Jump to content
HelliosRed-KT

Return wings and wing skins!!

Recommended Posts

It's so frustrating now to play a new character! They removed Huron selling wings, removed Edandos giving wings and speedy gear, can a new toon get any wings at all before level 70? You know, we need flight time for sprinting and gliding, not only for flying!! We need wing skins too! The number of wing skins so drastically reduced in the game, and on the BCM too! Why going from a richer content to a poorer content, I don't see any common sense in it, it's crazy like suicide! I don't imagine why any player could complain on presence of wing skins, why they removed them?! For example, I need some Despare or Abyssal wing appearance for my new toon, how could I get it? No way?? Any dark-purple and violet wing skins? I was so distressed when I came to Darina in Pernon and saw that "Crystal Visions" quest still exists and the seasonal Agrints exist but there's no Wingfeather Guestbloom in the reward!! WTF?? The reward is 10 Guest petals, it's a mockery, will anyone want to do this quest for such reward??

It's only good I was able to give Hyperion Archdaeva wings to a lowbie, with decreased stats, but it's not exactly the appearance that would fit him. What if you're a totally new player and don't have any premade tradeable wings on older toons? Nothing at all? I played a toon to lev 47 and he never got any wings in rewards for campaigns! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to see how the new leveling is, I started a new character. As I leveled, I did get a new pair of wings from a drop. Combat stats only, no increase in flight/glide time.

I agree, we do need wings with flight/glide time boosts as well as combat boosts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

You start getting wings, plumes, and bracelets around level 50 or 55.

From where, campaign rewards? So, characters don't have the right for appropriate appearance until level 50 or 55?? If I level a character in Luna (without campaigns) to level 53 or smth like that, they get no campaigns in Beluslan at all (I have some toons of lev 53, their campaign list starts from Gelkmaros.) Why the nyerk do they remove low level campaigns when a character's level grows?? They didn't do so before. Campaigns are not an obligation but must be a chance to enjoy, record video cut scenes, why do they deny us of this chance now? On earlier patches I often delayed doing campaigns until my characters got certain appearance, f.e. Norsvold Wings, and then recorded Showdown With Destiny campaign. It's bad to deny us of the chance to do campaigns of lower levels. Although... the cut scenes became so few, the campaigns so crippled, the content so poor, so maybe we shouldn't even hope to enjoy this game any more,  so not care about our appearance? :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soar on your own wings! Flight adds a new aspect to combat, quests, exploration, and harvesting.

NCS need to read their own hype, they have destroyed what made Aion unique back in the day - flight and character customisation (why customise when 90% of the time you now look like a cartoon anyway)

After 10 years I now find the game boring due to lack of content and angry because so many essential items are hidden behind a pay wall. 6.2 has killed the game for me and finally given me the incentive I needed to quit playing and look for something better, at least you can still fly anywhere on the map in 'Riders of Icarus' from a very low level and I can do it without looking like a penguin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

It's bad to deny us of the chance to do campaigns of lower levels.

 

17 hours ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

If I level a character in Luna (without campaigns) to level 53

What? lol

Look, I'm not disagreeing with you. I love skins too. I was only answering your question about when/if you get wings in lower levels lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

 

What? lol

Look, I'm not disagreeing with you. I love skins too. I was only answering your question about when/if you get wings in lower levels lol.

I don't know what causes your laugh. Luna has been the simplest leveling tool since it started. Thanks for your answers, but I did campaigns and most of blue quests on my new toon till lev 54 and he got no wings (skins) so far. Should I get them in quest rewards? No looted wings either. What appearance do they have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wings with appearance are very insufficient!  I need Vasharti Brigade General Wings!!! I see no way to get them now!! Please put them at least as a skin to inner shop or BCM!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a mistake on some characters when the patch 6.0 came and they got Lakrum wings without flight time plus lots of other gear without speeds and their inventories got busy, I threw some Lakrum wings away :( Now I see how it's good to enchant Lakrum wings - they get much flight time and flight speed! I so regret that I removed them :( Tried to buy some wings on the broker - Snappy Daru wings, but they turned out to be unenhanceable :( I used to buy other crafted wings before but only for skins so I never looked in their descriptions. Are there any enhanceable wings that can be brokered? Are there other simple ways to get enhanceable PVE wings in the game, for those who lost Lakrum wings? I just need flight speed and flight time. On this patch, it's impossible to get max flight speed (16) in fastest Archdaevic gear because there's no Raging Wind scrolls, so the addition of flight speed from enchanting new wings is very important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BlackTantra-KT said:

