Sign in to follow this  
Cub-EK

Ancient transforms

Cub-EK   

i have messed around with DPS on multiple ancient transforms and it seems to be around the same DPS whether i use a straight ATTK speed transform or an ATTK/Casting speed transform. but i see people using attk speed ones and some using the attk/casting speed. just curious to which you prefer and why? Trying to figure out which i want to use, just trying to get opinions

I'm a ranger btw for anyone who doesn't know already

As a chanter, I use an 18% atk speed one (the cat one) because it's the only one (that I have) that lets me weave in a way that feels normal/useful. The hybrid atk/cast ones are ok, but the atk speed just isn't high enough to let me weave in a functional way like I did before 6.2. I have rejuvenating spell which is super fast to cast and I have cast speed mace/gloves for heals, so I don't feel like I need a hybrid transform. However, I know a lot of songweavers prefer the atk/cast hybrid transforms. I guess it just depends on your play style and which class you play. It also depends on what transforms you have at your disposal. Some people might not have a pure cast or pure atk speed transform yet and so they have to use the hybrid one because that's all they have.

Donee-EK   
On 25/12/2018 at 2:11 AM, Cub-EK said:

i have messed around with DPS on multiple ancient transforms and it seems to be around the same DPS whether i use a straight ATTK speed transform or an ATTK/Casting speed transform. but i see people using attk speed ones and some using the attk/casting speed. just curious to which you prefer and why? Trying to figure out which i want to use, just trying to get opinions

I'm a ranger btw for anyone who doesn't know already

I think atk speed is straight up better for rangers isn't it? Correct me if i am wrong but cast speed is just for buffs and traps, right?

I am a chanter and i prefer to use high atk speed ones since i only got 2 heals that are on cast and one of them is only 1 second cast, so i don't even bother.

As a Ranger I use Cat. It caps me at 1.2 atk speed with Bestial Fury up.

Unless you get Kaisinel I'd stick with atk speed only transforms. It makes a huge difference in PvP especially.