Forums

I get the impression that AION is getting empty.

Gwin-DN

Guess it depends on your perspective of what crowded is. This game basically has only one map the majority of players would be on, and it is a small map in comparison to most other games. Just checked now at 6:30 AM ( yes I know its early Sunday and most are getting ready for church). Asmo KT had 3 players in Ish and 10 in Beluslan, main map showed 104 which is the max search unless I break it into classes (too lazy). I just logged out of FF14, I am on the novice/returner chat and it showed 324 new or returning players online and 31 mentors. That is on just one server.  I do agree with Ressentiment, they are milking what they can out of the remaining player base. They had their chance to increase population with patch launch and blew it. Can't even make simple fixes or respond. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people login to AION to up for SIEGE, only. The goal is just to maintain your ranking position. When you do not have SIEGE the server will have a reduced number of players. There is no incentive for anything. Niguem rises and no one descends. The game is stopped, static. Who has the Ultimate + 15 does not need anything else. Who do not have... Never will take it. Is impossible now... So... This impression of being empty will increase with time.

On KT, saturday last siege time, 10 min before siege there was around 300 asmos online. I imagine there was more ppl logging in after siege time because it happens. Also imagine that there was like 300+ elyos online.

You must  to see that in Aion people must be online at certain times when stuff is actually happening.

Keep in mind its the holiday season. People are shopping and doing friends/family/work activities. Also, lots of ppl are on alts now since running out of things to do on your main comes quite quickly. Possibly with word that enchanting rates "might" get better before 6.5 some might be waiting around for something easier. I feel lots still play but it's come to; do the few things you can and than move on to alts if you work more than 1 or a couple toons. I don't believe 1-2 toons can keep an active player satisfied thus resulting thinking the game is dying.

Somehow Aion turned out as "wait next patch" game. If you take few day break then may realize that making more alts just to do something isn't worth that because you cant feed main/alts anymore and most likely will never get full +15 Ulti PvP gear even on 1 char till 7.0.

Its too much RNG now, before we knew that need X amount of medals + X amount of AP to get best gear and be ready to PvP, now you depend on RNG with upgrades. Another thing is Legendary transformations, if wont get one you need before 6.5 then your screwed hard because will be 2x more ancients = much harder to get doubles, same with other grades.

P.S. Every day more and more people in legion/friend list/LFG state that started playing other games and will wait to see what happen with Aion while do just basic stuff here.

My time on Aion since 6.2 came has dwindled to logging in once or twice a week, fluttering (flying) around Dragonrest for an hour, then logging off til the next week. When you consider I used to be subscribed (then prestige afterward), and spend all day playing this game what it has become is tragic to say the least. All my favorite places are gone. All the side quests I used to love are gone. Aion's story has been reduced to a tiny fraction of what it once was, etc., etc., etc., the list goes on.....

I'd say more but I think y'all get the idea.

Yea, used to play this game all night, it was fun, but this RNG is just too much for me. RNG on these games is the worst possible thing you can do, I can see RNG for gear drops from bosses, that's alright, but when you need to + your gear just to compete and not get one shotted, and you try your best to do it and no matter how many stones you use it just doesn't work. You're combat ineffective, because of rng, and no game should be like that. I might still play this game though with just +10 gear and try to avoid pvp, but then, I can't stand the transformation system and it's just a complete turn off for me. RIP Aion, you have become too toxic for me to play anymore. I will always remember the good times though.

yea I hate the transformations  as well. I don't spend over an hour in character creation getting the right look, muscle tone, body face, etc so I can give my looks up for those of a big eyed cartoon animal, lol, it screws up my immersion big time so I know how you feel.

Right now I'm just hoping for a miracle.

3 hours ago, Madrion-KT said:

Where is everyone hanging out?  Logged in to a lower level toon (none at max yet) and there is no one anywhere in Panda, or the Enshar, Gelk or Herion????  Is everyone at end game level, or is no one playing anymore???

AFKing in Lakrum base after collecting daily event snowballs in Pandaemonium/Sanctum.

Aion is an awesome game with an awesome concept, angels vs devils? What? That's cool . Now fix the game and make it fun and stop nyerking people around with your RNG rubbish, stop deleting your nyerking world. Stop putting your pvp instances behind time locks, what the nyerking hell. Why do I have to wait to do the one thing that's fun on this game? And only once a day? Why would you stop people from being able to trade? Why would you take all the mounts out of the game, or make it impossible for new players to get a permanent mount forcing them to walk slow everywhere unless they transform into some corny stuffed animal?  What is wrong with you? How do you think that's a good idea? That's like if I made a banana and tuna fish sandwich, and thought it was a good idea... It's not.

want to play Aion, I really do.  But I just...can't bring myself to.  I hate the transformation system SO MUCH.  I hate how the new gear works (Can't upgrade one of my weapons because I will lose attack speed).  I hate that NCsoft gave compensation gear based on what people had previously, something that's never been done in the past, for good reason.  

