Why... Why mess up templars...>.>

Acheillies-KT

22 hours ago, Konkers-EK said:

Honestly I've player from 3.x up to 4.x, and yes, I agree that they were OP even tho it was every 10mins mostly because of CDs. But instead of balancing templars for this meta (HP is much higher now), they nerfed it hardly.

In a group sense it was the 10m CD's for sure, Iron Skin and EP were hugely invaluable beside BG (EP obviously wasn't there for a while).

But let's be real, it's always been the Templar's ability to do damage or utilize an offensive lockdown that's what made them broken. Even when MR got nuked, we were not much less powerful because we could still do what we did best, pull someone and kill them in a single lock if a little luck was on our side, more often than not it worked.

7 hours ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

In a group sense it was the 10m CD's for sure, Iron Skin and EP were hugely invaluable beside BG (EP obviously wasn't there for a while).

But let's be real, it's always been the Templar's ability to do damage or utilize an offensive lockdown that's what made them broken. Even when MR got nuked, we were not much less powerful because we could still do what we did best, pull someone and kill them in a single lock if a little luck was on our side, more often than not it worked.

Are you still playing Templar as your main?

Your thoughts on the class right now if compared to Gladiators. And what gear you wearing. Would appreciate the infos.

This game is PVPVE, not only PVP... Templars are STRONGLY nerfed for PVE on this update. And this update is about DOING DPS since NO INSTANCE actually need a tank. A Sorc can tank, a gunner can tank.. every shit can tank. Templar's can tank due his high defense, but he CANT HOLD THE DAMN AGGRO without dps.

Theres only two ways for a Templar to do the endgame on this patch:

1 - Be carried by friends on PF/IDD
2 - Be carried by exchanged Ultimate gear from 5.8 due the OP stats

It used to be templars could use taunts and emnity to hold agro of the bosses and it was allot easier for the squishier dps classes to do their jobs. Now? The templars are only there for looks because they loose agro so fast and can't do as much damage to keep agro. Fix it so they can hold the agro and hit a bit harder and it shouldn't be that big a problem. I'm not saying they need to be op but at least give them something!

3 minutes ago, Maricara-KT said:

It used to be templars could use taunts and emnity to hold agro of the bosses and it was allot easier for the squishier dps classes to do their jobs. Now? The templars are only there for looks because they loose agro so fast and can't do as much damage to keep agro. Fix it so they can hold the agro and hit a bit harder and it shouldn't be that big a problem. I'm not saying they need to be op but at least give them something!

Templars get a lil better in 6.5 and a lot better in 7.0 for PVE. DPS increases a little too, but IDK if it's that much. Fact is that everyone has a lot of HP, and everyone can tank because of that. 

To fix it they would have to increase damage dealt by bosses' normal attacks (not the AOE ones, or else everyone dies) and give TEMPLARS ONLY PVE atk and def buffs (which they do in 7.0). Gladiators get a little of PVE atk/def, but not even close to what Templars get in 7.0. That's 7 months away at least tho...

PVE is not really my thing. I do it because it's mandatory, or else I'd skip PVE entirely. Give me a way to get PVP gear by doing arenas only and you will never see me PVE. =(

2 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

Templars get a lil better in 6.5 and a lot better in 7.0 for PVE. DPS increases a little too, but IDK if it's that much. Fact is that everyone has a lot of HP, and everyone can tank because of that. 

To fix it they would have to increase damage dealt by bosses' normal attacks (not the AOE ones, or else everyone dies) and give TEMPLARS ONLY PVE atk and def buffs (which they do in 7.0). Gladiators get a little of PVE atk/def, but not even close to what Templars get in 7.0. That's 7 months away at least tho...

PVE is not really my thing. I do it because it's mandatory, or else I'd skip PVE entirely. Give me a way to get PVP gear by doing arenas only and you will never see me PVE. =(

I don't mind doing camps to get my pvp gear. It's been that way since I first started playing Aion years ago. As for the killing regular mobs for the crystals? That's taking it a bit far into pve in my eyes.

Here's a spreadsheet comparing Templar (and other classes) attack skills damage between 6.2 and 6.5 (overseas skill balance minipatch)

Summary:

Templars got damage of two-thirds of their attack skills buffed by 40%.