I made a mistake on some characters when the patch 6.0 came and they got Lakrum wings without flight time plus lots of other gear without speeds and their inventories got busy, I threw some Lakrum wings away :( Now I see how it's good to enchant Lakrum wings - they get much flight time and flight speed! I so regret that I removed them :( Tried to buy some wings on the broker - Snappy Daru wings, but they turned out to be unenhanceable :( I used to buy other crafted wings before but only for skins so I never looked in their descriptions. Are there any enhanceable wings that can be brokered? Are there other simple ways to get enhanceable PVE wings in the game, for those who lost Lakrum wings? I just need flight speed and flight time. On this patch, it's impossible to get max flight speed (16) in fastest Archdaevic gear because there's no Raging Wind scrolls, so the addition of flight speed from enchanting new wings is very important.

Those Lakrum wings are terrible. Don't be sorry that you threw them out. Any current patch pve wings will gain flight time and flight speed each time you enchant them, PLUS you can actually retune them with kinah to have more of those stats. My pve wings have 12 minutes of flight time for example. If you just want basic pve wings that you can retune to have flight time and flight speed, go into the 3-man instance called Frozen Monolith. Note, the loot you get from this boss is random, so it might take you a few runs to get the wings. You get two boxes of loot per run. This instance is very easy with 2 other people (many of us can solo it), so it's definitely doable. You get 4 FM runs per week or 5 if you have Prestige. So you will get 8 or 10 loot boxes in one week -- a pretty good chance to get the wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 10:47 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Those Lakrum wings are terrible. Don't be sorry that you threw them out. Any current patch pve wings will gain flight time and flight speed each time you enchant them, PLUS you can actually retune them with kinah to have more of those stats. My pve wings have 12 minutes of flight time for example. If you just want basic pve wings that you can retune to have flight time and flight speed, go into the 3-man instance called Frozen Monolith. Note, the loot you get from this boss is random, so it might take you a few runs to get the wings. You get two boxes of loot per run. This instance is very easy with 2 other people (many of us can solo it), so it's definitely doable. You get 4 FM runs per week or 5 if you have Prestige. So you will get 8 or 10 loot boxes in one week -- a pretty good chance to get the wings.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently doing quests of Vellbreakers for wings. They are not retunable? Very hard to enchant above 10 with purple stones or possible? I guess Ancient wings are best because they can be enchanted by Ancient stones to 10 and then (through lots of fails) by Legendary stones to 15. Fllight time and flight speed grow to the same values on any kinds of wings from enchantment, right? It used to be so hard to enchant Ancient wings from 10 to 15 on some characters with purple stones so I used red ones , if a character had, from 14 to 15. They are very rare. The recent event showed this, that gave purple stones for 7 days, very bad for enchanting from 10 to 15, and red boxes combined to red stones if you had a marathon staying online for them 5 days a week. It took much time and I ignored many toons, unfortunately, for the sake of some 2 to accumulate those red boxes. I had 4 on one of them and the event ended, it's so sad, lacking just 1 box to get a red stone :(  Is it possible to craft red enchantment stones any way? 

I also found in Aetherforging, skill level 80, quite good (enhanceble) wings of all grades from Ancient to Ultimate. Some main toons have the skill level 69 or 70 from Norsvold patch. How can I grow  their skill from that to 80? 

The wings you mentioned from Frozen Monolyth, which grade are they?  Retunable for kinah, how much kinah, how many times to try, is it occasional or you know which stat you are going to increase?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BlackTantra-KT said:

I'm currently doing quests of Vellbreakers for wings. They are not retunable?

No, they are not.

28 minutes ago, BlackTantra-KT said:

Very hard to enchant above 10 with purple stones or possible?

They have the same success rates as other purple gear. It is reasonable to go from +10 to +12 with gold stones. After that, I recommend purple stones until +13 or +14 (depending on how lucky you are). Then I recommend an ultimate stone to go from +14 to +15.

28 minutes ago, BlackTantra-KT said:

I guess Ancient wings are best because they can be enchanted by Ancient stones to 10 and then (through lots of fails) by Legendary stones to 15. Fllight time and flight speed grow to the same values on any kinds of wings from enchantment, right?

These purple Veilbreakers wings are no longer worth the grinding -- tbh, they never were, even back in 6.x. Only do it if you really like the skin. The ancient wings you get from FM are just as good AND they can be retuned.

28 minutes ago, BlackTantra-KT said:

Is it possible to craft red enchantment stones any way? 

