I get the impression that AION is getting empty.

Gwin-DN

Today I found the server (Danaria) quite empty compared to a few days ago. In my list of friends I always see 18 people online on average and today and I saw only 9 people. In my legion the average is 15 players and today I saw only 5.

I tried to make a cubic close to Garrison, but there was no shugo there (it was just another bug). Then I noticed that there was a group of elite ASMODIANS in that place. This includes the Governor and some players who are at the top of the ranking.

Apparently this group does not have much to do in AION. They already have all the Daevanion Skills, they have the complete Cubic and the Ultimate +15 set they earned for free from NCSOFT. All that remains for these players is hunt the Elyos.

I'm on the same level as most. I'm with an Ancient set that will never reach +15. The consequence of this is a damage of 91KK in a single Skill. For me is Hit Kill any time.

As I can not evolve because of the barrier created by version 6.2 the AION is monotone. Because of the difficulties of enchanting an item ... Today I know. I will never be competitive. 

This explains this impression (empty server). I also think this was no coincidence. And you? What do you think? Do you also have that impression?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Gwin-DN said:

Today I found the server (Danaria) quite empty compared to a few days ago. In my list of friends I always see 18 people online on average and today and I saw only 9 people. In my legion the average is 15 players and today I saw only 5.

I tried to make a cubic close to Garrison, but there was no shugo there (it was just another bug). Then I noticed that there was a group of elite ASMODIANS in that place. This includes the Governor and some players who are at the top of the ranking.

Apparently this group does not have much to do in AION. They already have all the Daevanion Skills, they have the complete Cubic and the Ultimate +15 set they earned for free from NCSOFT. All that remains for these players is hunt the Elyos.

I'm on the same level as most. I'm with an Ancient set that will never reach +15. The consequence of this is a damage of 91KK in a single Skill. For me is Hit Kill any time.

As I can not evolve because of the barrier created by version 6.2 the AION is monotone. Because of the difficulties of enchanting an item ... Today I know. I will never be competitive. 

This explains this impression (empty server). I also think this was no coincidence. And you? What do you think? Do you also have that impression?

I came back after 3 year break, reach level 80, got owned like a level 1, realized I can't compete so I left. So basically yes, what you described above is why I don't log in anymore. I just go on PubG.

Also keep in mind that by monday pretty much everyone has used up their instance CDs and has nothing to do. Open world pvp isn't enjoyable for most when you either get zerged or dropped super fast because you can't enchant out of ancient gear. That leaves pvp instances and siege..... which are only available at certain times.

13 hours ago, Gwin-DN said:

You say that you wish to talk about how the playership has fallen which is a real issue, but then you toss in the bolded text and give us a peek at your real issues.

Assuming that someone who is looking for PvP kills has completed everything is really over the top. Perhaps they thought that the cubic was real as well. Perhaps they needed a few more PvP kills in order to turn in a quest and went to the cubic symbol in order to go where people would be congregating. If someone, Asmo or Elyos, was given compensation gear it certainly wasn't free. They worked for that in the last patch. It was hardly "free". We all had the same chance to get that compensation gear and were given months of notice to work on it. If you (or I, for that matter!) chose to not take advantage of that, that's on us. You also emphasis that these are those evil ASMODIANS by putting it all in capital letters, as if the top ranks of Elyos don't do the same damn thing. How many times have I rushed to a cubic on an alt only to be met by governor and commander camping the entrance and killing any Asmodians who try to enter!

It seems that your real issue is that Aion is a PvPvE game.

You don't even need to get an impression just look at Steam charts alone... Aion has officially lost more players then it gained with the patch so it is now worse off then ever... It really makes me sad because I have a lot of time invested in this game and to see it just roll over and die is really depressing... All they would have to do is add a decent way to farm legendary enchantment stones and fix enchantment rates but its to late IMO. RIP AION!

5 minutes ago, Mukesh-DN said:

Cubic Shugos just stay up tell they time out since no one is even using them.

This is happening because more people are maxing out their cubicles. I mean, I agree that population is decreasing again, but the cubics thing is just because people are finishing that aspect of the game.

