Server Merge

SuyjiX-KT

12 hours ago, Suyji-KT said:

First off, the new server was appealing to players who have quit a long time ago and for new players. What new player wants to join an old server where most players are geared?

You obviously havent read the post and are talking out of your ass. The point was that all 3 servers should merge and just make it into ONE server due to the lack of population on this game.

Either way, your opinion doesnt matter and NCsoft will eventually merge. You are most likely one of these pve heroes who barely participate in any PvP which is why you dont want players to join. Someone who likes PvP will want new players and old veterans that joined EK to give them a challenge.

Stop replying you're wasting my time. If you dont agree, move on.

I don't know how long you have been playing this game but have you not seen what happened to Kahrun and Beritra? After the demise of these two servers, NCSOFT hasn't learnt their lesson when introducing the new EK server. Now NCSOFT aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, but surely the aion player base would know better by now? Those that decide to reroll on the new servers are simply making the same mistakes time and time again. Given the history of the previous servers hope you can figure out what the inevitable outcome of EK will be.

I'm not saying this to be rude, I simply don't know how to convey what I'm saying without appearing to be such;

You rolled on a new server, despite the precedence of prior failed servers which did nothing for the game, spent a bunch of money knowing that (I know you anticipated this), without caring about where it was headed, realized that the new server was probably worse off than any of the private servers you've wasted money on too, and now are calling for a merge into a single server(much akin to signalling the heat death of the universe) to try and get as much for your money as you can, because you only are just now realizing the poor investment of your choice?

Also could you elaborate on the difference of poor optimization and population, or rather how the two do not coincide when it comes to siege populations?

I'd just like to see all this confirmed or denied.

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

NCWest could offer free transfers to every player on EK and it wouldn't effect the rest of us at all. If they wanted to try and fix some faction imbalances, they could force transfer all EK Asmos to KT and all EK Elyos to DN.

Thats another good option. Merge was an idea, but as long as I can leave this dead server and enjoy some open world il be happy. But if they offer free transfers, it will be the exact same, players will transfer out leaving EK empty 

2 hours ago, Voodoodoctor-DN said:

I don't know how long you have been playing this game but have you not seen what happened to Kahrun and Beritra? 

Ive been playing sincr 3.0 and I quit before the beritra server was added. So no I did not see. However all my old friends from retail and !aion were joining EK so why would I join an old server. Obviously NCsoft doesnt give a shit about the players but we didnt expect it to fail this badly. Its not a reason to penalize the players that wanted to start fresh without dealing with +15 ultimate gear

2 hours ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

Also could you elaborate on the difference of poor optimization and population, or rather how the two do not coincide when it comes to siege populations?

I'd just like to see all this confirmed or denied.

My point was if EK players are transfered you will gain like 150 elyos and 250 asmos? Which means if you are lagging at 300 elyos during siege.. if it increased to 450 you would still lag. Because the optimzation for siege is terrible on aion. At 50 players you literally start lagging with super low fps. I have a very good PC and lag the moment i enter siege on any server since ive started playing in 3.0

18 hours ago, Suyji-KT said:

First off, the new server was appealing to players who have quit a long time ago and for new players. What new player wants to join an old server where most players are geared?

You obviously havent read the post and are talking out of your ass. The point was that all 3 servers should merge and just make it into ONE server due to the lack of population on this game.

Either way, your opinion doesnt matter and NCsoft will eventually merge. You are most likely one of these pve heroes who barely participate in any PvP which is why you dont want players to join. Someone who likes PvP will want new players and old veterans that joined EK to give them a challenge.

Stop replying you're wasting my time. If you dont agree, move on.

I obviously read your post and I do not care whether you got played or not by NCSoft and started in a new server without people. You assume too much for me, I barely do any pve at all, assuming things for people you do not know is a sure bet to make you look like an idiot. A server merge was catastrophic to my ex-Siel server and the new Katalam server makes the asmodian side suffer from this.

YOUR opinion also doesn't matter to me or anyone else, you want to express it here, I can express mine here too, you do not like the arguments then MOVE ON yourself. Just because you want to come to our side that doesn't make it your right, and if you have a right to want to transfer to KT/DN then we also have a saying on this.