Which is everything except the following:

• Aether Leash / Capture
  • Divine Grasp
  • Divine Justice
  • Entangling Chains / Swift Divine Grasp
  • Punishing Wave
  • Siegebreaker
  • Swinging Shield Counter
  • Magic Smash
  • Bloodwind Slash / Bloodstorm Blow
  • Face Smash
  • Ensnaring Blow
  • Shield Shock

21 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Here's a spreadsheet comparing Templar (and other classes) attack skills damage between 6.2 and 6.5 (overseas skill balance minipatch)

Summary:

• Aether Leash / Capture
  • Divine Grasp
  • Divine Justice
  • Punishing Wave
  • Siegebreaker
  • Magic Smash
  • Face Smash
  • Ensnaring Blow
  • Shield Shock

Look at that boost on sins :o

Even with the 6.5 buffs, templar will be nowhere close to other classes without the 6.5 bloodwind slash, ultimate reds, and the generous base auto dmg scaling we had in 5.x. The damage increases in 6.5 are a bandaid solution that "works" in the East only; they have a much better time in their gear progression than NA. Even then, templar is still suboptimal in class strength.

Most templars in NA will never reach anything close to a real endgame set- doesn't matter pve or pvp. Play classes that scale with very little gear like ranger, cloths, or chains if you don't plan to spend well over 1k USD on the game to get anywhere. Gear deprivation from our lack of manastones for physicals doesn't help either if you plan to spend a lot.

Play another class if you want to really get anywhere.

Bloodwind Slash / Bloodstorm Blow doesn't get any damage buffs in 6.5. And it still have 45% PvP damage ratio since 5.5. Its multicast was reduced from 3 times to 2 times in 6.0.

In the old 5.x days the way to get high damage was a massively overenchanted weapon AND armor, and lots of high level HSTR (high daeva Power) manastones giving huge amounts of Weapon Attack, and crit strikes needing only 10 points to raise crit rate by 1%. This made base damage attack skills (which was like green +weapon attack) sorta irrelevant.

Starting with 6.0 Refly, skill damage are calculated using base skill damage only, without factoring in weapon attack. This makes skill balancing possible in the future.

There was never any skill balance work being done before 6.0.

When discussing skill balance, comparsion must assume both sides have the same gear.

On 22/01/2019 at 3:41 PM, 2s30B77F-DN said:

I actually reinstalled and made a new Templar last night. 

Why?

I have no bloody idea.

I had the sme brilliant idea. I LOVE the class and the playstyle, but the damage is making me rage a little. I love to pull people to death, but I can't kill them if I'm solo basically. Most times I can run away just fine, but that's not exactly why I engage PVP, rofl. I'm not asking for the OPNESS that templars were back in 4.x (I haven't played 5.x), but we do need some love. I'd like to continue playing my templar, but I'm not sure I'll have as much fun as I did back on 4.x.

On 29/01/2019 at 1:13 AM, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Summary:

• Aether Leash / Capture
  • Divine Grasp
  • Divine Justice
  • Punishing Wave
  • Siegebreaker
  • Magic Smash
  • Face Smash
  • Ensnaring Blow
  • Shield Shock

That's good and all. OH WAIT, look at Gladiators! They are buffing Glads yet again. WTF??????? They want everyone to play Glad. There is no other explanation. They gave even a pull to Glads. It's depressing.

7 hours ago, Anjo-KT said:

Even with the 6.5 buffs, templar will be nowhere close to other classes without the 6.5 bloodwind slash, ultimate reds, and the generous base auto dmg scaling we had in 5.x. The damage increases in 6.5 are a bandaid solution that "works" in the East only; they have a much better time in their gear progression than NA. Even then, templar is still suboptimal in class strength.

Most templars in NA will never reach anything close to a real endgame set- doesn't matter pve or pvp. Play classes that scale with very little gear like ranger, cloths, or chains if you don't plan to spend well over 1k USD on the game to get anywhere. Gear deprivation from our lack of manastones for physicals doesn't help either if you plan to spend a lot.

Play another class if you want to really get anywhere.

