Server Merge

SuyjiX-KT

Hi Ncsoft, this game is dying and there is literally no players to play with anymore. Yesterday the elyos side on EK had 32 players.

What are you waiting for to merge all 3 servers together and make this game a bit more fun by having all aion players play together. Having multiple servers right now is just making people quit because servers look dead.

EK is ready for transfers, gear advantage can be taken care of with events.

Save this game or there will be nothing left by the time you realize its time to merge, just like when you decided to fix the rates, most people had already quit.

@OP That's video games for ya!  They come. They play 20 hours a day.  They get some gear. They leave until the next patch. 

Unfortunately a merge is disastrous when everyone comes back for 6.5 and you can't kill a quest mob without 20 people standing on top of you. Then everyone fills the forums with posts about how they can't even complete a quest. lol 

Just now, Telamos-DN said:

Should have never created a new server in the first place.

Agreed, also it was last day decision! Hime, herself denied that we would get a new server but when the patch notes got released only then everyone found out! tsk tsk NCsoft ¬¬

The people on EK don't want a server merge, or they simply wouldn't have rolled toons there in the first place!

EK largely avoids the world PvP imbalance garbage created by the compensation rewards from 5.8, and that's important.

1 hour ago, Cyfur-EK said:

The people on EK don't want a server merge, or they simply wouldn't have rolled toons there in the first place!

EK largely avoids the world PvP imbalance garbage created by the compensation rewards from 5.8, and that's important.

Yay!

Then that's settled.

@Cyan EK doesn't want a merge!

Merge, in a game were the end game is one shared map infested with bots? Nah, whoever quit his original chars to play on EK got played, the same way you quit years of game play to start fresh, the same way you should simply come back and start in KT/DN.

Leaving from EK is not like you will lose years of game play, just 3 months or something.

Lol just remake a toon and play 3 months? New server was to allow old players to come back and not get farmed by players who had been playing all 5.0-5.8

What about the EK players who have +9 stigmas and spent a good amount of money? The server was fun when it started, the players deserve to be merged now that most players are on track

A lot of players have legendary/ ultimate gear.

"Starting fresh" on a server that has been active for a long time with players already at +15 ultimate gear doesnt make sense. Now that we were able to get a good amount of gear, it should be time for players to be merged. Playing with 30 elyos online doesnt make sense. It doesnt hurt the old servers in any way. Lmao

20 minutes ago, Suyji-KT said:

Lol just remake a toon and play 3 months? New server was to allow old players to come back and not get farmed by players who had been playing all 5.0-5.8

What about the EK players who have +9 stigmas and spent a good amount of money? The server was fun when it started, the players deserve to be merged now that most players are on track

"Starting fresh" on a server that has been active for a long time with players already at +15 ultimate gear doesnt make sense. Now that we were able to get a good amount of gear, it should be time for players to be merged. Playing with 30 elyos online doesnt make sense. It doesnt hurt the old servers in any way. Lmao

Just transfer EK players  next month or so  in a way that will balance KR and DN the best.  Yes, that means that they get spread to both servers. You don't "deserve" a merger just because you decided to P2W to get some gear. If anything the players on the other servers deserve to get the best balance possible on their servers.

By the way, those players who insist on spending lots of money is why NCSoft opens a new server and doesn't even bother managing it. They just want the short -term gains. They aren't managing it so as to keep it healthy.That's why opening it didn't even make sense from the point of view of the community.

It baffles me how players cannot anticipate the new servers crumbling due to low population. You just need to look at the history of kahrun, beritra servers and notice a clear pattern. Clearly the new servers in the past hasn't attracted new players, just established players rerolling. The writing was on the board clearly for everyone to see. Come on guys clue up. 

8 hours ago, Suyji-KT said:

So you played in a server without any competition, you got dressed and now you want the real thing? Excuse you, but we are running in the old servers, some people had +15 80a2 items which were good for 5.8 and they were exchanged for shitty ancient +15 ones that are junk. And there were +25 items but not everyone had it so to us it created a disparity and peopel that played for years saw their toon get practically reset and all their efforts thrown to garbage bins. Effectively you could have made an ancient set within the first month, that was what compensation many people got while they still had to fight against ultimate and legendary exchanged geared people.

In KT for example we have to fight for anomos, we have to fight for resources, we as Asmodians struggle because elyos are 3x our numbers, and now that you got dressed in a safe new server away from our trouble you want to transfer to enjoy the game?

