Forums

New Enchanting System Changes

Cyan

2 minutes ago, Briearios-DN said:

What alternate dimension are you posting from? I can't and won't speak for everyone playing this game but before this patch enchanting was literally one if not the most awful experiences in this game. Along with it being hard for me to enchant my items let me recall the worst experience I had. I tried for 3 weeks to enchant a plume on my cleric. Yes 3 whole weeks. The first week the plume wouldn't even go to +12 and used all my stones I had from doing camps and instances. Second week it failed at getting to +13 and +14 multiple times. The 3rd week when I finally got it enchanted I had 84 stones and 7 legendary stones and it still failed going from +12 to +13 and +13 to +14 and finally got to +15. It left me with 0 legendary stones and 7 ancient stones. In all I used near 400 stones to get it to +15. If I understand your post correctly you had incredible luck because you are stating you +15 every piece of gear with 50 stones each???

YES I understand how you feel....THE POINT IS......ENCHANTING IS A SCAMM......THERE IS NO nyerkING ENCHANT RATE.....WE JUST ARENT ALOUD TO ENCHANT nyerkING ANYTHING...……...IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED PROPERLY!!!!!!!!………….WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE COMING TO THE GAME AND IN THE FIRST WEEK OR 2 HAVE RED GEARED PURIFIED BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE COMING TO THE GAME AND TAKING nyerkING MONTHS TO GET 1 nyerkING PEICE OF RED nyerkING GEAR??????……...THERE ARE LITERALLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE BETTER GEAR THEN ME WHO HAVE JUST COME BACK AND PLAYED HALF THE TIME I HAVE!!!!!...AND THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE 5.8 THAT STILL HAVE ALL YELLOW nyerkING GEAR AND CANT GET 1 nyerkING PURPLE PEICE DUE TO ENCHANT RATES!!!!!!!!!...….ITS nyerkING ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Arkaida-KT said:

ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO YOU SAW LEGENDARY SPAM ARE nyerkING P2W THEY SPENT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON BCM TO BUY MASS AMOUNTS OF PVP STONES SO THEY COULD ENCHANT THERE GEAR!!!!!

Oh, shit, I didn't know I spent hundreds of dollars on the BCM to buy mass amounts of PvP stones, so I could enchant my PvP gear.

I learned something new about myself today.

1 hour ago, Timmain-KT said:

Oh, shit, I didn't know I spent hundreds of dollars on the BCM to buy mass amounts of PvP stones, so I could enchant my PvP gear.

I learned something new about myself today.

lol yeh because you were the only person getting legendaries on update day right.....I wasn't talking about you....I never said your name......BUT THE MASS OF PEOPLE NAMES I SAW IN CHAT UPGRADEING THERE GEAR WERE MOSTLY P2W...….THERE WERE A FEW PEOPLE WHO GOT 1 PEICE AT A TIME BUT THERE WERE P2W's THAT EVERYONE KNOWS ARE P2W'S BECUASE THEY POST YOUTUBE VIDEOS WITH STACKS OF NC CARDS BOASTING ABOUT THE MONEY THEY SPENT UPGRADEING ALL THERE GEAR AT ONE TIME...PEICE AFTER PEICE....I SAW MULTIPLE P2W's UPGRADEING EVERY SINGLE PEICE OF GEAR THEY HAD 1 AFTER ANOTHER ON THAT DAY!!!!…..Look I don't really care that they p2w they are wasting there money its there issue......ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT NC SOFT IS A JOKE....AION IS A JOKE....UPDATES AND FIX'S ARE A JOKE!!!!….I HAVE A FRIENDS WHO HAS NEVER QUIT AND HAS PLAYED SINCE 4.0 WHO STILL HAS ALL YELLOWS AND CANT GET 1 PEICE TO +15!!!!!...….enchanting is different for everyone!!!!….RATES DONT EXIST DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then...stop playing?

You know, it's totally okay to stop playing a game and go find another one without going full delusional on the old game's forum. It's actually healthier to just let it go completely. Or just sit there and cry in your broken-ass attempt at what I'm guessing at English communication.

It'll be okay. Just go home and play something else if this game triggers you so badly.

And I've been playing since beta. Whoop de nyerking doo?

Jesus Christ Arkaida stop with the caps ffs...

Many of us, myself included, had all of our ancient/legendary pieces at +12/13, waiting for the new enchantment rates to be released. On that day, we took those pieces to +15 and purified them with all of the mats and stones we had saved up. I personally purified 8 ancient items to legendary on that Wednesday, one right after the other. I didn't purchase anything from the BCM to do it. It's called smart planning and patience with your mats/stones.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:15 PM, Cyan said:

Secondly, we’ve implemented new morphing recipes to obtain higher tier Enchantment Stones. You’ll be able to convert Ancient and Legendary PvE/PvP enchantment stones into higher tiers using the various required morphing materials found in the Morphing Substances Menu.

You’ll find a new item required for these new morphs named Borunerk’s Gem. Obtaining these Gems can be done though purchasing Borunerk’s Coins with Kinah off the Golden Sand Traders. Clicking on one of these coins will remove 20 million experience you’ve gained from your experience bar to yield one Borunerk’s Gem.

Also, when you open the Legendary or Ultimate Enchantment Stone bundles received through these new morphing recipes, you’ll have a chance to receive a bonus enchantment stone, or  a chance to receive a bonus Ultimate Enchantment Stone when opening the Legendary Enchantment Stone Bundle.

Hello! Sorry if this comes off as a dumb question, but just to make sure..

Are these added morphing recipes going to be a permanent addition to the game? 
Are Borunerk's Gem's going to remain as a permanent item in the Gold Sand Traders as well?
(For the foreseeable future at least! I just wanted to make sure if it wasn't only an event or temporary thing.)

Thank you!

• Aion Team
2 hours ago, 66sCA80A-DN said:

Hello! Sorry if this comes off as a dumb question, but just to make sure..

Are these added morphing recipes going to be a permanent addition to the game? 
Are Borunerk's Gem's going to remain as a permanent item in the Gold Sand Traders as well?
(For the foreseeable future at least! I just wanted to make sure if it wasn't only an event or temporary thing.)

Thank you!

Yeah they're not planned to be temporary. 

its a nice new system. but we still need more ways to get kinah. its really frustrating those pay2win ppl (cuz they bought kinah to another players for real money on 5.0 update) that now have ultimate items since the start from 6.2 meanwhyle most of players was on ancient items. 
I mean, ppl need faster ways to get items now cuz this is really unbalanced.

On 2/1/2019 at 5:56 PM, 1s249CEF-KT said:

Enchanting rates on legendary / ultimate were 100% nerfed from the 6.5 rates. What a waste of time.

Absolutely.
I'm pretty certain the rates on
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/6.0_Update_-_Enchanting_Rates
do not apply at least to our servers.

A legendary stone should successfully enchant a level 10 ultimate item 42% of the time.  And a legendary stone should successfully enchant a legendary item of level 3-5 88% of the time.

I used 13 legendary stones into a +10 ultimate trying to get +12 and only 3 succeeded.  Based on the Bernoulli trials formula with k=0..3, n=13 and chance 42% it should turn out this way or worse 13.44% of the time.  OK so it's not totally unbelievable ...

But I had 8 tries of legendary stones into legendary wings at enchantment levels 3-5 and only 4 successes.  Again apply bernoulli, to have 4 successes or less when the success rate is 88% should occur 0.97% of the time (that's less than 1 time out of 100).  sorry but I don't think I'm that special...

either powerbook was always wrong, or rates got nerfed, it's one or the other.

1 minute ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

n=13, your sample size is way too small to draw any conclusions...

I failed 18 legendaries on a legendary at 10-11. I also failed 6 ultimate stones on legendary at 13. In a row. Sample sizes will never be significant enough to confirm without GM help; but my conclusion is pretty clear: it is significantly more likely that the enchantment rates here are lower than the datamined 6.5 rates. 

