Jump to content
Vantheria-DN

Alchemy Profession

Recommended Posts

So yesterday I started trying to level up alchemy. I'm only at level 50 right now lol. I know the old professions are basically dead, but alchemy and cooking are still marginally useful. I mainly just want to be able to craft superior wind serums because I feel like I get my wings clipped during siege more than the average person lol. :(

Anyway, what are other useful things to craft with alchemy that still actually sell on the broker? Obviously the scrolls aren't going to sell right now since we're all stocked up from Code Red -- although, I guess they could be useful early next year once we've all run out of the Code Red scrolls. Superior recovery serums, perhaps?

From what I've read, fine bracing water is a good one since it's a good shield. Also, people always need those temporal stones for that campaign leveling quest. Are there any alchemy masters who can say what items you find the most useful to craft (in order to sell for kinah)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Capa-KT   

The scrolls still sell because you can't use the Code Red ones in PvP- unless you don't run with a rebuffing pet and you're fine with putting all your 30min scrolls back up every time you meet a spiritmaster. At the very least, if cast/atk/running speed scrolls sell less, the crit spell/strike ones should still sell, because the ones from event aren't the best you can get.

Elemental scrolls and Fine Bracings are my go-to crafts, but I usually craft for myself and put the extra on brokers instead of mass crafting- it takes up a lot of inventory space and I'm never sure in advance when I'll be able to sell everything. Not sure how it's like on IS, but here on Siel-A there's some person *tin foil hat on* that enjoys crafting with 5-10 alts at a time and putting the basic scrolls on brokers for 10k each every week, so the kinah you can make from cast/atk/running scrolls is always limited while the rest fluctuates and is profitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Capa-SL said:

The scrolls still sell because you can't use the Code Red ones in PvP- unless you don't run with a rebuffing pet and you're fine with putting all your 30min scrolls back up every time you meet a spiritmaster.

Interesting; I had not thought about that.

Good info, thank you. As I mentioned, I mainly want this for myself, but I do plan to make use of extra crafting to sell when I'm bored. I figured I'd get a separate storage pet just for alchemy stuff, so that may help keep the inventory clean a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GHp's always sell, along with superior flight pots, even UA BM camp mobs clip wings....  

 

10k for scrolls? he's gonna hate me every time the flight buff is up :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also am just starting to lvl up alchemy. Heard it was still better instead of other profession. Anyways, any tips for noobs like me?? 

What items should I craft, and what I should avoid.. thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LordVoldy-SL said:

I also am just starting to lvl up alchemy. Heard it was still better instead of other profession. Anyways, any tips for noobs like me?? 

What items should I craft, and what I should avoid.. thanks.

So from one noob to another lol... (got it up to level 70 last night, gonna try more this weekend)

From what I've read in multiple threads on the old forums and reddit, it's best to do the work orders from levels 1-400. At that point, work orders will no longer be available. The work orders are touted as being the best option because it's easiest to get the materials for them (from the NPC vendor), and it's the cheapest option.

Personally, as I don't have a money problem (currently lol), I'm doing about 75% work orders and then 25% other things, such as elemental waters and powders and other things which will be used in future crafting. I'm just storing them in my pet for now.

Other tips I've read: do your crafting during XP/crafting boost weekends (duh), use crafting amulets if you have them (duh), and if you want to save more time (but will cost more), the crafting tables in Pernon/Oriel are faster to use than the ones in Panda/Sanctum.

Edited by Vantheria-IS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2017 at 10:58 AM, Capa-SL said:

The scrolls still sell because you can't use the Code Red ones in PvP- unless you don't run with a rebuffing pet and you're fine with putting all your 30min scrolls back up every time you meet a spiritmaster.

Rebuffing pets can't help you with Code Red Scroll Rebuffing.

On 9/14/2017 at 9:18 AM, Vantheria-IS said:

So yesterday I started trying to level up alchemy. I'm only at level 50 right now lol. I know the old professions are basically dead, but alchemy and cooking are still marginally useful. I mainly just want to be able to craft superior wind serums because I feel like I get my wings clipped during siege more than the average person lol. :(

Anyway, what are other useful things to craft with alchemy that still actually sell on the broker? Obviously the scrolls aren't going to sell right now since we're all stocked up from Code Red -- although, I guess they could be useful early next year once we've all run out of the Code Red scrolls. Superior recovery serums, perhaps?

From what I've read, fine bracing water is a good one since it's a good shield. Also, people always need those temporal stones for that campaign leveling quest. Are there any alchemy masters who can say what items you find the most useful to craft (in order to sell for kinah)?

You will probably have to do some research on the broker to see what will cost less. It changes all the time and is different from server to server. If you like being extremely patient, you can do work orders up until a certain point. What I mean by that is that the music in there and the constant crafting noise gets to your head, eventually.

Also I'll stick this in here, to speed up leveling your profession I'd get a new character and level it up until you get all those crafting charms from the Growth Quest Series and level up crafting on that new character. Leveling up characters is very easy now, it will also probably help with sanity, be careful though, these quests only appear if you are within a certain level range and if you miss them then you miss them forever for that character.

Here are links to the Asmodian quests: [Growth] Be a Better Daeva, 2nd Edition [Growth] Be a Better Daeva, 6th Edition [Growth] Be a Better Daeva, 10th Edition [Growth] Be a Better Daeva, 17th Edition - x4 Charms Total

Here are links to the Elyos quests: [Growth] A Higher Calling, 2nd Edition [Growth] A Higher Calling, 6th Edition [Growth] A Higher Calling, 10th Edition [Growth] A Higher Calling, 17th Edition - x4 Charms Total

Here is a link to the amulet: [Event] Celestial Crafting Boost - Lasts for 2 hours for each scroll, use when crafting gets harder to level or too expensive

Edited by SacrificialPower-SL
Clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to say that the last quest is at Level 40. To speed up leveling to 40 on a new character try doing Luna at the 1st (ie. Level 11, 21, etc.) and 6th (ie. Level 16, 26, etc.) levels when you want to do Luna, because that is when the new orbs for your level range start dropping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×