steal the account, yes I made many tickets about it, and yes they always "don't know what happened"

It's a lie though because they do know about the problems we take the time to present in tickets for them, we present to them evidence that is undeniable..... so why do they keep saying they don't know and refused to help??? If they are not player support, then who is???

I've talked to at the very least 10 of them about my issue, and they always never know anything.

Before anyone asks me about it, the account ended up locked permanently after all the tickets I sent.  AND before anyone asks, there's nothing I can do about it since the EULA covers account and property.  Though I could sew them for a staff member failing to meet their side of the EULA, but they don't seem to care.

Wait. Why was your account banned, @Khadmyst-DN? You say it was stolen. They don't "steal" accounts. No one is using the account now. It was banned. But you don't say why. Are you @Rexsyth-KT, the op of this thread? Are you saying you kept trying to get them to understand how you lost the FM run and was just asking for the luna to reset the instance and they banned your whole account?

On 12/17/2018 at 8:16 PM, Aly-DN said:

The dehydration alone must be horrible.

5nP.gif

xD

One of the support guys must have been the leader of my BoS group (that would mean they actually play the game though).

Ranger to Sorc: fear exploding

Group: ...

Ranger to me: Chant why you roll on physical???

Group: Chanter is physical

Ranger: Chant heal = magic

Me: Ranger sleep = magic?

On 2/7/2019 at 8:29 AM, Aly-DN said:

Wait. Why was your account banned, @Khadmyst-DN? You say it was stolen. They don't "steal" accounts. No one is using the account now. It was banned. But you don't say why. Are you @Rexsyth-KT, the op of this thread? Are you saying you kept trying to get them to understand how you lost the FM run and was just asking for the luna to reset the instance and they banned your whole account?

Ask them, like I said "before anyone asks" right below, I explained that I sent many tickets and I've talked to at least 10 different people about it.  I even asked about getting it unlocked since there's no longer an issue with him trying to take the account, and they refused.  They told me the account is banned now.  How's that for player support?  

Originally I didn't see any threat to providing slight information about the account to get it unlocked, figured it was a security protocol.  But then he didn't respond to the ticket anymore.... I had to put in another ticket and the new GM said that there's another person who's trying to log in and recover it with all the information I provided the previous support person.  Should I post the long list of emails? I feel like if I did that, this game would be finished.  And I actually like this game.  After all this, they do nothing to make amends, and I lose my account.  I was really really frustrated, really really frustrated. 

10 hours ago, Khadmyst-DN said:

Ask them, like I said "before anyone asks" right below, I explained that I sent many tickets and I've talked to at least 10 different people about it.  I even asked about getting it unlocked since there's no longer an issue with him trying to take the account, and they refused.  They told me the account is banned now.  How's that for player support?  

Originally I didn't see any threat to providing slight information about the account to get it unlocked, figured it was a security protocol.  But then he didn't respond to the ticket anymore.... I had to put in another ticket and the new GM said that there's another person who's trying to log in and recover it with all the information I provided the previous support person.  Should I post the long list of emails? I feel like if I did that, this game would be finished.  And I actually like this game.  After all this, they do nothing to make amends, and I lose my account.  I was really really frustrated, really really frustrated. 

Alright. I'm sorry. I'm confused.

First, you are not the OP. Your post isn't about a lost FM run. Your post is something new.

Second, you are saying that your account was banned. When you tried to reopen it, you were asked some security questions like.. what's your birthday and what was the last time you bought something on the BCM or bought NCoin. What you came to find was that someone else was also claiming your account as theirs and had provided the same answers to the security questions as you did. So Support, unable to ascertain which one of you was the original owner, permanently closed the account. Is that correct?

That's pretty normal, actually.

So my question to you would be.. had you given your account details to anyone? Anyone at all? A bf/gf? Your best friend? A legionmate? Anyone that was able to log your account for you when you couldn't login yourself to do something like.. afk you at siege or pick up event items or access your legion wh? Because that's the person you need to be looking at. 

Like you said, not my topic, I just agree that we need an Aion Support team than can solve any of our many serious problems, or at least offer some sort of compensation.  If not, I'd like to apply for their job.  Sounds pretty good to copy/paste "Sorry there's nothing we can do for you" and get paid for a whole day of work.  

5 hours ago, Khadmyst-DN said:

Like you said, not my topic, I just agree that we need an Aion Support team than can solve any of our many serious problems, or at least offer some sort of compensation.  If not, I'd like to apply for their job.  Sounds pretty good to copy/paste "Sorry there's nothing we can do for you" and get paid for a whole day of work.  