I love Aion, I really do, I've loved this game since September 2009, back when there were 200+ people all jammed into the little garden area next to the witch's in Ishalgan all desperately clicking at ribbits hoping they'd find Rae.  But 5.8 through to 6.2 have just been...so -bad-.  I didn't really like much in 5.X (Pandy siege, BoS and rifting were it, really.  Oh, and Ereshkigal's design).  And now 6.X and this GOD FORSAKEN DUMB ASS TRANSFORMATION SYSTEM.  Just give me back my nyerking run/attack/crit/flight scrolls and throw out the nyerking piece of shit furry bullshit.  If I wanted to see idiots running around in animal costumes I'd go to a nyerking furry convention.  

On 19/12/2018 at 0:01 AM, DoorKnob-EK said:

I'm with you on the enchanting, I've seen a +14 once on ancient gear and have had 7 legendary stones fail in a row.

GP should be taken out of the instances.  Everything was tried to eliminate the afks, nothing worked.

The GP for a kill would be nice, but it would encourage more low level ganking in open world pvp.  Cause I dont think those that are sitting in the top 300 would sit around.  Plus the botting has gotten out of hand again. 

The GP shouldnt be taken away from instances; It should be given when PvP happened. When I was a twink ages ago, it was fun to do dredgion, meet in mid, with 2 premade groups on each side, and PvP sometimes we would pvp the whole 40 minutes, or we would define who was the dominant group in the game and then after killing the opposite team few times we would take all points in the game by destroying those things I forgot the name, and even killing the boss. IF not, it was just hard pvp till the team who would win more and get more points would win.

If they give GP when actually PvP happens, people would join PvP instances for PvP, so they could get the rewards. The winner team and the loser team both would get rewards the same way it happens in Sieges. The winnner faction gets more gp and the loser faction earns less gp, or even half of the amount of the one that wins. So people would join in premade groups to win, or they would just lose their ranks.

If PvP didnt happen at all, noone earns gp they only earn AP, since the only utility of AP is augment gear, right? and they would earn pve rewards if PvP didnt happen. PvP  rewards would be given only if pvp happened. Dredgion would always show pvp and pve kills, so only when there were pvp kills they would get pvp rewards. And they should try to match pvp premade groups vs pvp premade groups, randoms vs randoms.

Still there would be people that would join to lose the match and earn the loser pvp reward. but they could make it different. Give Half Of GP, and lets say the winner team would earn 2 enchantment stones for the win. The loser team would only have a chance to earn it. Like sometimes it could drop for them and sometimes it wouldnt (and if dropped it would be only 1). Quests should be only for food and transformation items.
That would stimulate people to do PvP.

Also if they did all quests from camps around lakrum, all weeklies from all camps, they should get as reward 3 legendary enchantment stones. So even if people were undergeared they would do it to have a chance to get geared, and one only pve instance that would also give some pvp enchantment stuff. Like it used to be with EB. And they could do only twice per week, that also would help undergeared people to get geared, and by that I mean new players, because it is frustating to go around lakrum with pve gear, and die all the time you meet an asmo. There are asmos that as soon as they realize you are undergeared they will mark you, so all their friends can kill you, and you are unable to do your stuff. As we know, Not always people who are geared wanna group up with people who aren't geared to help them out, So the game could give other options like this.

Also 1gp per kill shouldnt be given, and I tell you why. People would be farming bots or they would make alts on the opposite faction to farm it, like they used to do in the past.

I really think, ultimate and legendary compensation items would never exist on start from Aion 6.2 the difference in gear is so dam irreal. at this moment those guys are 99% items 1% hands. this is not like before in good days when all was 30% items 70% hands. 

AFKing was rampant for the last 2-3 years in a gp instance that had pvp.  Tried kicking, that was either abused to get friends into the same battle or the alliance leader was afk.  There was no solution for any of it. 

You can join an alliance for sieges now and afk, get minimum gp and at least a purple if not red box.    As long as you are in an alliance that is filled with people who won't kick you. 

With the removal of reset scrolls and luna used to reset instances, do you think that whales will pvp or afk to gp, either way, the 'P2W' stigma will surface.  There was only one certain way to stop the 30 trillion posts about afking to gp on gp instances.  Take the gp out.  And AP is only good for De'ing and upgrading, if you werent given +15 ulti compensation gears. You can throw in xform seeds but only a small population needs that.

Contribution rates or rankings in a pvp instance is a joke.  Take Evergale, who gets more GP, the person guarding the node, the ones that kill bosses or those camping the enemy spawn.  Can't say only those that pvp get more gp, then games would last forever.  Plus rewarding the losing side of the instance is a mistake, what incentive to I have to try if I can do the minimum, get GP, spend $$$ get my luna reset and practically afk farm GP while losing.

I never thought quests should give gp or ap unless its the current system of kill xx amount of the opposing faction.  But the 1 gp per kill would promote more open world pvp rather than the sitting in the lakrum city afk waiting to do something.  Killing bots would help the opposing faction, no?  NCsoft would have to go back to the old system if a bot got so many bot reports, the name turns a different color and doesnt count for GP, AP or a pvp kill.