For PVP it will take the same time as others. You mean for PVE gear? I should have no problems with that as I play with friends. My main concern is the very low damage we deal vs no real defense in PVP. Gladiators have more heal/drain skills than we do. We do have a few 50% dmg reduction skills, but that wont help if we cant deal damage to kill our opponents.

1 hour ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Bloodwind Slash / Bloodstorm Blow doesn't get any damage buffs in 6.5. And it still have 45% PvP damage ratio since 5.5. Its multicast was reduced from 3 times to 2 times in 6.0.

In the old 5.x days the way to get high damage was a massively overenchanted weapon AND armor, and lots of high level HSTR (high daeva Power) manastones giving huge amounts of Weapon Attack, and crit strikes needing only 10 points to raise crit rate by 1%. This made base damage attack skills (which was like green +weapon attack) sorta irrelevant.

Starting with 6.0 Refly, skill damage are calculated using base skill damage only, without factoring in weapon attack. This makes skill balancing possible in the future.

There was never any skill balance work being done before 6.0.

When discussing skill balance, comparsion must assume both sides have the same gear.

Well. It doesn't looks like they are interested in balance if they buff gladiator's damage in pretty much every patch.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IDK. Almost 3 months in and I have total 3 classes at 80, all of them half-geared (no ultimates yet), and I still don't know what to play. Other than Templar I also like Gladiator (but I play with 200ms latency so it's hard to catch people) and Ranger (like it a lot actually, but not more than playing Templar). I have 2 more alts at 80 just to farm kinah (Bard and Assassin) and I'm planning on leveling a Cleric which will always be needed in any kind of content basically. I think I might enjoy playing cleric, although I have never played any cast class.

I want to be a Templar, but I want to feel like I'm also contributing even though my friends would carry me.

A gladiator is easily shut down by most classes if they dont have cleanse or back up from other classes. Templars have pulls, shield stances and other stuff that males puts him on a different level. If you think about it, a pull for a melee is the equivalent Of a fear to a magical class. Imagine a gunner with fear. Thats basically what a templar was all the way from 3.0 when they started giving him more and more pulls. A gladiator with similar dps, more defense, and pulls to boot. Something had to be nerfed. I dont know if they had dosed it properly.

You cant look at popularity, because glads Always gonna be more popular, even if general perception says they are weaker. Just like sorcs are more popular than sms. 

1 hour ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

you were never alive. always dead inside.

-aftershock

hey,  its afterbad back again.

23 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

A gladiator is easily shut down by most classes if they dont have cleanse or back up from other classes. Templars have pulls, shield stances and other stuff that males puts him on a different level. If you think about it, a pull for a melee is the equivalent Of a fear to a magical class. Imagine a gunner with fear. Thats basically what a templar was all the way from 3.0 when they started giving him more and more pulls. A gladiator with similar dps, more defense, and pulls to boot. Something had to be nerfed. I dont know if they had dosed it properly.

You cant look at popularity, because glads Always gonna be more popular, even if general perception says they are weaker. Just like sorcs are more popular than sms. 

hey,  its afterbad back again.

Lol, kind of. I pop in two or three times a week for a couple hours just to farm my enchants and burn my FM's until I get my acc up for PF. Mostly playin' Overwatch :).

I miss Templar, but to be quite honest I prefer this. It's a more fun play-style who anyone would love but everyone seems to think is just smashing keys..... def not the case. Glads are popular but they're popular for a reason; you don't have to play like an (insert expletive) to win but they are still engaging, more engaging than one might anticipate, and have a utility set that can mirror a Templar's in terms of strength.. You just have to close the gaps physically yourself :). I have always enjoyed Temp Vs Glad, now I've gotten to do it from both sides.

Excited to see some of the changes coming to both classes, but Glad def seems to be getting some love.

• 3 weeks later...

After playing Templar for a few weeks now, I think the class is pretty fun despite its nerfs. A small review:

- Losing the remove shock heal and the full heal dp is a HUGE nerf by itself.

- Greatswords pretty much lost its purpose of existing, except for you to switch and use exclusive skills, and then switch back to sword and shield. Perhaps if you have ultimate transform that changes, but I doubt.

- Making blood pact an AoE skill was pretty cool.

- Daevanion skills seem OP, but couldn't get any yet.

Archived