Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Acheillies-KT

Why... Why mess up templars...>.>

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Konkers-EK said:

 

Honestly I've player from 3.x up to 4.x, and yes, I agree that they were OP even tho it was every 10mins mostly because of CDs. But instead of balancing templars for this meta (HP is much higher now), they nerfed it hardly.

 

In a group sense it was the 10m CD's for sure, Iron Skin and EP were hugely invaluable beside BG (EP obviously wasn't there for a while).

But let's be real, it's always been the Templar's ability to do damage or utilize an offensive lockdown that's what made them broken. Even when MR got nuked, we were not much less powerful because we could still do what we did best, pull someone and kill them in a single lock if a little luck was on our side, more often than not it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

In a group sense it was the 10m CD's for sure, Iron Skin and EP were hugely invaluable beside BG (EP obviously wasn't there for a while).

But let's be real, it's always been the Templar's ability to do damage or utilize an offensive lockdown that's what made them broken. Even when MR got nuked, we were not much less powerful because we could still do what we did best, pull someone and kill them in a single lock if a little luck was on our side, more often than not it worked.

Are you still playing Templar as your main?

Your thoughts on the class right now if compared to Gladiators. And what gear you wearing. Would appreciate the infos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bjorn-DN   

This game is PVPVE, not only PVP... Templars are STRONGLY nerfed for PVE on this update. And this update is about DOING DPS since NO INSTANCE actually need a tank. A Sorc can tank, a gunner can tank.. every shit can tank. Templar's can tank due his high defense, but he CANT HOLD THE DAMN AGGRO without dps.

Theres only two ways for a Templar to do the endgame on this patch:

1 - Be carried by friends on PF/IDD
2 - Be carried by exchanged Ultimate gear from 5.8 due the OP stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It used to be templars could use taunts and emnity to hold agro of the bosses and it was allot easier for the squishier dps classes to do their jobs. Now? The templars are only there for looks because they loose agro so fast and can't do as much damage to keep agro. Fix it so they can hold the agro and hit a bit harder and it shouldn't be that big a problem. I'm not saying they need to be op but at least give them something!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maricara-KT said:

It used to be templars could use taunts and emnity to hold agro of the bosses and it was allot easier for the squishier dps classes to do their jobs. Now? The templars are only there for looks because they loose agro so fast and can't do as much damage to keep agro. Fix it so they can hold the agro and hit a bit harder and it shouldn't be that big a problem. I'm not saying they need to be op but at least give them something!

Templars get a lil better in 6.5 and a lot better in 7.0 for PVE. DPS increases a little too, but IDK if it's that much. Fact is that everyone has a lot of HP, and everyone can tank because of that. 

To fix it they would have to increase damage dealt by bosses' normal attacks (not the AOE ones, or else everyone dies) and give TEMPLARS ONLY PVE atk and def buffs (which they do in 7.0). Gladiators get a little of PVE atk/def, but not even close to what Templars get in 7.0. That's 7 months away at least tho...

PVE is not really my thing. I do it because it's mandatory, or else I'd skip PVE entirely. Give me a way to get PVP gear by doing arenas only and you will never see me PVE. =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

Templars get a lil better in 6.5 and a lot better in 7.0 for PVE. DPS increases a little too, but IDK if it's that much. Fact is that everyone has a lot of HP, and everyone can tank because of that. 

To fix it they would have to increase damage dealt by bosses' normal attacks (not the AOE ones, or else everyone dies) and give TEMPLARS ONLY PVE atk and def buffs (which they do in 7.0). Gladiators get a little of PVE atk/def, but not even close to what Templars get in 7.0. That's 7 months away at least tho...

PVE is not really my thing. I do it because it's mandatory, or else I'd skip PVE entirely. Give me a way to get PVP gear by doing arenas only and you will never see me PVE. =(

I don't mind doing camps to get my pvp gear. It's been that way since I first started playing Aion years ago. As for the killing regular mobs for the crystals? That's taking it a bit far into pve in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2019 at 1:21 AM, Matsukamy-KT said:

It turns out it was sijon, not rhrnjs. But you get the point.

That was a pretty good fight. IDK. Overall seems not as good as other classes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to make a new toon because farming with my (ex-main) templar was impossible.... I made no dmg at all! Other players suggested me to switch class and try something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×