6 minutes ago, Chump-DN said:

AFKing was rampant for the last 2-3 years in a gp instance that had pvp.  Tried kicking, that was either abused to get friends into the same battle or the alliance leader was afk.  There was no solution for any of it. 

You can join an alliance for sieges now and afk, get minimum gp and at least a purple if not red box.    As long as you are in an alliance that is filled with people who won't kick you. 

With the removal of reset scrolls and luna used to reset instances, do you think that whales will pvp or afk to gp, either way, the 'P2W' stigma will surface.  There was only one certain way to stop the 30 trillion posts about afking to gp on gp instances.  Take the gp out.  And AP is only good for De'ing and upgrading, if you werent given +15 ulti compensation gears. You can throw in xform seeds but only a small population needs that.

Contribution rates or rankings in a pvp instance is a joke.  Take Evergale, who gets more GP, the person guarding the node, the ones that kill bosses or those camping the enemy spawn.  Can't say only those that pvp get more gp, then games would last forever.  Plus rewarding the losing side of the instance is a mistake, what incentive to I have to try if I can do the minimum, get GP, spend $$$ get my luna reset and practically afk farm GP while losing.

I never thought quests should give gp or ap unless its the current system of kill xx amount of the opposing faction.  But the 1 gp per kill would promote more open world pvp rather than the sitting in the lakrum city afk waiting to do something.  Killing bots would help the opposing faction, no?  NCsoft would have to go back to the old system if a bot got so many bot reports, the name turns a different color and doesnt count for GP, AP or a pvp kill.

You only get GP from sieges. Instances don't give GP nor do any other quests. Just sieges.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You only get GP from sieges. Instances don't give GP nor do any other quests. Just sieges.

I understand that, I was referring to the poster a few above me, Lyriccs. 

There is one quest from the pink prestige guy that gives 50 gp but I think its related to the siege.  And not sure if its one and done or a weekly.  Saw it when NCsoft was kind and gave the one week prestige trial.

I didnt quote the post as seeing I was replying at length and their post was lengthy as well

2 hours ago, Chump-DN said:

The best system existed in the 3.0-4.0 era. It's simply not possible to improve much on that. The stuff they have been creating is not meant to make your experience better, is meant to make THEIR experience better. They can't sell you att speed and move speed transformation when you get those stats from gloves/boots and scrolls. They can't sell you tons of enchantment stones to upgrade your gear when you get your gear from stuff you do in game only. They can't sell you stigma enchantment stones when you don't have to enchant stigmas or get extra slots for stigma. 

The best system was at that era because you could enter dredgion multiple times a day, you could afk or play, if ppl in your group afk, you would get surks for yourself and get extra personal points for more ap. ppl even  made afk  groups, there was no pressure to win  and not many raging ppl because of afk players. have you noticed that they removed kamar battlefield and other stuff and people don't even care  ? But when dredge was removed at the  beggining of 4.0 ppl raged and they had to put that back on.

In 3.0 you could get crucible insignias in discipline for a good starting  set. You would lose nothing even if lose or afk, cuz you would only spend consumables  for the  arenas. You  could increase the  ammount earned if you bought a booster. That was ok. In 4.0 you could get blood mark gear, it was a  good starting set while you worked on ap gear. It had nice stats and it would only go +10 so you wouldn't waste too much  money  enchanting it. You could avoid peak times if you wouldn't want to get  pvp. 

PVE at that those times was nice, nothing much complicated, many ppl only bothered for DEing gear, or  make kinah, many would prefer just quest  in the maps. At those times you would go to the arena in pandaemonium and you would see lots of ppl lv 40, 50, 60 pvping, dueling in town. Now it's always empty. I guess those times won't come back.

@Matsukamy-KT  I agree and the worst of Aion history was 6.2.  Can't craft consumables.  Can't trade kinah or crafted gear in the account warehouse. ETC.

But I believe that the reason gp was stopped in Evergale, dredge and the others is cause there was no perfect solution to the AFK problem.  Even as I type now, I was in an Evergale where a great general was just afk, just as he did the last 3-4 years in Evergale.  Only difference, no GP.  I can't imagine that he needs the minion contracts, minum or enchant stones seeing he had top dollar gear before 6.2 and received top level compensation gear.

Aion needs a bail out, quick.

All this complaining about compensation gear.  there are people running around in almost full ultimate masterwork gear who havn't spent a dime on the game,  which out classes compensation gear.  sounds like the typical (i play this game so i'm entitled to have the same gear and ability as someone else without putting in the same amount of work)  take this as a life lesson,  life isn't fair and never will be.   you want to be on an equal playing field?  put in the work for it and don't demand instant results.  you want instant results?  pay thousands of dollars for it.   just like 400 lb people do with liposuction because they don't want to put in the work to lose weight.

Archived