5 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You say that you wish to talk about how the playership has fallen which is a real issue, but then you toss in the bolded text and give us a peek at your real issues.

Assuming that someone who is looking for PvP kills has completed everything is really over the top. Perhaps they thought that the cubic was real as well. Perhaps they needed a few more PvP kills in order to turn in a quest and went to the cubic symbol in order to go where people would be congregating. If someone, Asmo or Elyos, was given compensation gear it certainly wasn't free. They worked for that in the last patch. It was hardly "free". We all had the same chance to get that compensation gear and were given months of notice to work on it. If you (or I, for that matter!) chose to not take advantage of that, that's on us. You also emphasis that these are those evil ASMODIANS by putting it all in capital letters, as if the top ranks of Elyos don't do the same damn thing. How many times have I rushed to a cubic on an alt only to be met by governor and commander camping the entrance and killing any Asmodians who try to enter!

It seems that your real issue is that Aion is a PvPvE game.

I do not want to argue with people who love this game no matter how bad the game is now. It takes maturity and courage to point out mistakes. This is important because if we do not do this, very soon, the game will lose so many customers that it will be impossible to maintain the server.

You need to put your heart aside and use reason. MiphaBae-DN's comment was good. He explained that population is reduced on Monday and that makes sense to me. He had mature behavior.

I know NCS has given everyone the opportunity, but the reality is not the same for everyone. Some have time. Not my case, but this does not make my review an isolated complaint.

If you consider everything that happened you will realize that there is a separation between the players. You will also see the serious errors of this version.

Some players are fine, but they do not have any challenge ahead of them and others are bad because they do not have the means to evolve. Everything fails and no matter your time and your money.

The consequence of this is that the two sides are becoming unmotivated and it is on the weaker side that new customers come up. 

Do you understand that?

Currently AION does not provide a means for a player to evolve. Incantations do not work and the ranking is frozen forever. The AION is now just boring.

So I do not make a passionate, childish and gratuitous critique. I also love this game and I know its potential, but the way the game is now... just no future.

A point. The bold was your. Not mine.

@Gwin-DN.. now this is a dispassionate post that talks about the dwindling population.

Your first post, however, was not mature and actually was every bit the childish critique you claim not to have made.

I marked in bold where you went from concern about a population decrease and into a churlish, angry rant about those that like to PvP. You do see that you wrote "Asmodian" in all caps as if to emphasis that only the evil Asmodians would dare camp the cubic shugo. (Elyos was not in caps, btw.) Do you understand that both sides do this and on all servers? And that some of the people were there to run cubic and not finding the shugo, stayed to PvP? And that others went there specifically knowing that players would come to run cubic and would be easy to find for PvP kills for quests? That not every person standing there wanting to PvP was given "free" gear and that even if they were, that gear was hardly free? And that you and I had the same chance to get that very same "free" gear? That not every person there wanting to PvP has all their Daevian skills or has opened all their cubics or any other crazy theory you decided to toss out? That while some people do PvP when they are bored, others absolutely, when given the choice of what they want to do, will chose to PvP over running an instance? That may not be your way, but it is a valid way to play this game. That wanting or liking to PvP isn't destroying this game. And if someone quits this game because they got zerged or ganked or killed in PvP, then they didn't read the description of the game very well before they tried it. Because like it or not, this is a PvPvE game. 

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

@Gwin-DN.. now this is a dispassionate post that talks about the dwindling population.

Your first post, however, was not mature and actually was every bit the childish critique you claim not to have made.

