Mobile? Seriously?

GenericUser7319

Cyan and Hime -

Are the developers for real?  MOBILE?  Why is NCSoft/NCWest launching a mobile application when 6.x is unsatisfactory?

We diehards are trying to save the AION - the online game.  This is the game we loved before the 6.x fiasco.  I want improvements to 6.x, before you divert resources to the mobile version.

The view from under the bus is not a good one.

The CMs aren't being paid to worry about which game gets development resources, it isn't their problem. They'll pass on your requests and it will get decided elsewhere. Maybe their voices have a little bit of weight. You can complain all you want, but it's your money that speaks louder forum posts. or petitions.

A game needs  to earn money to get support. If the mobile version makes money, it gets resources. If Aion doesn't make money, it either gets put into maintenance mode or more likely gets shut down. 

Mobile cash grab game, it's going to make a lot of money. Games like that are so cheap and easy to make, and it's perfect for your average Aion pay to win player. A mobile version of Aion will practically play itself. Just what they like. For hardcore gamers who enjoy an intense challenge but don't want to ruin their credit over a video game. Best to avoid anything coming from Korea. Mobile games are popular in the east, because people spend most of their day just traveling to and from work on transit systems. They really don't have time to play a Fully well made MMORPG where they have to grind for hours, days, weeks, months, everyday for 8 hours a day to get anywhere. So a mobile game where you can just buy your way to victory with real money is perfect for them. And in their logic, they will just think, " well, I work hard for my money, so I use it on a game, it's the same as if I sat there for 8 hours a day actually playing that game to get good. Just don't buy into it, let people do what makes them happy. I know people that spend all their extra money playing golf for fun. If they enjoy it, let them be. I for one do not enjoy it, so I simply won't play it.

Archived