The only thing I would agree is that they could open transfers for Asmodians only to KT and elyos only to DN, ONLY because this might bring a little balance to the functions and it would actually benefit us too. Other than that you do not deserve to be in our server if you didn't want to play here in the first place.

The only thing I would agree is that they could open transfers for Asmodians only to KT and elyos only to DN, ONLY because this might bring a little balance to the functions and it would actually benefit us too. Other than that you do not deserve to be in our server if you didn't want to play here in the first place.

Honestly, i think the opposite will happen. Asmodians from kt will go to dn, and elyos will go from dn to kt, making both servers even worse. 

47 minutes ago, 2s1A07B4-DN said:

Other than that you do not deserve to be in our server if you didn't want to play here in the first place.

First off, the new server was appealing to players who have quit a long time ago and for new players. What new player wants to join an old server where most players are geared?

You obviously havent read the post and are talking out of your ass. The point was that all 3 servers should merge and just make it into ONE server due to the lack of population on this game.

Either way, your opinion doesnt matter and NCsoft will eventually merge. You are most likely one of these pve heroes who barely participate in any PvP which is why you dont want players to join. Someone who likes PvP will want new players and old veterans that joined EK to give them a challenge.

Stop replying you're wasting my time. If you dont agree, move on.

That's not how discourse works, lol. You post to a public forum, you're going to get responses that may or may not agree with you.

No, all three servers should not merge together. DN and KT aren't that badly off. Only EK has pulled exactly what happened to Kahrun and Beritra (surprise!). The other two servers still have a somewhat functional population that I'd rather not combine into one megaserver any time soon. The siege lag on KT is intense any time I've gone. I don't need your other two servers added in just because your server is a travesty.

All the new server was was a place for NCsoft to farm easy, short-term money from the p2w whales who blew god knows how much RL cash on outgearing everyone in the first two weeks of the server. The cover of "it's a nice place for new and returning players to roll" is the biggest troll of all time. Now your new/returning players can join a ded server or pray that NCsoft will merge them into an oh-so-geared server Soon(tm). (see how long that takes)

And I guess the whales blowing up the normal people on EK until they got bored/the other faction quit is what constitutes a challenge these days. And maybe crying about being killed in cross-server PvP instances.

10 hours ago, Timmain-KT said:

The siege lag on KT is intense any time I've gone. I don't need your other two servers added in just because your server is a travesty.

First off, siege lag has nothing to do with population. If you have 250 or 500 in the siege, it will lag the same due to POOR OPTIMIZATION. 

Second it was posted towards NCsoft if you read the post correctly, wasnt a debate.

11 hours ago, Suyji-KT said:

First off, the new server was appealing to players who have quit a long time ago and for new players. What new player wants to join an old server where most players are geared?

You obviously havent read the post and are talking out of your ass. The point was that all 3 servers should merge and just make it into ONE server due to the lack of population on this game.

Either way, your opinion doesnt matter and NCsoft will eventually merge. You are most likely one of these pve heroes who barely participate in any PvP which is why you dont want players to join. Someone who likes PvP will want new players and old veterans that joined EK to give them a challenge.

Stop replying you're wasting my time. If you dont agree, move on.

Not necessarily.

I am really hoping that NCWest is paying attention to the before and after of this. Before when so many of the older, consistent players who argued against a new server because it would 100% need a merge. These people did not want to have their game lives thrown up in the air yet again because of the very bad move of opening a new server when the player base 100% could not fill it. And now after when what we all said would happen is happening and are begging NCWest to not punish us all because of their bad decision in opening a new server.

NCWest could offer free transfers to every player on EK and it wouldn't effect the rest of us at all. If they wanted to try and fix some faction imbalances, they could force transfer all EK Asmos to KT and all EK Elyos to DN.

@Cyan. Please consider this instead of hurting all the rest of us for your company's bad decision.

P.S.

@Suyji-KT You posted on a public forum where the whole player base can and does comment. I am not trying to silence your voice and I will be damned if you will silence mine. NCWest needs to hear from both of us. Not just you.

11 minutes ago, Suyji-KT said:

First off, siege lag has nothing to do with population. If you have 250 or 500 in the siege, it will lag the same due to POOR OPTIMIZATION. 

Second it was posted towards NCsoft if you read the post correctly, wasnt a debate.

First of all, what you’re asking for for would affect all players so why wouldn’t people comment. 

Secondly this is a public forum so if you want to avoid comments in future you should just send a private message to Hime or Cyan.

Archived