Aion Needs More Events

GenericUser24594

Does Aion need weekend/weekly events?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Does Aion need more frequent events to retain a larger player base such as weekend and weekly events?

• Yes
    • No

More events are desperately needed. Weekend events or even weekly events. With all the new content coming, which could be this summer or even later, people are growing increasingly bored with the lack of content. With more and more people quitting the game everyday it feels as if even PVP content cannot hold the attention of the daily players. 

If The developers think that Aion mobile will be the great awakening for aion, they better hope that its a very good mobile and not another "lineage" rework. Gotta love the auto-pathing afk time wasters that throw pop-up cash offers in your face.

Even if there will be more events its kinda late, tough its same as always for NA (remember 2 years late server merge and many other critic changes/fixes). If compare to 6.2 start then 2/3 players already left.

As about "AION mobile" no idea why all of ppl try to link it to AION at all when its game made for every phone user around the world and who never heard about AION before. Looks like it will be pretty similar to every MOBILE game.

No it doesn't. If the game didn't have any stupid mechanics like doing end game instances to roll on 1-2 enchanting stones, low enchantment rate on beginner items, items failing to 0 if enchanting failed, like stigmas, accessories in 5.8 etc. 

Then there are pvp events, where some people never got a sunayaka kill in the 4 weeks the event went?, 0 king shugo kills and even Anomos, where its favored to one side. 

It would be nice to have more frequent events with nice rewards to tempt people to play more or return, but events can't be our main source of things that we need to progress in the game. They aren't The Answer to all that is wrong with Aion.

We need the things Cyan promised us. We need improved enchanting rates and greater access to being able to earn enchantment stones of all levels.

I don't want Aion to become EventsOnline(tm) again, but it would be nice to see more events with decent rewards (like...not ancient enchantment stones or freaking berdin's stars what the actual truck). Or crafting boost events and things of that like.

But definitely more PvP enchant stones.

(with better rates because, seriously, what the hell)

3 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

we
need
pvp
enchantment
stones
in
events
yes and please thanks

Strongly disagree pvp stones should come from pvp not events what they could do though is change the rates on how often we get those rather than put them in event that would be quite a bit more rewarding.

3 hours ago, Woo-DN said:

Strongly disagree pvp stones should come from pvp not events what they could do though is change the rates on how often we get those rather than put them in event that would be quite a bit more rewarding.

I vote for pvp events giving legendary/ultimate pvp stones and decent enchant rates.
And dredge/id/evergale should give more legendary stones than ancient ones. 

I voted yes, events were what kept people from leaving in 5.8 altogether. We do not want Aion to be event driven? then what drives Aion now? Is it the pve instances that are useless after you did them for 100 times? Is it the non existent pvp or the rewards for it?

How about they make another type of events, more pvp driven, like capture bases, or kill enemies and actually earn something, or... ok let me shut up, these people cannot change some basic enchant rates from nerfed to normal, they ask for allowance from NC korea or something to do so and there we are asking for events that take elaborate coding.

At best they could implement events the original developers already implemented in the original servers, asking for "special" events for us is like asking them to revive aion.

16 hours ago, Woo-DN said:

Hey I'd love that even more than events, but considering the devs here can't even do something as simple as put shards back to the price that is in the original client files, I doubt they can increase our legendary and ultimate pvp stone drop rate from pvp instances to something that's acceptable. Rather start simple and have them in events.

"This is deliberate – with the release of the new content, we wanted to ensure players are able to spend time engaging with the core of Aion’s gameplay instead of hopping from event to event. We think this slower event schedule will help boost the appeal of the core content of the game – with the brand new content introduced in the Aion: Awakened Legacy update, we want to make sure our events enhance the core game, not replace it." - From the producer's letter.

So nope, we are not supposed to have lots of events during this patch, and where i strongly believe this is a good idea, cuz basically everything else dies during these events where you have to grind a lot, basically what's killing the game is enchantment rates and lack of content, but especially enchantment rates. We desperately need them to give us the buffed enchantment rates Korean servers got during 6.5 patches, but are they gonna do it before servers die until next patch? i don't really think so lol with holidays and the usual lack of commitment towards our game community, i highly doubt they are gonna try to rush and fix anything. /shrugs

Archived