[Old Forums Archive] Inggison - Gelkmaros Forts

Bryos-DN

This is a repost of an old thread. Keeping it for posterity because I enjoyed reading it/writing in it, as small as it was. :P

Originally posted by: UncleMike

Usually, when NC made major update with the map, they give a campaign quest with a cinematic why they changed the map as the story behind like they did with upper abyss fortresses and abyss core. But in this patch, I don't find any new quest about the removal of Inggison - Gelkmaros fortresses. I only found a campaign quest in Sanctum and it didn't explain about what happened with those fortresses. Did I miss something?
Thanks in advance

Originally posted by: Ashstar

I did not see anything either to do with it. The forts are still there, just closed so you can't enter them so it makes me wonder if they plan on doing something with them again in the future.

Originally posted by: Alaskas

oh, so did they remove Esoterrace too?

Originally posted by: Urud

I didn't check in game yet, but according to the patch note:
17. Esoterrace can now be entered from Inggison Outpost and Gelkmaros Defense Base.
They also added 2 new quests for Eso. Good to see an awesome instance getting some attention.

Sad if they just closed the 4 fortresses, it would have been nice to let the players still enter, the same way you could (still can?) enter inside the Eye of reshanta in 5.1. It brings some good memory when you manage to access some old location.
But the trend is to remove more than adding lands.

Originally posted by: Bryos

- UncleMike Quote -

Thing is, this case is different. In 4.8, when they decided to remove Katalam and the Hearts, that was where the whole patch was centred around; the destruction of the four regions. In 4.9, with Roah, Asteria and Divine Fortresses gone, the whole point of the update was centred on the freezing of Reshanta. Then we have his case in 5.3, Gelkmaros and Inggison fortresses are removed. Unlike any others, this one was just a side change. 5.3 is more focused on the capital invasions.

Nonetheless, there is indeed an in-game introduction for this change, while small. If you talk to the NPCs right outside the fortresses, you will be informed how the retreating of the Balaur from these regions due to the internal fights (must be referring to Beritra army retreating, the resurging of Ereshkigal, etc) have allowed the factions to strengthen the way into the fortress. This was just a change we wanted, while the chaotic events from 4.8 and 4.9 were the Balaur's will.

- Urud Quote -

After they closed off the Eye of Reshanta in 4.9, you could still enter it. Thing is, that was never intended. You are not supposed to go through a barrier that kills you instantly and then see some random Balaur artifact commanders and glitched out textures inside the fortress. However, since there is no advantage or anything there, it has remained open.

We might eventually figure out a way into these fortresses, but it will be through glitching or mountain climbing. :P

i never ran Esoterrace on this server... but in dual client it's cool to explore it <3 
sorry for my English xD

Originally posted by: Nyali

I got a random question since I just read that the fortresses in Inggison and Gelk are closed. Where did all the NPCs go with all the recipes and crafting materials? I haven't got that far yet to explore, so I'll just ask in advance.

Originally posted by: Bryos

- Nyali Quote -

Master Carved stuff is now sold in Gelkmaros Fortress/Inggison Illusion Fortress by the material merchant there. Morph methods were moved to crafting sections of Pandaemonium/Sanctum.

it's sad however =(

Originally posted by: Nyali

- Bryos Quote -

Thankies for the quick reply~! Helps a lot. :3

...Yes, I like to store these mini threads, so what. >_>

Archived