(1) Log in. (2) See. (3) Logout

Arhangelos

This is the steps I do now in Aion. I log in, I see if there is anything to do and usually there is nothing, so I log out.

1. Cubicals are done weeks ago, I did them with many alts in my account out of boredom, I have every single stat finished
  2. Daevanion Skills: I have them all and I have a ton of doubles of each skill
  3. PvE instances are useless for me, it was ok to farm back-on-back FM 5 times with the same team within 1 hour or something, but why? I do not need any items from it and getting drops from pve doesn't yield any money or anything worthy to say "I earned something". Mirash Sanctum is useless, BoS is boring and useless. I haven't done PF/IDD and never will because I am not interested in getting end game pve gear since pve has absolutely no reason to exist in this game anymore other than those who want to be Lineage II type farmers and get materials and craft items until they also get bored. PvE in general is useless apart from the need of shards which I get by doing the weeklies.
  4. PvP, the one thing I enjoyed, is extremely limited. Arenas are useless now. PvP instances are sparse and EC is AFK infested once again, it is pure RNG whether you win or lose at it! Open World pvp is useless as well, nothing to earn, you do it out of habit. Dredgion is kinda ok as long as you simply rush to get those bosses. If not it is useless again.
  5. Events are practically non existent since 6.2, with the exception of pumpkin solely for the ancient contracts, we now have snow ball event. I had opened 600 snowballs, to get 10x prisms and then end up getting Ancient PvE enchant stones and to me these are useless (see No3 in this list) and some weapon skins that are useless.
  6. Quests/Weeklies: I finish those the first day especially if I am in a group, otherwise if I am bored it might take me 2 days. ALL OF THEM.
  7. Luna instances are practically useless, the things you can craft either require half a month of instances and it might fail to craft, and that is for one legendary pve enchant stone, and as I mentioned, pve is useless.
  8. Crafting is useless to anyone that isn't willing to end up being a farming robot. And why even bother crafting anything? For pvp set because upgrading the NPC set is impossible at the moment? Like you create a broken RNG in enchanting for upgrades and that suddenly makes crafting pvp gear relevant?

...my prestige finished like 3~4 days ago and I have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to re-activate for the below reasons:

• More pve entries=useless to me, why do pve in the first place?
  • More pvp entries, the only ones I care are these: +3 Idgel entries per week (about 12 per month), +3 EC entries per week (about 12 a month). Woo hoo big fun!
  • Extra rewards from sieges and pvp instances = useless because I keep getting ancient pvp enchant stones and it is useless so getting double that is double useless, getting +50% GP (or something) from siege is useless since the ranking list is locked and the only way to get higher in the list, is if someone higher than you stops playing so he gets out of the list and you get 1 slot higher. You can also keep your rank by going in all sieges without prestige, even if you end up losing in all of them, the GP you get is enough. Lastly I do not need my 4-star rank, you can take it back to 1 star for all I care.

Aion right now is

• 3 times a week Idgel that last like 5~7 minutes each
  • 3 times a week EC that lasts max 30 min each (or whatever I do not remember), but usually ends much faster.
  • 4 sieges that might last up to 40~50 minutes for Lakrum and 15~25 minutes is always enough in divine.
  • Some weeklies that you can finish within the first few hours you log in after maintenance.

...NOTHING, this is what Aion has to offer now. I promised myself to hybernate through 6.2 so I won't totally quit, keep logging in, doing my limited content the first 1~2 days and then logout so I won't miss the little rewards I can accumulate until next patch, but it keeps feeling more and more empty since many things are obsolete to even bother doing now.

I don't blame you for seeing things that way. 

It seems that the policy of the producers of the game is, whatever is broken, ignore it,  and what works, proceed to ruin it.

But whatever happens, this game is not dying soon, it has a pretty decent anmount of loyal players that will continue playing and paying don't matter what.

31 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I don't blame you for seeing things that way. 

It seems that the policy of the producers of the game is, whatever is broken, ignore it,  and what works, proceed to ruin it.

But whatever happens, this game is not dying soon, it has a pretty decent anmount of loyal players that will continue playing and paying don't matter what.

It is out of content. And they had a decision (Cyan said so) that they do not want 6.2 to be event-driven!!! LISTEN to them, they have a game where 99% is deleted and they now do not want to even have events! Every time there was an event, the game was more alive. The events we got so far are a lame excuse. Especially snow ball event, the rates of getting ANYTHING worthy are non existent. I opened 620 snowballs that I had since last year, I got nothing, nobody can get 600 snow balls this year so why even bother?

