There are so many bots running around, it's very hard to do the quests in Lakrum (especially the first ones).  There should be a way of auto freezing accounts if they are reported for botting X amount of times..something.  Very hard for new players to compete with the bots.

No! Please don't do that!

Bots are very important for helping bad players progress!

If only there were logs and IP traces to confirm all this...

GSn0dKh.png

Aly-DN   

So you found someone killing their alt to finish the 50 kill quest. Okay? You point out that this isn't a bot.

Not sure why the necro of a thread that is 10 months old. Not only is the original thread old, but not relevant any more since the devs removed all drops from the first zone of Lakrum so that the bots were no longer stealing the mobs of fresh level 76 players trying to do their quests.

1. The asmo is a bot

2. You already knew that

3. Bots moved to another part of lakrum to farm mats

4. players are farming their alt bots everywhere

5. here a bot there a bot everywhere a bot bot old macdonal'd had a farm eeeeee-eye-eeeee-eye oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

6. bye

Aly-DN   

Um. 

Maybe our definitions of "bot" are different. A bot, to me, is a totally automated. The player that owns the bot hits a button and walks away. The character goes to a certain spot and uses the same set of skills over and over until it dies. Then it reses up and goes back to the spot and uses the same set of skills over and over. It's a bot because once it's started, it has no human control.

If a player levels an alt and then moves it by hand to a certain spot to kill it for quest completion, that alt is not a bot. The player that owns it is switching between clients to move it. No automation needed. No programming required. Everything is done by hand. You can argue that it's cheap. But it's no more botting than someone who logs in an alt to duo FM using both of their own characters.

I guess that the character jumping off the safe pad could be a bot trying to get back to it's programmed spot, but the fact that it "disappeared" after the other character killed it over and over (probably 50 times) makes me think it is just an alt and not a bot. You said that the killed character moved elsewhere to farm mats, but you didn't show that. I guess it's possible that this player actually does run that other character as a bot to farm mats and then kills it when they need to finish kill quests. Though I would argue why you would need to farm mats on a character that is the opposite race as your main? It's not like your can transfer the kinah between races.

Even if you can't see a difference between bots and alts, this is a 10 month old thread that speaks to a very real issue that as already been solved. Bots are no longer set to farm in the initial areas of Lakrum since the devs removed all drops from those areas so that players can complete those first quests.