Explores the Philosophy Behind 6.0

Neleth-KT

Everything he said made sense, Neleth. When he said our ultimate goal is to become an Empyrean Lord, he meant our ultimate goal is attaining the ultimate transformation, which is an Empyrean Lord. 

If we really want to understand the changes in 6.x, we need to put it in context of Korea finally getting free2play. All the changes, including the limited end-game content, is all about getting people to spend real money. Look at the players in NA who run dozens of FMs each day. Look at the players who run dozens of dredgions each time they are up. Look at home much easier this event is if you are a prestige pack (premium) user. It's all $$$, which is the bottom line for -any- company.. gaming or otherwise.

This isn't a bad video. Wish our community had received something similar.

1 hour ago, Heuo-DN said:

At least Gameforge actually tries to show that they care....

Here's some news for you: they don't. It's just another weak PR move.

Neleth, the idea of becoming an Empyrean Lord roots back to 5.0, maybe even earlier than that. If you remember the elemental transformations, at some point NCSOFT thought of making it possible to activate all 4 to get the last one.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

the idea of becoming an Empyrean Lord roots back to 5.0, maybe even earlier than that. If you remember the elemental transformations, at some point NCSOFT thought of making it possible to activate all 4 to get the last one.

Yes you could see the lines after the eform connecting into a single point but blocked. That was a big tease for me i liked the Eforms and i was expecting like a Mega transform after unlocking all at same time XD.

But now we are not our own Empyrean Lord we are fake just copying the form of one Empyrean Lord, Kaisinel. How does this works with the Lore?  The Lord Kaisinel we knew since years ago its a ghost? An illusion? And we are the real Kaisinel? Dafuq xD

6 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Yes you could see the lines after the eform connecting into a single point but blocked. That was a big tease for me i liked the Eforms and i was expecting like a Mega transform after unlocking all at same time XD.

But now we are not our own Empyrean Lord we are fake just copying the form of one Empyrean Lord, Kaisinel. How does this works with the Lore?  The Lord Kaisinel we knew since years ago its a ghost? An illusion? And we are the real Kaisinel? Dafuq xD

It would have been more clever to build up the lore around the supposed 13th Empyrean Lord or have the last xform be the Archdaeva rather than remove the whole system.

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

There isnt any lore behind transformations. We are not a cat, we are not Krall, we are not Balaur. Its the same deal with candies and Mau Form.

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Another thing about 6.X for example cat transform has the Grumpy Black Cat for Male toons and the Cute white cat for Females. Where is our femminist Aion comunity now? You girls should be asking for Lady Kaisinela form ASAP 

Frankly Kaisinel looks more like a Kaisinela than a Kaisinel. So we're good. ^_^

Lady Tarha though. I mean, that belly button is all hot and all but

2 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Another thing about 6.X for example cat transform has the Grumpy Black Cat for Male toons and the Cute white cat for Females. Where is our femminist Aion comunity now? You girls should be asking for Lady Kaisinela form ASAP 

Lady Lumiel transform, lol

I think it kinda sucks that NC doesn't care about the lore anymore, right now it's a complete mess. It was quite a good idea with the Archdaeva, just executed poorly. What sucks even more is that they kill off Ereshkigal in 6.5 when she barely got her show even started.

I think xforms have nothing to do with the lore.

But everything that they had planned for 6.0 before Refly was scrapped. We never got the final Archdaeva Xform (by the way, all elemental skills are STILL registered on databases, maybe it will comeback in a way we don't know yet). They shortened Ereshkigal part in the game and killed her like she was nothing. And you know Aion 6.0 is a very reduced version of the game we used to know...  but we have some reasons for that.

Anyway, so who are we (our character) now? We sacrificed ourselves during Scarring, so who is our character now? Newly created characters are just some people who no longer ascend (or re-ascend) but get selected into daevahood by Kaisie after hitting training dummy - mkay. But what about the old characters?

Well old characters are what we played them to be. New characters are selected as having Daeva potential by an avatar of Kaisinel, who would know, and tested. 

I get what you are saying. Comparing the two stories, the old stories are far more interesting. It was really interesting to me that the Asmodians, who are supposed to be darker, have a story steeped in potential and hope and the Elyos, who are supposed to be lighter, have a story mired in betrayal. Now both sides are essentially the same. So the new story is very uncomplicated and pretty much the same Elyos side and Asmodian side. But it isn't a -bad- story nor is is unheroic. The one component that I like in the new story is that it gives our characters a vested interest in killing the other side, since we would want to avenge our friend.

It's a change. Not any easy one, but change is rarely easy.

Archived