Sign in to follow this  
TheSecretCowLeve-KT

[6.5] Failed enchantment attempts with Ultimate stones no longer drop enchant lv

6.5 enchantment success rates, and average number of stones needed to go from +10 to +15

While digging through the enchantment success rate data of the Taiwan game files, I have discovered that failed enchantment attempts with ultimate stones appear to no longer reduce the enchantment level of gears ("0"). Can anyone confirm? (ancient and legendary stones remain "-1" for +1 to +9 and "10" for +10 to +14)

enchantment_penalty_type

• 0: enchantment level stays the same (ultimate stones have this set to 0 for all levels and gear grade)
  • -1: enchantment level drops by 1
  • 10: enchantment level is set to 10

And does this apply to our NA 6.2 enchantment rate improvement too?

Ultimate stones haven’t reduced the enchantment level since the patch came out. None of my pve gear went down when I failed with an ultimate stone before this most recent update.

Ah ok. I never got in hold of a single ultimate stone before. This behavior is also not mentioned in the in-game description of ultimate stones. I never even knew about that until the moment I datamined the enhantment success rate from Taiwan 6.5 game data. This is not mentioned on English powerbook either.

(And there was a bug in my previous script used for generating the spreadsheet table data, which read enchantment_penalty_type from the wrong records - Original 6.2 enchantment success rates, applies to Gameforge, ultimate odds fixed)

Edited by mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT