KR - Popular games. - Aion @15th (Jan 23-29 2019)

PuppyLove-KT

Since when is ranking 15th at anything a sign of "doing well"? Anyways, looking at that list forces me to call into question native Korean gamer tastes. I mean...Maplestory 4th?  

Really?!? 

Suddenly the carefully catered changes to Aion, (like forced furry transformations), start to make sense somehow.

Korean players want totally different things in a game than NA players. That's a fact and something Aion has struggled with. 

Someone posted a youtube episode talking about how Aion was supposed to be NCWest's big breakthrough into the Western market but how it failed since it continued to cater to the Korean players.

So really none of this should be a surprise.

What would be really nice is if NCSoft would make changes to Aion to make it more palatable to the Western market. It's funny. They also publish Guild Wars 2 which is Western game developed to cater to Western tastes. So they aren't complete ignorant to what Western players like and don't like.

9 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Korean players want totally different things in a game than NA players. That's a fact and something Aion has struggled with. 

Someone posted a youtube episode talking about how Aion was supposed to be NCWest's big breakthrough into the Western market but how it failed since it continued to cater to the Korean players.

So really none of this should be a surprise.

What would be really nice is if NCSoft would make changes to Aion to make it more palatable to the Western market. It's funny. They also publish Guild Wars 2 which is Western game developed to cater to Western tastes. So they aren't complete ignorant to what Western players like and don't like.

I've always wanted THE SAME game as KR. We shoukd have the same game and the same shop.

Archived