Glad Dual, Pole or GS, which is with more dps

Hiolya-DN

But you can't use sword/shield with AoE skills 

You can. Not all of them, but you can. 

Since u said sword/shield works for glad what about single dagger on sin ? (max attack speed u know)

Not realy, with a single weapon, you don't have the pvp or pve damade of the second weapon or shield. Actually, if sins could use a shield, that would be ok, since the shield adds as much damage to stills as a second weapon. The only thing impaired would be your weave damage. 

Still got questions about templar sword/shield vs greatsword

There's one exclusive skill to GS called punishment which repeatable x2 and some point between now until 7.0 cd will reduced to 15 sec.
I tested damage with Apollo's greatsword and Laklum's greatsword and found out  with attack speed 19% it's bearable but without attack speed it's just extremely slow.
The damage is too rng a lot of times I got damage lower than bloodwind slash,I displeased it

I rarely care about templar's damage now because it's really low without buffs I'm at the point don't play my templar anymore.

Sorry I know it's off topic but since we're talking about weapons hope it still discuss able :P

I found something that I would like to share o_o

https://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/4358-pvp-attack-pve-attack/

According to this 1 pve = 1 damage more on mobs if 100 pve attack = 100 more damage on mobs.
I can't remember really but I think a dagger has about 73 pve attack so if I use one hand dagger on sin I'll lost 73 damage on every hit which could be a huge number because sin skills are very fast not considering HP physical attack or crit that I can lost on my second weapon but somehow I would like to test dps on dummy to see if my dps is higher or lower when I got very fast attack speed because of 1h dagger o_o

18 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

5 mins test.

dmg 6059527 dps 20541 for 2h

dmg 5865973  dps 20297 for 1h

2 hand wins :D

the difference  would be  much  higher if your weapons or shield in  the off hand were +15

On 03/01/2019 at 3:28 AM, Neleth-KT said:

Still got questions about templar sword/shield vs greatsword

There's one exclusive skill to GS called punishment which repeatable x2 and some point between now until 7.0 cd will reduced to 15 sec.
I tested damage with Apollo's greatsword and Laklum's greatsword and found out  with attack speed 19% it's bearable but without attack speed it's just extremely slow.
The damage is too rng a lot of times I got damage lower than bloodwind slash,I displeased it

I rarely care about templar's damage now because it's really low without buffs I'm at the point don't play my templar anymore.

Sorry I know it's off topic but since we're talking about weapons hope it still discuss able :P

IMO, templar should use almost exclusively  sword and shiled. there are some advantages to GS, like, you don't need to enchant both hands, and the fact  that you can have a weapon mixed with  pvp and pve damage if  you  are lazy and dont want to have pve weapon. But the  results would be not that good,  due to lower att speed and crit multiplier.

4 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

the difference  would be  much  higher if your weapons or shield in  the off hand were +15

IMO, templar should use almost exclusively  sword and shiled. there are some advantages to GS, like, you don't need to enchant both hands, and the fact  that you can have a weapon mixed with  pvp and pve damage if  you  are lazy and dont want to have pve weapon. But the  results would be not that good,  due to lower att speed and crit multiplier.

Thanks Matsu :)

I did test with one hand dagger with AoEs stigma equipped and found out I never run out of skills to spam.
However I doubt the purpose of this will able to wield shield is better to sacrifice AoEs and no HP regen from AoEs.

I mean sure I can be templar wannabe but what's the purpose ? o-o

Btw still got a bit question regarding dual wield

We got 5.8 weapon right and genesis weapon attack speed is really low 11% comparing to 5.8 19%
Now question is would it be better if we use genesis weapon in main hand and use 5.8 weapon off hand ?

Involving classes as sin,gunner,glad

On 3/1/2019 at 1:22 PM, Neleth-KT said:

5 mins test.

dmg 6059527 dps 20541 for 2h

dmg 5865973  dps 20297 for 1h

2 hand wins :D

Unless you have a higly plused master harvester weapon, don't bother with dual wield this patch.

