Forums

Reset Glory Points for Merge

Nakago-DN

Hi, i think i would be really necessary to be fair with Kahrun and Beritra servers to reset the GP when the merge happen, SL, TM and IS, have been for longer exist, and they also have more players, which means they have got a lot of advantage to farm GP by more populated sieges, and rooms for pvp instances, also time they have to farm money and get more GP during the time NPC to exchance Ap to GP was in Levinshor. If you check KR ranking vs Israphel one, the one who is on top 30 in KR have same GP like ppl in top 200 in IS. Thats all because in Kahrun we dont have people to run Pvp instances everyday or all sieges like they do. So please seriously consider this and do something about it. I add screenshot of the difference in ranks between IS and KR.

This is Israphel.
ISGP.png

and This is Kahrun.

KRGP.jpg

It won't happen. :P NCWest might have their issues, but they are not stupid to reset all GP rankings even though you're asking for two servers to be reset, not all of them. You might be able to imagine the rage of the community for resetting those, which will be definitely higher than the rage of the people after the merge with not resetting the rankings. No reset > Reset

Also keep in mind that those rankings are still changing with the current transfers. There are people still waiting for NCWest's lifting the restrictions so some players can move they main characters w/o losing AP and GP.

5 hours ago, Nyali-IS said:

It won't happen. :P NCWest might have their issues, but they are not stupid to reset all GP rankings even though you're asking for two servers to be reset, not all of them. You might be able to imagine the rage of the community for resetting those, which will be definitely higher than the rage of the people after the merge with not resetting the rankings. No reset > Reset

Also keep in mind that those rankings are still changing with the current transfers. There are people still waiting for NCWest's lifting the restrictions so some players can move they main characters w/o losing AP and GP.

It's just a suggestion, not a command. Life won't end if it doesn't happen.

I don't think it was necessary/constructive to qualify (the idea or) the eventuality that NCSoft could consider resetting GP's as being 'stupid'. 

17 hours ago, Lotie-IS said:

It's just a suggestion, not a command. Life won't end if it doesn't happen.

I don't think it was necessary/constructive to qualify (the idea or) the eventuality that NCSoft could consider resetting GP's as being 'stupid'. 

I hear ya and I understand where you're coming from. I hope you didn't take it in an offensive way, it wasn't meant to be one.

We already had a few threads about it with similar suggestions and it was clearly stated that it won't happen. Looking at it from a business point of view, NCWest would have a bigger loss if they reset the GP for all servers, imo, rather than just keep it as it is and merge them. Yes, some people might be on the losing end, I agree, but the gap shouldn't be as bad as of starting from 0. The rankings will balance out after the first season after the merge just like it balanced out after the last patch when they fixed it.

Maybe the word "stupid" wasn't the best wording, but I believe you got my point, hopefully. Maybe NCWest will change their minds as they have in the past, but like you said yourself, if they don't, life won't end if it doesn't happen. :3

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2017 at 11:21 AM, Nyali-DN said:

...it JUST happened:
https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/4791-glory-points-reset-seasons/

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Mind you, it's been a year and a half since that was posted. xD

Mind you, I did a search on all GP posts done in the past, hoping to find those people wishing it will remain the same and not want the reset, only to to paste the link in their faces.

Man this is the best news we got in a big time frame. AFKTolerance is going off the ranks finally!

Archived