Yes. You will need purple stones to do so. It is a morph recipe (shift + K) that we all have. You do not need to do anything special to get the morph recipe. You will need a few other crafting materials in addition to 5 purple enchantment stones; you can either grind out those mats yourself or buy them on the broker. Additionally, if you are in a legion which often conquers altars, you have chances for special NPCs to spawn at those altars. You can use stellium to buy ultimate enchantment stone tickets (70 stellium) which only use 5 purple enchant stones (and no other materials) to morph into ultimate stones.

28 minutes ago, BlackTantra-KT said:

I also found in Aetherforging, skill level 80, quite good (enhanceble) wings of all grades from Ancient to Ultimate. Some main toons have the skill level 69 or 70 from Norsvold patch. How can I grow  their skill from that to 80? 

Here is some commentary about current leveling of aetherforging:

On 6/2/2019 at 4:44 AM, Capa-KT said:

Ancient weapon codex -> proficiency 1 until 20, then switch to 20 until 40, then switch to 40 until 80, then switch again at 100 to legendary weapon codex until 120, 140, 180, then to ultimate at 200 until 220, 240 and 280 until 300. Obviously you can make accessory and armor codices instead, just make sure to stick to one type so you can use them for crafting/proc'ing later, instead of having to resell for lower than it cost to make them. Additionally, keep in mind that if you have the proper kibriums under hand, you can use the ancient codices right away at 100 (and the legendaries at 200 etc) so that you might have to buy a tiny bit less guiding stones for 100+/200+ (they tend to get a little more expensive during these crafting boost events).

With the current event, you'll need (very roughly) 1k ancient guiding stones, 2k legendary stones and 3k ultimate stones. Events that boost crafting or give out crafting charms are really nice to level up, particularly from 200 to 300, as you'll always craft way more ultimate codices than you'll need in the immediate future.

 

28 minutes ago, BlackTantra-KT said:

The wings you mentioned from Frozen Monolyth, which grade are they?  Retunable for kinah, how much kinah, how many times to try, is it occasional or you know which stat you are going to increase?

They are gold/ancient wings. They are retunable with kinah. I'm not logged in right now to check, but it's not a lot. Like maybe 50k-100k kinah per retune. You can try as many times as you want. Note, if you wait until next week (Dec 18th), we will have a special event NPC which gives you a buff that makes it only cost 1 single kinah to retune gear, no matter how many times you try! On ancient gear, you get two optional stats, and they are random. So when you retune, you will come up with 2 random stats. If you try again, it will be 2 stats again. Could be the same, could be different. You just have to keep retuning until you get the 2 you want. (Fyi, purple gear has 3 stats; ultimate gear has 4 stats.)

Edited by Vantheria-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! Where do I buy Ancient (or other) weapon codex?

Still, you say, it's possible to enchant Legendary gear with Ancient stones to 10-12 like Ancient gear?? Good to know. And morphing red stones it cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 11:37 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

These purple Veilbreakers wings are no longer worth the grinding -- tbh, they never were, even back in 6.x. Only do it if you really like the skin. The ancient wings you get from FM are just as good AND they can be retuned.

It's a pity. But they are not worse than Lakrum wings, purple stats are higher? My toons got like 70-80 wisdom coins already + there are quests from Archon for Cubics, beating the same mobs. Do you think Cubics are worth farming?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BlackTantra-KT said:

Where do I buy Ancient (or other) weapon codex?

You can craft them yourself via aetherforging or you can buy them on the broker sometimes. They're rarer on the broker these days because most people aren't crafting anymore. (Too costly.)

And no, the Veilbreakers wings are not worse than the Lakrum Protector. It's just not worth grinding out all those daily quests for them unless you really like the skin.

And yes, absolutely you need your cubics. The extra stats are very useful. Always always open those cubic bags until you finish your cubics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

You can craft them yourself via aetherforging or you can buy them on the broker sometimes. They're rarer on the broker these days because most people aren't crafting anymore. (Too costly.)

And no, the Veilbreakers wings are not worse than the Lakrum Protector. It's just not worth grinding out all those daily quests for them unless you really like the skin.

And yes, absolutely you need your cubics. The extra stats are very useful. Always always open those cubic bags until you finish your cubics.

1. On morphing Ultimate enchantment stones. I understood 1 material and bought it (farmed thing) but how to get the rest 2? 

x8EeFa9.png

There are 2 different things called Ultimate Alcemium, one is blue and crafted by Aetherforging from a red one on level 1, but the red one is crafted from 10 blue + more materials and on level 100, yXLyScV.png . It's a closed circle with very unequal amounts of material there and back, what's the sense of it? I guess the red round thing "ultimate alcemium" may be farmed from mobs and sold on the broker? But they are not on the broker now. A still stranger thing is Bobonerk's gem, cannot be brokered, I tried to find it at npcs selling crafting mats but didn't find. How to get it?

