People randomly getting banned

Illumishinel-DN

11 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

This is probably it tbh. Remember that dude who was abusing the manastone-gear-breaking system and getting tons and tons of +12 manastones maybe 6 months ago? John something or other. He ended up getting banned, then logged onto the forums to cry about it because it caused everyone else in his university to ALSO get banned.

Unfortunately I wasn't here 6 months ago. I took a roughly two year, maybe 1.5 hiatus from Retail. I came back just before (maybe a couple weeks) this patch dropped but I stayed connected and up to date through P.Servers. Never lost the prowess I gained from constantly fighting there but... blah blah blah enchanting sucks...

Anyway, the story is familiar and I've seen it happen various times since beta, as well as anti-cheats being a problem. When GG was given to us a loooong time ago, we fought really hard and it was eventually removed, not in a long duration of time either, it was quite swift. I believe it made a return, some time later? Or just hung around in the files, unused... point is it caused problems, similar to OP's. and was removed for that reason if I recall. At the same time we were dropping banhammers on bots in the hundreds or more at a time with or without the anti-cheat Of course we also had staff pulling people all the time to investigate if they were hacking/botting by porting them to secluded areas, etc.. Dunno if that still happens but I don't hear about it

... People think botting is bad now they should try leveling around Alsig Village and The Fall Road in Morheim back in 1.x.... brutal. Fortunately many then were glads and all it took was a quick train :).... 

Likely a combination of all of these things and negligence, at the end of the day.

3 hours ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

Unfortunately I wasn't here 6 months ago. I took a roughly two year, maybe 1.5 hiatus from Retail. I came back just before (maybe a couple weeks) this patch dropped but I stayed connected and up to date through P.Servers. Never lost the prowess I gained from constantly fighting there but... blah blah blah enchanting sucks...

Anyway, the story is familiar and I've seen it happen various times since beta, as well as anti-cheats being a problem. When GG was given to us a loooong time ago, we fought really hard and it was eventually removed, not in a long duration of time either, it was quite swift. I believe it made a return, some time later? Or just hung around in the files, unused... point is it caused problems, similar to OP's. and was removed for that reason if I recall. At the same time we were dropping banhammers on bots in the hundreds or more at a time with or without the anti-cheat Of course we also had staff pulling people all the time to investigate if they were hacking/botting by porting them to secluded areas, etc.. Dunno if that still happens but I don't hear about it

... People think botting is bad now they should try leveling around Alsig Village and The Fall Road in Morheim back in 1.x.... brutal. Fortunately many then were glads and all it took was a quick train :).... 

Likely a combination of all of these things and negligence, at the end of the day.

Actually GameGuard was pulled extremely quickly, and never returned. I never heard of it causing problems such as OP's at all- the problems it caused were more likely to prevent users from logging in to the game, period.

Support will never tell anyone how they detect any abnormal activity and that makes complete sense. Should you be falsely accused of course that's going to be frustrating but posting Support's  responses here  on the forums just to call them inept is equally pointless. If anything, this thread would normally have long since been locked.  OP isn't banned so no harm no foul- her choice now whether she plays Aion or not.

7 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Actually GameGuard was pulled extremely quickly, and never returned. I never heard of it causing problems such as OP's at all- the problems it caused were more likely to prevent users from logging in to the game, period.

Support will never tell anyone how they detect any abnormal activity and that makes complete sense. Should you be falsely accused of course that's going to be frustrating but posting Support's  responses here  on the forums just to call them inept is equally pointless. If anything, this thread would normally have long since been locked.  OP isn't banned so no harm no foul- her choice now whether she plays Aion or not.

There is harm, because NCsoft has threaten to ban and we don't know how much time and money OP has invested.

Archived