I marked in bold where you went from concern about a population decrease and into a churlish, angry rant about those that like to PvP. You do see that you wrote "Asmodian" in all caps as if to emphasis that only the evil Asmodians would dare camp the cubic shugo. (Elyos was not in caps, btw.) Do you understand that both sides do this and on all servers? And that some of the people were there to run cubic and not finding the shugo, stayed to PvP? And that others went there specifically knowing that players would come to run cubic and would be easy to find for PvP kills for quests? That not every person standing there wanting to PvP was given "free" gear and that even if they were, that gear was hardly free? And that you and I had the same chance to get that very same "free" gear? That not every person there wanting to PvP has all their Daevian skills or has opened all their cubics or any other crazy theory you decided to toss out? That while some people do PvP when they are bored, others absolutely, when given the choice of what they want to do, will chose to PvP over running an instance? That may not be your way, but it is a valid way to play this game. That wanting or liking to PvP isn't destroying this game. And if someone quits this game because they got zerged or ganked or killed in PvP, then they didn't read the description of the game very well before they tried it. Because like it or not, this is a PvPvE game. 

You have distorted pretty much everything I said and talked about things that have nothing to do with my comments. This way Any dialogue is not productive. You do not seem able to write without move down the level or attack someone you do not know. So... Before it gets worse. Think as you wish ...

For me the level of conversation needs to be better to merit my time and my attention. See you later or never. I dont care.

TBH, Aly is correct.  OP decided to take a shot at everything he hates about the game.  There are many reasons people have left or arent online. 

NCSoft will never admit to it but the compensation gear was a big mistake.  Whether you agree or not, so be it.  The main problem I see is the patch itself, it has less and less stuff to do compared with other patches.  We had more sieges, for one thing. 

I find it laughable about GP not given in instances, PvP and PvE alike, and people still afk them.  And no its not just to get free enchantment stones, I see people that have ulti gear just afk.  I, for one, am happy evergale, idgel and and dreg dont give GP.  If you couldnt stop the afking for free gp, take the gp out of the equation.

Yes the shugoling event is lackluster, but we have the snowball event and that looks more than promising. 

I see the main reason why the game looks vacant is that after3-4 weeks, you have done 90% of the content and are on alts or have to wait for reset day.  I am just hoping 6.5 comes soon and brings people back or we may really be low pop by 7.0

32 minutes ago, Gwin-DN said:

You have distorted pretty much everything I said and talked about things that have nothing to do with my comments. This way Any dialogue is not productive. You do not seem able to write without move down the level or attack someone you do not know. So... Before it gets worse. Think as you wish ...

For me the level of conversation needs to be better to merit my time and my attention. See you later or never. I dont care.

Aly is arguing with you for the sake of arguing, after reading both of your responses you make intelligent rebuttals with common sense. Where her responses seems like she is looking for holes in your narrative.  

41 minutes ago, DoorKnob-EK said:

TBH, Aly está correto. OP decidiu dar uma olhada em tudo o que ele odeia sobre o jogo. Existem muitas razões pelas quais as pessoas saíram ou não estão on-line. 

NCSoft nunca vai admitir, mas o equipamento de compensação foi um grande erro. Concorde ou não, assim seja. O principal problema que vejo é o patch em si, tem menos e menos coisas para fazer em comparação com outros patches. Nós tivemos mais cercos por uma coisa. 

Eu acho ridículo o fato do GP não ser dado em instâncias, PvP e PvE, e as pessoas ainda as afligem. E não é só para obter pedras de encantamento gratuitas, eu vejo pessoas que têm apenas um pouco de afk. Eu, por exemplo, sou feliz evergale, idgel ee dreg não dar GP. Se você não conseguir parar o afking por gp livre, tire o gp da equação.

Sim, o evento de shugoling é sem brilho, mas nós temos o evento de bola de neve e isso parece mais do que promissor. 

Eu vejo a principal razão pela qual o jogo parece vago é que depois de 3-4 semanas, você fez 90% do conteúdo e está em alts ou tem que esperar pelo dia de redefinição. Eu só estou esperando 6.5 vem em breve e traz as pessoas de volta ou podemos realmente ser baixa pop por 7,0

I think that if the enchant worked, everyone would have a oportunidy to be better. The problem is that you can hardly hit a single +15 item.

GP is also another problem. If you take 1 GP for every dead enemy , this would be something. IDL and Arena could also give some GP. That would be a significant improvement. Everyone would have something better to do (objetives).