2. Regarding Aetherforging, I understood how the skill would grow from 60 by mats for feather accessory and made 33 times the operation, the skill grew very quickly to 78. Feather accessory would be useful for any old toons who got to level 80 quickly and are not given any campaigns in Enshar that give bracelets and plumes, and I did all Lakrum campaigns and quests on patch 6 and patch 7 (on diff toons)  - none got any plume or bracelet! Also, the campaigns on patch 7 don't give Lakrum Scout Wings that were quickly gotten on patch 6 near Ancient Temple of Wisdom (Asmo). Did they disappear?   

Edited by BlackTantra-KT
correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 11:58 PM, BlackTantra-KT said:

1. On morphing Ultimate enchantment stones. I understood 1 material and bought it (farmed thing) but how to get the rest 2? 

1. Bobonerk's Gems -- These are obtained by double-clicking something called Bobonerk's Coins. The coins are bought with (a small amount of) kinah from the Gold Sand Traders. They look like: icon_item_event_christmas_coin_01.png What occurs is when your bar has XP on it, you open one of these coins and it removes 20mil XP from your bar. In exchange, you get 1 Bobonerk's Gem. So make a habit of having some of these coins in your inventory and every time your bar fills up with XP, double-click a bunch of these coins. If you see people saying, "Just a minute, need to open some coins," this is to what they are referring.

2. Ultimate Alcemium -- You don't want to craft these. Why? Because they are freaking EVERYWHERE. The ones that look like icon_item_mix_crystal_01.png drop from the 5 world bosses. They spawn everyday. Seriously, I have 10k of these Ultimate Alcemium, and I stopped looting them from world bosses a few months ago. They're very common on the broker and cheap. Here's a screencap of them from DN-A's broker this morning:

d8pDQok.jpg

Now, once you have these red Ultimate Alcemium mats, you have to turn them into the blue-ish Ultimate Alcemium (red = 7.x, blue = 6.x). They are converted on a 1:1 ratio, and you don't need any other materials to convert them. So it's very easy. Once you have the red Ultimate Alcemium, open up aetherforging and find this recipe below and voila.

4wkAx7p.jpg

 

On 12/13/2019 at 11:58 PM, BlackTantra-KT said:

2. Regarding Aetherforging, I understood how the skill would grow from 60 by mats for feather accessory and made 33 times the operation, the skill grew very quickly to 78. Feather accessory would be useful for any old toons who got to level 80 quickly and are not given any campaigns in Enshar that give bracelets and plumes, and I did all Lakrum campaigns and quests on patch 6 and patch 7 (on diff toons)  - none got any plume or bracelet! Also, the campaigns on patch 7 don't give Lakrum Scout Wings that were quickly gotten on patch 6 near Ancient Temple of Wisdom (Asmo). Did they disappear?   

It's intended that you start doing FM at level 78 which gives pve plumes/bracelets/wings/armor. The Lakrum Scout (pvp) wings are obsolete because you can do like two camps in Lakrum and then go buy the ancient pvp wings with Genesis Crystals from the NPCs in Lakrum. Those wings are much better than the Lakrum Scout.

Edited by Vantheria-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 5:44 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

1. Bobonerk's Gems -- These are obtained by double-clicking something called Bobonerk's Coins. The coins are bought with (a small amount of) kinah from the Gold Sand Traders. They look like: icon_item_event_christmas_coin_01.png What occurs is when your bar has XP on it, you open one of these coins and it removes 20mil XP from your bar. In exchange, you get 1 Bobonerk's Gem. So make a habit of having some of these coins in your inventory and every time your bar fills up with XP, double-click a bunch of these coins. If you see people saying, "Just a minute, need to open some coins," this is to what they are referring.

2. Ultimate Alcemium -- You don't want to craft these. Why? Because they are freaking EVERYWHERE. The ones that look like icon_item_mix_crystal_01.png drop from the 5 world bosses. They spawn everyday. Seriously, I have 10k of these Ultimate Alcemium, and I stopped looting them from world bosses a few months ago. They're very common on the broker and cheap. Here's a screencap of them from DN-A's broker this morning:

d8pDQok.jpg

Now, once you have these red Ultimate Alcemium mats, you have to turn them into the blue-ish Ultimate Alcemium (red = 7.x, blue = 6.x). They are converted on a 1:1 ratio, and you don't need any other materials to convert them. So it's very easy. Once you have the red Ultimate Alcemium, open up aetherforging and find this recipe below and voila.