2 hours ago, Suyji-KT said:

My point was if EK players are transfered you will gain like 150 elyos and 250 asmos? Which means if you are lagging at 300 elyos during siege.. if it increased to 450 you would still lag. Because the optimzation for siege is terrible on aion. At 50 players you literally start lagging with super low fps. I have a very good PC and lag the moment i enter siege on any server since ive started playing in 3.0

I do understand that the servers have a very low threshold for optimization. In my personal experience I have definitely noticed accumulative reductions in performance with higher numbers. IE: A siege with 500 people total vs a siege with 1,000 total (have experienced both since this patch, rough numbers). However, your estimate on your servers population is probably accurate; can't see it being a problem to merge, realistically. Still, what you're calling for is a total merge.

That's what, 2,000 - 3,000 + total at sieges (on a really good day?), and that's with the current population dwindling away as it has been. Total server population cap at the moment is 5/6k which means we could handle capacity but to be honest, I don't think the servers would do terribly well... A little up in the air but it couldn't be worse than previous sieges, unless they ninja-downgraded the servers based on our lower populations.

Source: Not the best PC, yours is likely better I'm sitting at a mid-tier 1070ti/FX8350. As we know this game is CPU intense, if anything but mine's not the worst CPU in the world.

4 hours ago, Suyji-KT said:

No the siege would not gain many players if EK was merged.

Firstly most of the players on EK already have toons on KT or DN, so if they wanted to siege there they would.

Secondly, my PC crashes on sieges because Aion has unfixed buggy code which can't handle many toons in close proximity to you, even with shift+f12. (Other games can handle sieges on the same hardware)

I am running a 4 core Xeon with 8GB RAM, nVidia 1060 video card and SSD which I would classify as a reasonable PC.

So sieges on EK are my only option, even then, I usually get a crash or disconnect if I push to close to the front line. I am sure there are lots of people with the same problem.

Considering that sieges on EK are fun with no shortage of combat, why spoil it? What's the desire to have sieges with 500+ toons per side on code which can't handle it? I must be missing some well buried point.

7 hours ago, Suyji-KT said:

Ive been playing sincr 3.0 and I quit before the beritra server was added. So no I did not see. However all my old friends from retail and !aion were joining EK so why would I join an old server. Obviously NCsoft doesnt give a shit about the players but we didnt expect it to fail this badly. Its not a reason to penalize the players that wanted to start fresh without dealing with +15 ultimate gear

Whether you and your friends genuinely didn't know about the previous servers history or  are simply pleading ignorance, it doesn't matter at this point. It's clear that EK isn't thriving as predicted and let this be one of the many learning cases for future players. NCsoft don't learn from their mistakes, but hopefully players from now onwards will. 

I am an old player returning from a year break. I'd love a merge of all the servers. Well of the 2 main ones. I still don't  consider EK a server, just another warehouse for alts. Hate seeing the same like 50 people... I wanna see there other mains from other servers, jajaja. Been playing since the launch of this 6.0 and I'll tell ya the only thing that makes me log in is just to do full legion runs. Otherwise I'd rather play destiny 2 or pubg. 

On 1/14/2019 at 10:39 AM, Aly-DN said:

I am really hoping that NCWest is paying attention to the before and after of this. Before when so many of the older, consistent players who argued against a new server because it would 100% need a merge. These people did not want to have their game lives thrown up in the air yet again because of the very bad move of opening a new server when the player base 100% could not fill it. And now after when what we all said would happen is happening and are begging NCWest to not punish us all because of their bad decision in opening a new server.

NCWest could offer free transfers to every player on EK and it wouldn't effect the rest of us at all.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said here. If they truly want to minimize the damage they have already caused, they would allow everyone to transfer off of EK for free and then close the farce server down without a second thought. Any toon that doesn't meet the deadline to transfer off could be forcefully transferred to one of the existing servers, and then given a free transfer ticket to use at a later date if they so wish. Unfortunately, NCWest has proven time and time again that they do not have the playerbase's best interest at heart.

I personally do not want to see another server merge. EVER. I hate all the confusion and I detest the fact veteran players end up losing their names and houses. Obviously, if it came down to merging DN and KT or closing the game down for good, I would likely reconsider my position. However, with the haphazard way the game is being managed now, another major merge would only push us that much closer to the edge of crisis.

3 minutes ago, Cyfur-EK said:

I notice that all the "experts" on EK in this thread are from other servers.

EK exists for a reason, just like PTS does, it's so people can experience the game without legacy baggage, get over it.

Agreed. Then don't ask for a merge.. ever. Enjoy your wonderful experience without ever exposing yourselves to all of our legacy baggage. Deal?

9 minutes ago, Cyfur-EK said:

I notice that all the "experts" on EK in this thread are from other servers.

EK exists for a reason, just like PTS does, it's so people can experience the game without legacy baggage, get over it.

