Assassin issues

Sgt Sneak

No need for fancy word just watch these comparison videos......Keep in mind ambush is supposed to put you behind target at 1m range.

Also remember you have 3 sec of crits after skill so imagine ambushing and being 6m from target and have to run to them wasting half the duration or more!

This is Retail server ambush:

https://clips.twitch.tv/InspiringInspiringSquidDancingBanana

Private Server:

https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidShortLouseTinyFace

Hi there, as a sin main myself I can tell you that notaion is not an accurate representation of any class, nor has it ever really been. You attack faster than attack speed cap, it's a dead server so there is very little server lag, and melees have unrealistic bonus range added. All of these as well as some other SPAGETTi code contributes to why ambush "feels" better on notaion. It should be noted that notaion assassins still insist on using scoundrels because of how braindead the class is on notaion as a result of ambush and it's not uncommon to see fullbuff+scoundrels into autoattacking people to death. Enjoy!

So you think it is intended that the ambush leaves your character 5+ meters from any moving target. That to you is acceptable gameplay? You have a 1m attack range...and due to latency on the game server even when it appears on your end to be that you are in range the server does not register you in range and so you can not execute the attack. I didnt just pick up sin yesterday and make this post. There is many of times I have leapt on or away from a target and found myself well beyond the "intended" acceptable range. I do not play consistently on any private server so the dynamics of these servers aren't my forte but I do know that ambushing someone and being 8m meters away is not right. Or did  you not watch the video? This was replicated consistently on a moving target. Before you jump in and suggest latency on my end my ping is 40-50ish and I was dueling someone with less ping than me. My computer is by far not a potatoe soooooo one is left to believe the error does not lie on my end.

If you really played sin since the beginning of time then you'd know that this is not anything new. On !aion not only does ambush not "lag", you're also able to stay on a target easier and hit them without having to jump weave. If you've played retail for a long time playing !aion is essentially easy mode with perma "extendables". You either reroll off assassin or you learn to adapt to all the desync/lag. Asking for a fix is to ask ncwest to invest into better quality servers, you tell me if that's realistic LOL

@cockroach-DN Not asking them to fix it is overly obvious that it is not gonna get "fixed" I'm just using the forums as a means to communicate my frustration. Thanks for your opinion man. I know it is not new. I also know it is not an issue exclusive to the assassin class it is only made more annoying due to the assassin's naturally short range. As for !aion I played it to test skills and armor etc it just felt good to see myself land a proper ambush. How do you "adapt" to  these issues? This is not a crying post maybe there is a mechanic I am not aware of that can help others. Teach us Senpai!!

Archived