4wkAx7p.jpg

 

It's intended that you start doing FM at level 78 which gives pve plumes/bracelets/wings/armor. The Lakrum Scout (pvp) wings are obsolete because you can do like two camps in Lakrum and then go buy the ancient pvp wings with Genesis Crystals from the NPCs in Lakrum. Those wings are much better than the Lakrum Scout.

Hurray, I did found cheap red alcemium on the broker, and Bobonerk's gems as you say are very easy to obtain :) Just,Just get some more kinah and I'll morph some nyerking sweet Red enchantment stones!  where are Gold Sand Traders? :) However, When I farm many mobs in Lakrum, common mobs don't give any loot at all, only elite ones give  loot, mostly ancient alcemium, but I don't find any Guiding Stone. A year ago I did some quests/campaigns on other toons in Lakrum and they randomly got various Guiding stones. To where did these stones disappear??? I only see them on the broker. Are certain mobs needed to get the (ultimate) guiding stones now? On this character who needs red enchantment stones, I did most of the campaigns in Lakrum, with blue quests, then several times Cubic quests,  and got no guiding stones, why???    

To the 2nd part, sorry, what is FM? Frozen Monolyth? 

I so far prefer to work in the open world. "Do camps in Lakrum" - what is it? capture bases? It's very difficult. There are many mobs + Elyos always one-sgot my toons when they are near a base trying to capture it, I stopped trying. It was much easier in the Abyss on 5.x patches to capture bases and do pvp. I miss thoe times. But genesis crystals - I do have on those toons that do Veilbreaker's+Cubic quests. If I get into a base when it's ours, can I buy good stuff with genesis crystals? 

Edited by BlackTantra-KT
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The ones that look like  drop from the 5 world bosses. They spawn everyday"  What are these?  Where is any quest for them? (I didn't see such quests).

Quests only led me to common and elite mobs. Are those mobs ultimate? Then, how do I gather or join a group/alliance to beat those mobs? I used to see some ultimate mobs (Elyos guards?) but no quest  marks on them.  I seem to have taken all available quests in Lakrum. So I wonder why they aren't quested.

Edited by BlackTantra-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 2:45 PM, BlackTantra-KT said:

where are Gold Sand Traders?

GST is a gold shugo icon on the right side of your skill bars, right above the blue menu arrow.

On 12/28/2019 at 2:45 PM, BlackTantra-KT said:

but I don't find any Guiding Stone.

Guiding stones are an old material. They are no longer farmable. You can only buy them on the broker from people who still have them or morph them via the Aetherforging recipes I discussed above.

On 12/28/2019 at 2:45 PM, BlackTantra-KT said:

I so far prefer to work in the open world. "Do camps in Lakrum" - what is it? capture bases? It's very difficult. 

I mean the artifact camps around Lakrum. They shouldn't be hard. They're very doable with no gear. Yes, the opposite faction may be around, but that's just how the game is designed.

 

On 12/28/2019 at 2:54 PM, BlackTantra-KT said:

"The ones that look like  drop from the 5 world bosses. They spawn everyday"  What are these?  Where is any quest for them? (I didn't see such quests).

No. These bosses are only killable with an alliance. With 24 people, they'll take 20-45 minutes to kill, depending how geared the people are. There's also a risk of pvp as they are accessible to both factions. Also, they are in Demaha, not Lakrum. Well, 4 of them are in Demaha. Anomos is one and he spawns in Lakrum, but he's a little different. He spawns every other day, not every day, and he dies much much faster than the ones in Demaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought Ancient Herald Mystic Wings (pvp) for Genesis crystals in the Temple of Wisdom, didn't have to go a to base (like omeone recommended?) Once been in a base captured by our race (Asmo) trying to find an npc selling stuff for genesis crystals but there was nothing, only General Goods and such kind of stuff. They also gave quests to earn genesis crystals. But I earned a lot of them on Cubic quests given by an Archon in the North. There happened to be many Elyos around one-shotting us, but still easier to find  a moment to avoid them than to capture a base. These pvp wings are tunable. My man tuned his to flight time +221, but I tried more times and got sometimes 201, 209, 203 and still never 221, why is it so? He is Songweaver, I am Chanter. He started tuning when there was no enchantment, I enchanted to 2 and then realized that I should retune first. Does enchantment have any influence on how tuning goes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MetaBlack-KT said:

My man tuned his to flight time +221, but I tried more times and got sometimes 201, 209, 203 and still never 221, why is it so? 

Retunes are random. You could go higher or lower.

25 minutes ago, MetaBlack-KT said:

 I enchanted to 2 and then realized that I should retune first. Does enchantment have any influence on how tuning goes? 

No, it has no influence, so it doesn't matter if yours was already +2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×