Hey “expert” 

We don’t have a PTS server. Haven’t had one in NA for years.

I used to like it. It doesn’t exist for a reason either.

2 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Hey “expert” 

We don’t have a PTS server. Haven’t had one in NA for years.

I used to like it. It doesn’t exist for a reason either.

Other people don't have a problem finding an Aion PTS server

Then go play there?

Here is the thing, Mr Expert. You may be the expert on EK, but some of us have been playing this game since launch. We have seen and dealt with a lot of really nyerk poor decisions by NCWest. Anyone else remember the "Month of Free Transfers" right after the first server mergers? The thing that was supposed to be 4 weeks of unlimited server transfers so we could check out each server and decide where we wanted to call our new homes? But don't worry! NCWest staff was closely monitoring race balance and assured us that evvvvvvverything would be just fine, even though we knew exactly what would happen. Every single freaking Asmodian would transfer to New Vizal and every Elyos on New Vizal would transfer off and the really horrible race balances would just get worse. Guess what?! Every single freaking Asmodian transferred to New Vizal and every Elyos transferred off and they locked down those transfers after one week and trapped everyone on those poop-hole, imbalanced servers.. and that was back when we had to buy the game -and- pay a monthly sub to play. How about the mergers where names were "first come first serve" and they assured us that no one would steal our names.. names that some paid extra when they bought the game so that they could reserve those names? How about when they decided to open the Beritra server because flocks and flocks of players were going to suddenly appear when they put the game back on Steam and we warned them that the server would just end up pulling players from the old servers, leaving them empty, until those players got over the new-car-smell of BR and left to return to their old server leaving BR a ghost town.. requiring yet another merge? We knew exactly what would happen with EK and warned the staff.. who assured us that they had learned their lesson and that they had no plans to open a new server. But you, Mr. Expert, got your way and open a new server they did. And then less than a month later EK players are crying about the severe pay2win and getting their teeth kicked in not only from all that legacy gear you seem so concerned with during cross server instances but also in open world with players that thought nothing of dropping $5k in a -week- in order to get +9 stigmas, 10 to 15 dredg runs every vuln and complete sets of crafted PvP gear for them and their buddies. And now you all are crying for a merge because your server population has fallen. Gee.

If what happened on EK didn't effect any of the rest of us, we wouldn't give a poop. But it does. WHEN your ill-conceived server gets so tiny that it forces NCWest to consider a merge, we are the ones that will pay the price because you wanted a PTS server and apparently couldn't find the one you just linked.

So much EK hate in this thread.

Also people that don't know the difference between PTS and EK too.

I have been playing Aion since 2009, started on Nezekan server, I know plenty about forced server merges and how they caused people to leave the game.

Be careful what you wish for.

15 minutes ago, Cyfur-EK said:

I have been playing Aion since 2009, started on Nezekan server, I know plenty about forced server merges and how they caused people to leave the game.

And yet you wanted a fresh server that would cause another merge?

Unbelievable.

P.S. @Cyfur-EK.. you are the one that said that EK was like a PTS. That was your comparison. Not mine or anyone else's here. Apparently you wanted EK to be your very own PTS that you could just walk away from when you got tired of it leaving the sever a ghost town requiring a merge which you admit will cause more people to leave this game. 

34 minutes ago, Cyfur-EK said:

Also people that don't know the difference between PTS and EK too.

Be careful what you wish for.

They aren't hating on EK they're hating on you lol. EK was a dumb idea in general and by precedence. I doubt it got them very far $-wise, compared to normal servers and the compensation gear involved with them; they're going to lose money on it if the population stays down, so I would expect a merge absolutely, they're a financial company if anything, just when and how is up in the air. They'll likely either throw EK into the less populated server or cut the population in half or something weird.

Anyway, point is, it'd be a really silly idea not to merge it. Then again it was silly to make it...

5 hours ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

Anyway, point is, it'd be a really silly idea not to merge it. Then again it was silly to make it...

It was maybe silly to make it, but whats done is done. Now players from EK who chose NOT to get rekt by players who had been playing and spending money for the last 3 years. But are veterans that had already quit the game for a while, which made sense for US to go on a brand new server. Players from KT and DN that dont want it to be merged because they dont want to lose their name and houses makes sense. So allowing the xfers instead would be great. Idc about houses, and i already have my name saved. All we need is to allow players to get the fk out of this server because its so dead. Aion is already dying, better of getting the veterans from EK to play on another server without having to start all over again.

Archived