I have tested every possible combination so far. Main hand 6.2 ulti dagger / off hand master harvester sword gives me the highest dps so far.

Generally if you compare dps using 6.2 gear, polearm will give you higher dmg. But dual wield with ulti dagger and master harvester sword will give you higher dmg than polearm.

What were you using on you dual wield while testing?

23 minutes ago, Gked-DN said:

Unless you have a higly plused master harvester weapon, don't bother with dual wield this patch.

I have tested every possible combination so far. Main hand 6.2 ulti dagger / off hand master harvester sword gives me the highest dps so far.

Generally if you compare dps using 6.2 gear, polearm will give you higher dmg. But dual wield with ulti dagger and master harvester sword will give you higher dmg than polearm.

It was genesis dagger/laklum dagger :)

I'm thinking to get another 5.8 dagger as a test but I guess it won't really matter since dps different is only slightly.

On 06/01/2019 at 0:53 AM, Gked-DN said:

Im using a Legendary Voidsoul dagger on main and a +15 Master Harvester Sword on the off hand full precision +12 (Glad) ... this combination worth more than a Legendary Voidsoul Pole until i get an Ultimate Dagger?

What about ur stigma build, can u send me a pic, please? Thx!

13 hours ago, Bjorn-DN said:

Im using a Legendary Voidsoul dagger on main and a +15 Master Harvester Sword on the off hand full precision +12 (Glad) ... this combination worth more than a Legendary Voidsoul Pole until i get an Ultimate Dagger?

What about ur stigma build, can u send me a pic, please? Thx!

Yes, that combination worths more than using a purple polearm. Ultimate dagger will definitely increase your overall dps.You can check it as well by trying different combinations.

Since i don't know how to post images here, i'm using sure strike, sharp strike, earthquake wave, lockdown (these are the stigmas i propose since the cd of ferocious and body smash chains has been reduced to 5 seconds), rest stigmas as per your own taste.

The only thing i can't tell for sure is, if polearm can give higher dps with low ping and legendary transformation, since i don't have neither low ping nor a purple contract.

People generally say that dual wield is not for this patch, but i'm stubborn>:(

28 minutes ago, Gked-DN said:

People generally say that dual wield is not for this patch, but i'm stubborn>:(

I hate the Polearm atk spd.. Im simply cant do decent dps with Pole + Fennec (130ms here). Thats why I insist using dual wield.

I have faced myself doing around 10m dmg on IDD and didnt be happy with that value (Comparing with gunner, sin or sorc/sm that usualy do more than 12m).. but im guess I cant do more than that with only Legendary gear (and 2 Ancient pieces hihi :x)

Well from what I understand from the video o_o

Weaving which is key point of the polearms over the greatswords is useless and everyone should just spam skills.
If we cutting weaving out of the picture,that leave attack speed 2.4 vs 2.8 which clearly greatsword wins

There's no reason to use polearms excepted you like polearm skins more.

10 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Weaving which is key point of the polearms over the greatswords is useless and everyone should just spam skills.
If we cutting weaving out of the picture,that leave attack speed 2.4 vs 2.8 which clearly greatsword wins

Well, a slightly better range as well. I dont know if crit multipliers still in use in this patch.

23 hours ago, Bjorn-DN said:

I hate the Polearm atk spd.. Im simply cant do decent dps with Pole + Fennec (130ms here). Thats why I insist using dual wield.

I have faced myself doing around 10m dmg on IDD and didnt be happy with that value (Comparing with gunner, sin or sorc/sm that usualy do more than 12m).. but im guess I cant do more than that with only Legendary gear (and 2 Ancient pieces hihi :x)

The overall dps will be higher when you get some ultimate pieces. Focus on retunes with high amounts of Physical Attack, Accuracy and Critical Strike.

9 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I agree on that. Weaving is useless with polearm/greatsword, especially with high ping.

Weaving on dual wield set though is still a must, despite what most people say.

10 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

This glad made this video about this. I havent seen so i cant comment, but this is supposedly a good Euro glad.

Low ping and legendary transformation. I can't tell till i test it... when and if i ever get a legendary transformation.

Archived