5 minutes ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

n=13, your sample size is way too small to draw any conclusions...

depends what you're trying to show.  for example even with n=1, if enchant fails we can draw the conclusion that the chance is not 100%.

suppose i claimed the chance is 99% and then you failed 10 in a row.  which would be more likely: a) that my claim was wrong, or b) that you just hit the 1% fail 10 times in a row?  think about it.

ignore the 13 fails example if you want.  but then look at the second example.  i failed a supposed 88% chance 4 out of 8 times.  some really smart guys figured out long ago how to find the probability of that event.  it is less than 1%.

so when i hear other people complaining about similar or worse events that should almost never occur, it's actually pretty easy to conclude the rates have been nerfed.

It FEELS like the rates are lower than what has been posted.  I'm not sure if that means it IS lower or not.

I attempted to enchant my ancient chest piece from 14-15 and failed 3 times with a purple stone which if I remember has a 68% chance of working.  Ok so that still leaves 32% chance to fail which is still pretty high.  I made a few purples with the boronerk gems and ended up getting a red stone.  I waited for my next piece to get to 14 with ancients and popped the red stone.  It worked.  Honestly I shouldn't have to use a red stone on ancient gear.  I shouldn't even have to use a purple stone on ancient gear.  It stinks because people are and were running around in red gear practically from the day the patch came out and the people in ancient gear are STILL having a hard time enchanting up gear.  I thought that would change with the updated rates but while it has helped a little....not as much as I thought it would.

I tried enchanting shoulders last night from 14-15 with a purple stone and failed again.  So far out of 5 attempts with purple stones they have all failed.  I could be unlucky but it FEELS like the rates are not correct with what we have been lead to believe.

I enchanted my rangers bow to 15 with only ancients.  I don't know the deal.

Getting there slowly it seems.  Currently I have weapon purple +5, chest piece purple +5 and boots purple +5.  That is all.

Lastly ffs make bundles in dredge and IDL give purple stones not lame yellow stones.

Still there must be more ways to get purple stones and more ways to make Kinah....

8 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

About 1 out of 100 people will fail a 88% chance 4 times in a row. You were among one of them. Since there are least several hundreds of people attempting to enchant gear using legendary stones, there will definitely be a few people among these who will fail a 88% attempt 4 times in a row.

lol, if we're talking about failing 4 "in a row" the chance is obviously much lower than 1%.  try 0.021% or about 1 in 5000. 

anyways that's irrelevant (other than showing that you're just memeing) since i never said 4 in a row.  i said 4 fails in 8 attempts, nothing about order.  and the chance of THAT is 1% which I already said.

when i said others had similar stories i was talking about 5 guys all in my legion which has about 60 members.  i suppose you will now assert that all the unlucky guys just happen to be concentrated into my one legion?

but probability is a lot deeper than the mere knowledge that bad luck exists.  i just failed another two stones.  the claim of an 88% success rate is incorrect at least on our servers.

@Cyan Can you confirm that the rates were not changed? I'm on my 7th ultimate trying to go from +14 to +15 on legendary pvp gear here. That's suppose to be a 58% success rate; with the probability of what I've just experiencing occurring 0.23% of the time. Honestly, it's pretty disheartening, not going to lie.

PVE gear seems to be no problem at all. 

#enchantgate

9 hours ago, 1s249CEF-KT said:

PVE gear seems to be no problem at all.

This is occurring with BOTH PvE and PvP gear.

4 hours ago, Mytek-DN said:

It wouldn't make sense for them to lower the enchant rates. They should want you to get the Ultimate version of the pvp gear so that you can spend the insane $2 per roll trying to max the stats.

It was not necessarily intentional.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:13 PM, Zombiex-DN said:

its  a conpiracy !!! i reached +15 two times in the last week

That's fine, I also succeeded some +15's with 45% enchant rate in old patch.  Just don't try to tell me the rate was actually 95% or whatever when I had tons of failures.

Archived