I'm having an existential crisis with Aion.  All I do is level to 80, and fart around Lakrum doing the same quests and sieges, over and over again.  Is this all there is to Aion?

Part of the fun I've had with Aion is the JOURNEY, not the end in itself.  I enjoyed taking my time, exploring new areas, but that seems to be discouraged.  It's the push to (BANG!) level up, (BANG!), level up again, until you crash into your level 80 wall.

It's a shame the power gamers and twinksters insist on having their high-level toys "NOW!", instead of taking their time and enjoying the scenery.

9 hours ago, Rohanna-KT said:

I'm having an existential crisis with Aion.  All I do is level to 80, and fart around Lakrum doing the same quests and sieges, over and over again.  Is this all there is to Aion?

Part of the fun I've had with Aion is the JOURNEY, not the end in itself.  I enjoyed taking my time, exploring new areas, but that seems to be discouraged.  It's the push to (BANG!) level up, (BANG!), level up again, until you crash into your level 80 wall.

It's a shame the power gamers and twinksters insist on having their high-level toys "NOW!", instead of taking their time and enjoying the scenery.

I'd prefer if they make us all lvl 80 instantly but make all maps relevant, all instances relevant, right now we have like 6 instances to do, we had 90% of the game removed and many instances as well. Of course bots would benefit form that more again.

Low lvl instances are useless other than the campaigns they are designed for, you do them once and you forget about them. Gathering, athertapping, morphing, crafting, exploring etc it is all removed.

3 hours ago, 2s1A07B4-DN said:

I'd prefer if they make us all lvl 80 instantly but make all maps relevant, all instances relevant, right now we have like 6 instances to do, we had 90% of the game removed and many instances as well. Of course bots would benefit form that more again.

Low lvl instances are useless other than the campaigns they are designed for, you do them once and you forget about them. Gathering, athertapping, morphing, crafting, exploring etc it is all removed.

If you dont have exchange gear then its 2 instances FM and BoS, cant count CoE and Mirash as instance and cant do end game instances because of gear.

5 hours ago, 2s1A07B4-DN said:

I

I really wish they could bring back 5.8, we had a game and we thought 5.8 was bad and everyone waited for 6.2 to revive Aion. George Orwell is rolling in his grave with the outcome.

I even prefer 5.8 with the known +30 users that step on us, we barely saw them if we wanted to avoid them. I lost more than 15 friends that played in 5.8 and quit shortly after 6.2, some of them didn't even wait for NA 6.2 ,they tried 6.2 in Europe and said "we are done with Aion" like 1~2 months later.

1 hour ago, 2s1A07B4-DN said:

I lost more than 15 friends that played in 5.8 and quit shortly after 6.2

Sadly, I've also lost several 5.8 friends. However, there's no way we *weren't* getting 6.2. Regardless of if we wanted it -- and I was one of the people here on the forums saying that 6.2 was no savior -- we had to get it or the game would be shut down.

9 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Sadly, I've also lost several 5.8 friends. However, there's no way we *weren't* getting 6.2. Regardless of if we wanted it -- and I was one of the people here on the forums saying that 6.2 was no savior -- we had to get it or the game would be shut down.

I lost all of my friends from my country. I still speak with some people that I know and know me but we are not playing together. My last real life friend quit like 1 week ago, so now I am kinda solo.

5.8 was pretty damn bad but it was infinitely better than whatever this 6.2 garbage is. It's been months now, there is no defending it. I gave it a chance but it's awful. They removed EVERYTHING that made Aion... well... Aion. Personally I'd rather go back to 4.X but I'll take 5.8 if it's that or what we have now. -Everyone- I know has left the game, even the hardcore PvPers that taught me to actually play the game.

5.8 was bad for obvious reasons but atleast it had the few good things like events (not like the events with rubbish awards,we have now) andt tradeable stuff(kinah, mats, mounts etc.) without them makes 6.2 worse and a very unfriendly  patch for new players!

NCsoft stop thinking that you know whats best for the players because you dont!

1 hour ago, Hallo-DN said:

5.8 was bad for obvious reasons but atleast it had the few good things like events (not like the events with rubbish awards,we have now) andt tradeable stuff(kinah, mats, mounts etc.) without them makes 6.2 worse and a very unfriendly  patch for new players!