I'm with you on the enchanting, I've seen a +14 once on ancient gear and have had 7 legendary stones fail in a row.

GP should be taken out of the instances.  Everything was tried to eliminate the afks, nothing worked.

The GP for a kill would be nice, but it would encourage more low level ganking in open world pvp.  Cause I dont think those that are sitting in the top 300 would sit around.  Plus the botting has gotten out of hand again. 

Thinking about Cubic, BOS, FM and etc. Soon we will not have groups to do this because there will be no reason to do it. Almost everything in 6.2 is limited, including enchant that do not go up. Then the game will only be monotone and aimless.

Are you kidding me? im tired of can't do anything without met at least 1 entire party of Asmos in Danaria, everywhere i got there is complitly collapsed of pvp, the Lakrum villague is insanily full of elyos and the camps are disputed between 2 diferent groups of the faction killing the quest npcs, and you say Danaria is empty? -.-

Why wouldn't the game be dead?

I haven't played since 5.8 i did read all the changes coming for 6.2 and only those with thousands of dollars invested or the diehards would keep playing aion.Why would anyone who's played since release or even the last few patches have any confidence that korea could deliver a game changing patch and listen to player feedback and rectify it in a quick time,as some have pointed out if such player unhappiness occured in say world of warcraft issues would be hotfixed within a week or 2 at the most.

Lets be honest why would any old or even a new player stick around with the stupid changes in the last 2 patches.

Leveling so 5.8 leveling was seriously a massive grindfest that went beyond the leveling curve of the game during release pay2level berdin stars luna instances with far superior Xp to pve ones,6.2 is a turnabout that make's leveling a utter joke.

Pvp gearing in 5.8 awesome finally tradeable and broker gear,let down by enchanting letting gear have no limit but your wallet was the dumbest idea ever,now we have non trade gear but a utterly rubbish enchanting rate cant be sold or traded even between your own account.

Currency on your own account,what sort of developer make's it so hard to transfer resources between your own account,people love alts plain and simple making everything account bound and currency so hard to trade without incurring major losses does not inspire people to try your game or make established players want too stay.

Pvp seriously what sort of game that classify itself as Pvp/ve makes pvp instances have a cooldown nor provide adequate rewards from the pvp instances???

Compensation gear again being honest only those who opened their wallets majorly got this gear,sure maybe a few free2play people might of got gear,those with large amounts of time and no real life commitments,gearing any new patch should be equal for everyone regardless of the money they spent,nobody wants to play and be 1 shot or spend the next year trying to catch up for pvp.

Enchanting so sure this patch gear doesnt explode but the enchanting stones do and reduce players gear even lower,which is seriously the same as if the gear exploded,just a waste of time money and player's resources,the fact people don't see what ncsoft are doing is amazing.

If 6.2 didnt change kinah and account items,they kept tradeable pvp gear,capped enchanting at +15 and had same rate of omegas previously,removed minions from pvp only then maybe this patch would of been awesome.

As a player who spent massive sums of money on aion only to quit because this COMPANY DOES NOT LISTEN TO PLAYERS,they do not care about north america or any other region but KOREA PLAYERS,the fact people havent worked this out after the last 2 years of crap just astounds me.This game needs to make money but they go about it in all the wrong ways,have zero idea of what players enjoy or want never respond to legit questions apart from were working on it.

People should realise by now the NA market is nothing but Cows they are milking till the end,they know full well what they are doing and if you beleive they dont have a business and gameplan to get money by these changes you aren't learning much from the forum posts over the last few years of player unhappiness

Completely agree with OP. Left the game about 2 months ago because of that. I come back to the forums from time to time to read what people think about the state of the game, and it appears that more and more people are opening their eyes. I will repeat what I said back when 6.2 was launched: This game is slowly dying and NCWest/gameforge know it. They're squeezing the most out of their "whales" before this game dies. The fact that there are people who defend this game in its current state Just baffles me. How can you be so blind? It's as clear as day they're milking the hell out of loyal players.

I'm glad I left, but also sad because I loved this game...

Archived