When RNG hates you... You get ideas apparently !

Amodia-KT

Would you like to see this implemented in the game?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this implemented in the game?

• Yes
    • No

After doing lots of FM & BoS runs lately and getting only one piece of gloves ( Bless RNJesus :/ ) I've got an idea:

- Add special currency which drops from bosses there.  (coins or w/e) 

- Add NPC vendor in main city for said currency.

-Vendor sells items from the instances at some reasonable prices. (e.g. chest piece 12 coins, pants 10 coins, rest 7 and the same goes for accessories and weapons)

-Make an incentive to buy Prestige Pass by giving one or two coins per week of PP.

For people who don't need gear add other stuff like: 

1. A special permanent mount for lots of coins. (200 coins should be good) 

2. Legendary Enchantment Stones PvE (20 coins for 1 Stone).

3. Ancient Daevanion Skill Box & Legendary Daevanion Skill Box. (50 & 80 coins maybe)

4. Ancient Transformation Contract (40 coins each).

That way people will still have to put a lot of time and effort into the game, but at the end it will feel rewarding and will keep them playing instead(at least in my humble opinion 9_9)

I'd love to see what people think about all of this so don't be shy and give your comment! :x

(English is not my native language and I'm sorry if I made any mistakes)

I'd like to see something like that. I think there are other games that manage to do it.

Some things that have use in pvp might have to be obscenely priced/attainable with a pvp currency, but I'd love to have a way to play the game and know I'm guaranteed to eventually get that piece of gear. RNG alone is a stupid mechanic, especially if you might always lose and get nothing.

IS had something like this. There was a quest where you could turn in every 10 runs, I think, that gave you a box with gear in it. Don't think it was for the best gear, but was for the lesser/gold gear.

I do like the idea, though. Well thought out. 

I had to leave for work when I posted it and now  I see I forgot to mention some things. I don't think there should be vendor for ultimate gear or if there is it should be for some extremely overpriced. End game gear is supposed to be hard to obtain unlike the gear from FM and BoS which should be easier to access. Right now you may take a few weeks to get full CoE gear  if you are unlucky and that is not very healthy for the game in general in my opinion. And like we know CoE gear is nothing special.

FM and BoS gear allow you to start running end game instances and things there are even worse than CoE. You might get the same item that you already have over and over, you might get a drop for other class and even if you get the item you need you might have to roll for it since there is another player who needs it as well.  And to make it even "better" you have only 4 runs per week. To keep things real someone might get every single piece from these instances in 2 to 3 week while another person might have to run them for months  and still need half the stuff there.

I forgot to mention that when I suggested the pricing of the items I had in mind that you get one coin every time you kill the final boss in the instance. This way with or without Prestige Pass it will still take months to get what you need, but at least you know you  will get it eventually.

I think endgame gear should be in there (with tokens from beating PF/IDD, not from the other three instances) because there's nothing so joyous as running an instance literally 100+ times and only having two pieces of your gear, and then the next patch comes out before you can finish your set, completely invalidating that gear. xD Making it high priced makes it difficult, since you have to beat the instance repeatedly, without being obscene. (I think FFXIV does it that way? I haven't played in a while.)

Like I mentioned, RNG is a stupid gate mechanic that you can lose with 100 times in a row. I had friends never complete their IS sets even after 150+ runs of the instance while others got their full sets in <50 runs (which is crazy, too). :(

On 3/2/2019 at 1:59 PM, Aly-DN said:

IS had something like this. There was a quest where you could turn in every 10 runs, I think, that gave you a box with gear in it. Don't think it was for the best gear, but was for the lesser/gold gear.

I do like the idea, though. Well thought out. 

mmm that quest gave pretty crappy gear.

i think the best example is Protectorate Coin shop in TS  Garden from where you could get the best gear at that moment, ice skins and a mount.

Archived