NCsoft stop thinking that you know whats best for the players because you dont!

Events are the devils work. Legitimate reason Aion died off was due to events...well that and no PvE servers.

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Events are the devils work. Legitimate reason Aion died off was due to events...well that and no PvE servers.

Aion didnt ''die'' due to events.Events are the reason why some people still play this game. Other game regions have more events than NA and they still have better population.You must be new here because Aion always been a pve/pvp game and that wont change. You dont like pvp? Rough luck because this patch is mainly for pvp since so few pve instances.

You want to know, why Aion  really is way that its now? Well its because of NCsoft's negligence. Put it simply they stopped caring and need to beg Korean devs to fix everything.

3 hours ago, Hallo-DN said:

Aion didnt ''die'' due to events.Events are the reason why some people still play this game. Other game regions have more events than NA and they still have better population.You must be new here because Aion always been a pve/pvp game and that wont change. You dont like pvp? Rough luck because this patch is mainly for pvp since so few pve instances.

You want to know, why Aion  really is way that its now? Well its because of NCsoft's negligence. Put it simply they stopped caring and need to beg Korean devs to fix everything.

NA has had really low population since early 5.X to think otherwise your being a silly sally. People being logged in to 4 accounts during events does not mean the game is active it was still just as dead 2 months after 5.X released as it is right now. How many 6v6 golden arena's popped when that came out? That was the best thing to happen to this game and yet no one participated due to population and participation issues.

Events may be a reason why some people still play but it is also a reason why so many left. How many people got geared through events during 5.X? That is bad if you can not run an instance then it leaves players with a delusional outlook that they are more geared/skilled then they really are. This left the game in a state of non participation. Why participate if you can get 99% of your gear through events and never have to play. Peoples objective despite what everyone says is max enchanted gear it is not end game PvE or PvP it is max enchant. Events can give you that and then you can stand in town and never use it but that does not make for a good game.

This leads to the next point point. 1.X-4.X(maybe 5.x forget if it changed then) had great game fundamentals that made Aion a PvPvE game not the current PvP/PvE game we currently have. Yes there is an astronomical difference between PvPvE and PvP/PvE. This fundamental that makes this possible was the CD system for instances.

• PvP/PvE games can still work if you take the entire world away currently that is 6.2s major issue from my perspective. You could put portals in a white room and the game would still currently function the same way it does with the world.
  • PvPvE games are designed in a manner that makes factions(or guilds) collide. It is crucial that a world stays as 1 and having a weekly CD for this does not allow this to happen. Having to run to an instance every day gives people the opportunity to set up traps and so on providing PvPvE through-out the night. Hiding instances behind powerful guards does not make for a good PvPvE game nor does having all your progression behind Instances make for a good PvPvE game which is what Aion always was.

I would hardly say i am new, I quit early 5.X(just after hitting 73) but played since 1.X. Came back when cruci spire was added in then quit again after 1 month of returning due to no one wanting to do anything because event rewards were so good that participating in game content was pointless. 6.2 has been an improvement on what i last experienced despite all its current major flaws.

Mobile gaming caused the issues with how the direction of Aion headed as with all other games being created recently. Early Access/Crowdfunding is the new plague we have to deal with in the gaming industry that has shown that you can make money with out producing an end product spending minimal amounts + adding paid dlc/cash shops to said unfinished products to get extra $'s out of people putting trust in these companies.

I am not wanting the old way of Aion to come back i just wished that Aion kept its daily instance cd style to improve open world rather then what we currently have.

Well, IMO, there were some nice things about 5.x

For example the fact that you could trade nearly everything. you could do the content you liked, as much as you wanted, and access whatever else you needed trhough the broker.

The real problem with 5.x was that it was a race for rewards at any costs(because theres no limit to enchanting) and also a GP farming race with no end, which was ridiculous, with a lot of p2w in the middle.

So, in the end, what people did, was sit in town, queue for instance,(which they would afk), and wait for the next event, where either they would abuse with p2w in the cash shop, or abuse with 600 accounts. 

I had a friend who did kumiki 20 times everysingle day for weeks!! Cmon, playing Aion can't be like that.

The golden age was the end of 3.x where you could gear up with crucible gear mithrill medals, and the 4.x before they released the tempering solutions. From the moment they released the tempering solution, the game started going downhill.

