still waiting for a pre 4.8 master server

Hydrogenix-DN

master server, roll back, or just shut down the game. any more patch and this game will just go further down the shit hole. sure korean master server didnt work but thats cause the retail server was up. why I say roll back and stay on one of the pre 4.8 patchs after all you guys make more money from the cash shop then you know what to do with.

If you don't like the game and have nothing more to throw at it other than rollback the game (which they literally cannot do, even if they wanted to), master server (because EK and BR didn't demonstrate what new servers do to our region's population, and we know that the pre-4.8 patches weren't near popular enough to draw in a new/old crowd that'll stick around for more than 10 minutes), or close the game just because you don't like it or the direction it's taking, it might be time to take a break from the game and go play something else.

Seriously, it's totally okay to play something else. Come back later. It's what a lot of us do/have done, and, if you don't want to come back because you still don't like what it's done, don't.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 7:47 PM, Timmain-KT said:

If you don't like the game and have nothing more to throw at it other than rollback the game (which they literally cannot do, even if they wanted to), master server (because EK and BR didn't demonstrate what new servers do to our region's population, and we know that the pre-4.8 patches weren't near popular enough to draw in a new/old crowd that'll stick around for more than 10 minutes), or close the game just because you don't like it or the direction it's taking, it might be time to take a break from the game and go play something else.

Seriously, it's totally okay to play something else. Come back later. It's what a lot of us do/have done, and, if you don't want to come back because you still don't like what it's done, don't.

"werent near popular enough" k kid back in 4.0 there was a lot more players than there are now and I mean 400-600 people per server and with siel as the most populated ofc you obviously haven't payed attention oh an ya know why the servers are dying worst than when they went F2P because of the direction that aion is headed(which game was dying since then). ever since 4.8 its been down hill. and literally most of NA will agree the games garbage and boring. nothing to do and it will never be the same pvp experience and never be a better pvp experience than any of the patchs pre 4.8. and no I wont take a break. because I quit 3 weeks after 6.0

Maybe we are misunderstanding what you are trying to say.

You gave an ultimatum to NCWest to either

• provide you with a master server
  • rollback all the servers to 4.8 because you enjoyed it
  • shut the game down

If you had said, "I don't like this patch because x, y and z. If you either put up a master server or rollback all the servers to 4.8, I will continue to play. Otherwise I am going to quit" that's a legit statement. Adding that if NCWest doesn't make -you- happy, they should pull the plug on the servers is really rather self-centered, don't you think? So I am going to assume that you didn't mean to come off as so self-absorbed with your original post and respond to your other points.

4.8 may have been more popular than 6.x, but it isn't popular -enough- to draw players back who left more than a year ago when the servers moved beyond 4.8.

@Timmain-KT is correct about the possibility of a master server. We just don't have the current population to sustain another server of any kind. A master server might bring people out for a month or so (just like EK did), but it will pull players from the other servers (just like EK did) in the short term and will be left empty in a month (just like EK is). 

I get that the current patch is a deal breaker for you. While most of us aren't thrilled with it, we aren't ready to make the same step that you have and quit. We may all get there in time, but that's our choice and not yours.

K kid, the full quote is "weren't near popular enough to draw in a new/old crowd that'll stick around for more than 10 minutes." That will stick around for more than 10 minutes. The full quote there completely changes my post's meaning. Because people would come back...for a month, and then we'd be back at square 1...or worse.

I played on Siel. I'm on KT. I've played since launch. I've seen every patch. I loved 4.7; that was my favorite patch, but none of those things mean anything now. The game is too old, mismanaged, and underfunded, and people have moved on to other games, for a 4.7 server to do anything more than kill the game further. 

4.8+ is garbage, but going back in time with a server isn't going to undo that. 

Archived