Right. 

But your case is considerably different.

The OP had a glitch happen in the game. It's something that has happened to all of us. Support didn't even understand what happened, let alone that it wasn't the OP's fault. He should have been reimbursed for that run.

In your case, you gave your account details to someone else who then stole your account. You want Support to decide which one of you actually owns the account. You are both giving the right answers to those questions they use to test who owns the account. Since they can't figure it out, they just closed the account. I am not sure what else they can fairly do! Support didn't fail you. Your friend who stole your account did.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:53 AM, Aly-DN said:

Right. 

But your case is considerably different.

The OP had a glitch happen in the game. It's something that has happened to all of us. Support didn't even understand what happened, let alone that it wasn't the OP's fault. He should have been reimbursed for that run.

In your case, you gave your account details to someone else who then stole your account. You want Support to decide which one of you actually owns the account. You are both giving the right answers to those questions they use to test who owns the account. Since they can't figure it out, they just closed the account. I am not sure what else they can fairly do! Support didn't fail you. Your friend who stole your account did.

You completely misunderstood actually, there was a bug that got my account locked, and they asked me questions during the ticket process.  about a week later the GM i was talking about through the ticket process still had not helped me fix this "bug" or whatever and then I got an email saying someone was trying to log in to my account.  I put in a NEW ticket about it asking why was my account still locked for and why they never responded, and I told them about the first ticket and that I think the guy tried stealing my account. They had to do a big "investigation about it.  They refused to tell me anything ticket after ticket and email after email, they only told me that someone was giving the same information about the account...... which is the same that i gave to the first GM who was "helping" me fix whatever bug at first.

I never shared any information with anyone else, just provided information originally to the first person who helped me with my account.  I'm confident there was never an issue with my account the GM was just scamming me.

So you think that the Support ticket people (the ones that are so freaking clueless about Aion that they can't understand the simple situation that this thread was originally about) somehow targeted your account to "steal"? Is there something about your account that makes it more interesting and worth more than. say, my account? Or the hundreds of other accounts that spend large amounts of cash on this game? The Support people are really not "GMs". They sign their names that but what they are are customer service people that follow a script written for them.. often patches and patches out of date. They don't play Aion. They don't play any games. Pretty sure someone has to turn their work computers on for them when they start work. They are just that clueless. Your conspiracy theory regarding your account is crazy.

If you aren't lying to us about giving your account details to anyone, then you have a key logger on your computer or your data was compromised in some way. 

Your account was locked for suspicious activity. How did you contact NCSoft about the original ban? Did they contact you? Did you actually try to login and find the account banned or did you just receive an email telling you that it was? Perhaps that was where you were scammed. You answered a phishing email and gave your account details away. If you mistakenly answered a phishing email and gave your account details to the scammers, then NCSoft is stuck. Look at it from their point of view. You say someone scammed you to get your details. They could be saying the same thing and could be showing Support an email from -you- asking for the account details. Not sure who is telling the truth, they closed the account. That's hardly Support stealing your account and, in fact, Support did what they were supposed to do.

11 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

So you think that the Support ticket people (the ones that are so freaking clueless about Aion that they can't understand the simple situation that this thread was originally about) somehow targeted your account to "steal"? Is there something about your account that makes it more interesting and worth more than. say, my account? Or the hundreds of other accounts that spend large amounts of cash on this game? The Support people are really not "GMs". They sign their names that but what they are are customer service people that follow a script written for them.. often patches and patches out of date. They don't play Aion. They don't play any games. Pretty sure someone has to turn their work computers on for them when they start work. They are just that clueless. Your conspiracy theory regarding your account is crazy.

If you aren't lying to us about giving your account details to anyone, then you have a key logger on your computer or your data was compromised in some way. 

Your account was locked for suspicious activity. How did you contact NCSoft about the original ban? Did they contact you? Did you actually try to login and find the account banned or did you just receive an email telling you that it was? Perhaps that was where you were scammed. You answered a phishing email and gave your account details away. If you mistakenly answered a phishing email and gave your account details to the scammers, then NCSoft is stuck. Look at it from their point of view. You says someone scammed you to get your details. They could be saying the same thing and could be showing Support an email from -you- asking for the account details. Not sure who is telling the truth, they closed the account. That's hardly Support stealing your account and, in fact, Support did what they were supposed to do.

Seems like you finally understand what I've been saying.  That is correct they don't have any powers, one just used the opportunity through a ticket to ask information to "verify it's my account" and I did...... You can't really fault me for giving information to a GM.  Of course I see the errors in my ways now, but IT WAS THROUGH A TICKET.  Which was my original point of "who pays these idiots?" Because when I made a new ticket about it they didn't do anything for me, they didn't even give me a conclusion after their "investigation", they never help us with our tickets.... They don't even't seem to try.

How did you find out that your account was banned? Did you receive an e-mail or did you try and login and found that you could not? If it was by e-mail, that's when you were scammed and the e-mail was not from NCSoft.

How did you communicate THE FIRST time with Support? Via a link in an e-mail sent to you or by the ticket system on this website? If you communicated through the website ticket system, then you were speaking to the actual Support. Otherwise that is where you were scammed.

In that first communication, you were asked for certain information to verify that you were the owner of the account. Correct? Was the account ever unlocked? Did you try to login after you gave the Support person your verifying information? If the account was never unbanned, then the whole time you were communicating with whoever, someone else was trying to access your account and had your information already from a key logger or whatever.

Support didn't steal your account. I am 100% sure of that. There are so many ways that your details could have been stolen.

But if you are not, then send a PM to @Cyan. Give him the ticket number of your initial conversation with Support (where they asked for your account info) and the ticket number of your second conversation with Support (where they told you that someone else was giving the same answers and that because they couldn't verify which of you was the actual owner that the account would be perma locked). He can follow from there and if I am wrong and a Support person actually did steal your account, he can fix it for you.

I don't want to talk about it anymore.  I wasn't banned until recently....... It was just "locked" It was banned recently because they could never resolve the issue.  There was no problems ever with the account, no one ever tried to log in or anything.....  But after I provided information through a ticket "to verify" my account.... aprox a week later I got an email saying that someone tried to log into my account.  They didn't have enough information luckily...... But even still...... his/her next step was they sent in a ticket putting all the same information that I gave before........ which then made my account compromised....... thus starting this serious issue with the account.  

The information I provided the support member, was through a ticket and only through a ticket.  I wasn't able to login to the site after that so i responded to the corresponding email.  Every ticket has a corresponding email.

I still don't see why I can't just have my account back or at least got compensation.  At the very least they could have apologized.  They are truly the most awful people. 

I just noticed the part about talking to Cyan.  I talked to all of them by now I'm sure..... I sent in a lot of tickets about it and more than 10 different people have responded to me.  None of them tried, none of them helped.

And I'm so frustrated now that there's no way I could ever talk again to anyone who's part of their company, at least not until they've at least apologized. 

One more time. And please try and get passed your anger and -listen- this time. I am trying to help.

Support are idiots. They call themselves GMs, but they aren't. Not in the traditional sense of the word. They sit in a room in Texas (no where near to the team in CA) and answer tickets through scripts that are often patches and patches out of date. They have little to no communication with Cyan (community manager) or Hime (lead community manager) or Gideon (Aion game producer). They do their thing in a little room and do it poorly. None of the 10 Support people that you spoke to was Cyan or Hime or Gideon. 

Trying to get a handle on just what happened with you. The whole "a GM stole my account" is a red herring and isn't helping. Just shelve that for now and let's try and get your account back.

Tell me if this is right.

• You try to login to your account one day and find that it is locked/banned/whatever. You can't login.
  • You send a ticket through the website asking what is going on.
  • The response to that ticket is that they need to verify that you are the owner of your account and ask you for certain pieces of information. You provide that information via the ticket system.
  • A week later you get an email saying that some other IP is trying to access your account. (Did you play during that week?)
  • You start a new ticket saying that someone is trying to access your account and that it isn't you.
  • The response to this ticket is that someone is contesting the account and has provided information (just as you had) that they are the true owner of the account. Since you are both providing accurate information, Support is locking your account because they don't know which of you is the true owner.

You say you didn't share your account details with anyone. Not a friend. Not a gf/bf. Not a legionmate. Did you by any chance purchase your account? (Sometimes players will "sell" accounts and then later send a ticket to contest the account and since they made the account, they have information to prove that they own the account.)

You have not spoken to Cyan if you didn't send him a PM here on the forums. That's a guarantee. He can look into this for you. Send him a -brief- account of what happened. Don't make accusations. Don't tell him what you think happened. Just give him the facts. Provide him with just the ticket numbers. (He can look them up. He doesn't need screenshots.) Lastly, don't be a potato.

Hopefully you can get the account back.

Best of luck.

Archived