Forums

New Enchanting System Changes

Cyan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Brutallus-DN said:

this is exactly what i meant, official notes from our official NA server.... is not proffesional for the team that players must looking all over the net for unofficial informaiton from other players, becuz our NA server have some little custom changes that Korean notes, or EU info is not accorded to them. This is a basic information that must be provided for the aion team for every players, that included the new ones who don't know where to find this kind of information like us.

13 minutes ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

this is exactly what i meant, official notes from our official NA server.... is not proffesional for the team that players must looking all over the net for unofficial informaiton from other players

these rates posted from aionpowerbook is directly from Korea so therefor it IS official 

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

It's 10 Ancient for the Legendary morph and 5 Legendary for the Ultimate Morph. I took an example screenshot from the Legendary PvP morph, you'll see the rest in game tomorrow. 

9CrdKlR.png

This is a good idea, should help a lot, especially getting Ultimate stones, as they have been unobtainium  rare.

Does anyone know the 6.5 enchantment rates that are coming so I can see the difference to the current rates?

@Cyan Hello. I Have been playing the game on and off since the game Launched back in 2009. One thing I hate about the game right now if that we do not have Access to transparent scroll that we can buy with our hard earned Gold. I am all for supporting the game and the company . I just came back and already spent over 50$. This would been a 4 month Sub. I will spend more as long as I feel that the company isnt taking advantage of me. Please fix this issue as I dont want to look like a pink penguin. I want my character to look the way I made him. I will NOT buy transparent scroll with real money beacuse that is absurd. 

4 hours ago, Cyan said:

I believe the cap is 100 coins per week. The ultimate craft requires 10 for Legendary and 50 for Ultimate.

@Cyan This is a good start to improving progression but I suggest raising the 100 coin cap as it seems to mean only 10 more legendary enchants per week. 

I've been super active this patch. Easily much more than the norm. I attend most sieges so I have the highest GP on EK-elyos and I do my 2 pvp instances pretty much every day with high win rate. Before this change I was on pace to be full +15 ultimate genesis crystal by March 2021.

With this additional 10 legendary/week it will only reduce it to August 2020. 

In Korea, 3 months into 6.0 patch when 6.2 released the players at the front of the gear curve were full +15 legendary genesis crystal /+0 ultimate. 6 months in with 6.5 the norm was full +10-+15 ultimate genesis crystal. We are way behind this pace which is causing two massive problems making the population evaporate.

1) Progression is dominated by RNG. Not AP, not the other mats. I have so much AP waiting I could instantly make 6 ultimate pieces as well as huge stacks of the other required mats. The problem is all of these materials are farmable at an uncapped rate (AP gain is really bad in world pvp but it's still farmable) except the enchantment stones. So the only rate-limited resource for progression is ALSO the only one at the mercy of RNG.

This is a really terrible design. For example, if using AP or fighting spirit fragments was the RNG element it would be much better because you can always farm AP/fragments harder to make up for bad RNG. But since farming legendary pvp stones are effectively capped, if you reach that cap you cannot make up for bad RNG by farming harder but instead you have to wait (AKA log off the game to try against next day/siege/whatever)... until the year 2020 or you quit due to the futility. 

2) This patch has the largest gear disparity AND the most gear-based pvp in the history of the game. The difference between a full legendary gear vs full ultimate gear player is unwinnable. This is made 100x worse due to giving players compensation gear that was supposed to be temporary while everyone farmed their replacement genesis crystal sets. Again, by this time on the KR servers 3 months in fewer people were using compensation gear as they were able to progress past it in a timely manner. 

This patch was balanced with endgame in mind (endgame being full +15 ultimate genesis crystal). Currently, we are playing in a state that the devs didn't consider balancing. For example, heals are incredibly OP right now as healing starts off strong but scales less than damage as you approach +15 ultimate. At endgame, they converge to a point where it is more balanced. The massive difference between ancient>legendary>ultimate tiers was also not an issue in Korea because the first two tiers were not considered endgame and it was expected to progress past them quickly before the imbalance wore people down and quit. 

tldr:

So that being said, you guys adding this system to morph legendary/ultimate stones is great. Speeding up progression is probably the biggest improvement we need imo. The only problem is tweaking this system or improving other sources of enchant stones to ensure we can reach the intended endgame in a reasonable amount of time. 100 coins -> 10 legendary enchant stones a week will not be enough.

Or how about instead of adding in a system like this which isn’t all that great, add the stones into events and bcm. Why do we need so many pve enchantment stones from events and widely accessible on bcm and no pvp ones ? There’s really 0 explanation as to why we’re being fed so much pve Stones. If it’s an excuse of “you need to earn pvp stones by doing pvp” then sure, in that case why are pve stones on bcm and in events when that’s not considered pve? 

New skins please 

1 hour ago, Cozy-EK said:

With this additional 10 legendary/week it will only reduce it to August 2020. 

the 100 stones is purchase limit you can get them via your own exp as well so the more you grind the more you get so it's not just 10 extra stones per week.

4 hours ago, Woo-DN said:

the 100 stones is purchase limit you can get them via your own exp as well so the more you grind the more you get so it's not just 10 extra stones per week.

I think you use your exp to convert the coins you bought into gems used for morphing. If I'm right that's a 100/week cap you can't get around (unless they are tradable/warehouseable). See the quote below.

But I did miss the "bonus" stones you can get, hopefully it's a really high rate. 

10 hours ago, Cyan said:

You’ll find a new item required for these new morphs named Borunerk’s Gem. Obtaining these Gems can be done though purchasing Borunerk’s Coins with Kinah off the Golden Sand Traders. Clicking on one of these coins will remove 20 million experience you’ve gained from your experience bar to yield one Borunerk’s Gem.

Also, when you open the Legendary or Ultimate Enchantment Stone bundles received through these new morphing recipes, you’ll have a chance to receive a bonus enchantment stone, or  a chance to receive a bonus Ultimate Enchantment Stone when opening the Legendary Enchantment Stone Bundle.

I think these are really positive changes. Should re-invigorate the economy and get people out in the world for pvp dailies and to grind for exp. This is a great first step!

However, I do agree with Dekoze; I'd like to see the weekly cap either removed or made significantly higher. I never really understood the appeal of hard-capping progression with time gates. Just make the first 100 coins cost X and the next 100 coins cost X+1 and the next 100 coins after that cost more (soft cap). It would give the players that really want to push the ability to do so while regulating the absolute rate of progression.

Also, yes, transparent transformation scrolls should be the same price as regular transformation scrolls and should be in the coin shop. I have 100% not purchased skins from the BCM and will not until this is an option; as I'm sure is the case for many others. Also, also, Kromede is really, really ugly and I'd like to never see her again as soon as possible.

This is a very good step.  I hope the new system works.  Right now the difficult thing is that there are people running around with ultimate gear and no one had the ability to catch them unless they were supremely wealthy which is why you saw the obsession with shards because people needed those stats to even be able to dent those people in pvp.

I hope this works out.  I was within a month of just giving up on Aion after 9 years.  I'm gonna hold out some hope.

Archived