Aion 2.0 to 4.0 was the greatest times............not much to say(it was Perfect for me)9_9

Then comes Aion 5.X not so good but not so bad (this patch is perfect too, if they have balanced the p2w system)

And then 6.X come, at that time hitting to max level and reach end game, "I thought i was playing a mobile version of aion," (This patch feels like it isn't Aion anymore)

My friends and I even race to get to the max level in a few hours, but once we hit to the end, lol a lot of them suddenly stopped playing and switch back to Dota 2. For your information we've been playing and supporting this game since Aion 2.0.

On 27/12/2018 at 1:31 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

As a matter of fact I lost 15 friends now in 6.2. Those people were really playing in 5.8 and yes they would play mostly because of events. There were people that would do pvp and pve sideways to events. At least it kept the game alive. I agree events shouldn't substitute Aion (which is what happened in 5.8) but bad rewards in pve instances is what makes people avoid them. I have absolutely no reason to even do CoE, Mirash, FM and BoS at the moment, I am legendary geared already with plenty of enchants, these instances give me nothing and even if they did, this is pve oriented. If you ever get fully dressed in pve, then what are you going to do... keep doing pve instances for the 1000th time just to get more pve stuff? Good thing they separated pve from pvp but at this way they made pve totally useless.

Also right now we have nothing to do, everything ends the first 1~2 days at max.

The game is empty now and with the lack of events, there is literally NOTHING to do.

And a last thing, what made Aion good in 5.8 is that you didn't have to do everything, you could do whatever made you happy and you could still do your end game things eventually. When things were untradeable you had to have a static EB alliance to get dressed, if you didn't, the game was over for you. when the game became fully free, with everythign tradeable, you could even dress your char with end game gear (75a2, not the 80a2 obviously) by doing morphing, crafting and selling potions. If someone enjoys the game like this, who are you to tell them to stop playing this way. But this is exaccty what happened in 6.2

They pushed everyone to have one single gaming style again, that didn't make Aion better, it made people simply quit it. the biggest problem is that we were given the freedom of 5.8, we loved it and now they took it away, if they make a game so free in game play and then make it have less freedom then this is not going to revive it but make people wish they didn't make the changes. Any decision they might take now, will only hurt the game, there is nothing taking us in pre 6.2 days, we played that, we loved it and now anything else will be worse for sure.

I was actually thinking exactly this tonight -- there's just nothing to do.  All my instances are on cooldown ... 

Changing dailies into weeklies allows people to knock their stuff out in one day and then you don't see them for the rest of the week.  This goes for instance cooldowns as well as quests.  PvP still has dailies but those are very hard to finish when there's no one to actually fight, particularly on your own faction's half of the map.

The Arenas might be a good spot for some action when you look at that ranking system which appears to have Legendary/ultimate PvP stones up for grabs (i.e. a huge incentive) but it just..... doesn't work.

And when you speak about it in ingame channels people wants to kill you and rage against you and tell you to leave. I mean most of people left the game already, and they keep telling others to leave. Someone said above that aion has loyal players who keeps this game alive, the number of loyal players is reducing. I am sure there are less than 500 loyal players in each server, maybe half of them on each server and it used to be way more than that. That's true about pve dungeons, and also true about pvp. I dont feel anything in aion anymore. They just deleted so much of the game and brought us nothing back. you can only play the game like 1 day per week and once you've done everything you could during the week, since it is all limited entries, you wait for the next week to play again. So you only need to log on wednesdays to play the game. The game was awesome, because we were able to fly, now they destroyed reshanta and we have to wait for 1 siege to be able to use our flying skill. And they even deleted all flying skills boosts from all classes. The thing that makes us daevas is our wings and now we can't use it, just like normal humans :)

I too hate this patch.  There are no options.  Events are worthless if they are just a grind for a remote chance to get something you can't use. As soon as I can unload all my houses, I'm done.  Both my legions are empty..everyone quit.  I was the farmer/crafting for our legions and now I can't do that anymore.  No money to be made for low level toons.  and the LORE!!  OMG they jacked up the Lore.  I rolled a new toon just to see the changes.  I couldn't even get past level 10.  I quit reading the quests, because they just rambled on and made no sense whatsoever.  

Might just as well make me instant end game player.  I feel no need to slog through messed up quests on 10 alts and then get to end game to do nothing.  (not a pvper at all)

Unless they bring back other things to do in this game, I'm done for good.  And I'm sad about that because I loved this game, but this is the last straw!

RIP Aion!!!

Archived