Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chashu-KT

Ranger 6.2 PVE DPS Rotation & Stigma Video

Recommended Posts

I made a video giving a basic break down on Stigmas I use for end game PVE instances.  I also provided a demonstration of my typical starting DPS rotation.  The general idea is to weave (auto attack cancel) after every two damage skills while under the effects of focused shots.  The pattern is typically auto attack, skill skill, auto attack, skill skill, auto attack, skill, refresh focused shots and repeat. Don't take these rotations as the absolute definitive way to DPS.  The purpose is to pave the way for anyone who is interested on improving.  I am showing what generally works for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this helped me a lot with my ranger, but i have some question about your rotation,

  • Is it the most optimal one to use or do you believe that there could be variations about it?
  • Do you think that using custom skill chains could help with the order of the skills?
  • Do you believe that using a hybrid transformation yields more dps output than a regular AS on?
  • How about trying with a pure casting one or is too much of a loss of stats to be considered?
  • If we don't have the daevanions, you think that affect us a lot or its more annoying than anything?.

I'm sorry I know there are many questions but your guide is quite useful, i just have those questions about it, hope you can shed some light on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CosmoSkyMaster-KT said:

this helped me a lot with my ranger

I'm glad it has helped.

On 1/12/2019 at 1:09 AM, CosmoSkyMaster-KT said:

Is it the most optimal one to use or do you believe that there could be variations about it?

I don't believe it is the most optimal.  Its what I typically start my rotation with. After that I always try to weaving > skill, skill.  I'm starting to use lethal arrow first in my rotation instead of stunning shot.  Yes there are variations. 

 

On 1/12/2019 at 1:09 AM, CosmoSkyMaster-KT said:

Do you think that using custom skill chains could help with the order of the skills?

It doesn't hurt to try. If it works for you go for it.

On 1/12/2019 at 1:09 AM, CosmoSkyMaster-KT said:

How about trying with a pure casting one or is too much of a loss of stats to be considered?

Some rangers have done this before.  They used candy, title, and cloth gloves with casting speed bonus.  They would spam 5 skills and recast focused shots and repeat.  I wouldn't want to lose physical attack, crit strike or accuracy to recast focused shots a tiny bit faster. 

 

On 1/12/2019 at 1:09 AM, CosmoSkyMaster-KT said:

If we don't have the daevanions, you think that affect us a lot or its more annoying than anything?.

I'm sorry I know there are many questions but your guide is quite useful, i just have those questions about it, hope you can shed some light on them.

Your damage output increases by having them so yes it does affect us.  Annoying only because they take time to get and RNG.

No problem.  Again don't take these rotations as the absolute definitive way a ranger should DPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question about 6.5 will u replace explosive arrow with sharpen arrow ?

Because u know they will adding a lot of benefits from other buffs to sharpen arrow :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I have a question about 6.5 will u replace explosive arrow with sharpen arrow ?

Because u know they will adding a lot of benefits from other buffs to sharpen arrow :/

I am not sure yet.  Depends on what the additional benefits are.  I'll definitely use it again and see what my damage is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chashu-KT said:

I am not sure yet.  Depends on what the additional benefits are.  I'll definitely use it again and see what my damage is.

You can see they buffed explosive arrow.
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/1117
Sharpen arrow will add physical attack buff 500 and crit 500
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/1126
Gale arrow stays same
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/1052
Agonizing Arrow will do highest dmg
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Skill/812

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep that's what I'm thinking is I might take  gale arrow out for sharpen arrow I tried to weave but my ping can't do it effectively.(I'll rethink for a sin later)
I know gale arrow is important for weaving but since I don't weave I see one less point to have it o_o

Or I just might weave only devotion era I dunno xD I haven't tested :P

Edited by Neleth-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×