Arena of Harmony | Queue Into Your Alts

17s4D21B-KT

Makes perfect sense that if you make a second group of alts and queue your main into it for FREE wins you can have 40 players receiving the rank 1 reward of 10x ultimate PvP enchantment stone.

Very fair for the players who actually want to fight another team in harmony. Its nice you fixed the arena ranking but now there is no point to do anything BUT queue into your own alt to win the PvP stones at the end of the season. 

Now instead of playing the arena and receiving rewards at the end of the season based on your performance you should just make sure to queue into afk alts so you can guarantee 10x ultimate PvP stones. Please don't let 50 people get FREE ultimate pvp stones for avoiding playing the game.

f6c5a9052e.png63ebe70b62.png

@Cyan

3 hours ago, 17s4D21B-KT said:

Makes perfect sense that if you make a second group of alts and queue your main into it for FREE wins you can have 40 players receiving the rank 1 reward of 10x ultimate PvP enchantment stone.

Very fair for the players who actually want to fight another team in harmony. Its nice you fixed the arena ranking but now there is no point to do anything BUT queue into your own alt to win the PvP stones at the end of the season. 

Now instead of playing the arena and receiving rewards at the end of the season based on your performance you should just make sure to queue into afk alts so you can guarantee 10x ultimate PvP stones. Please don't let 50 people get FREE ultimate pvp stones for avoiding playing the game.

f6c5a9052e.png63ebe70b62.png

@Cyan

Aion pvp is very serious you know people tend to dodge and queue alts for easy wins nothing new about it

Just now, Germ-DN said:

Aion pvp is very serious you know people tend to dodge and queue alts for easy wins you know nothing new about it

ofc there is nothing new about it. Annoying people seeing all of the random people who wont win if they had to fight any team getting 10x red stones while people who didnt queue into their alts wont get anything.

Dodging and queuing against your alts has been going on since arenas were added. If the rewards weren't quite so good, it wouldn't happen.

If there is a way to rig the system, players are going to and have always found a way to.

You can try to report them or send a PM to @Cyan to try and find a way around this, but I am doubtful anything will be done.

you guys are so quick to judge...

there are a lot of healers and some strong names in that list that really don't need to cheat to get those results.  i'm not saying that nobody cheats but do not put everyone in the same bag. 

Talking about experience there it is a Matchmaking system in Aion, when competition rankings are working and you reach high places ( My Highest in 5.8 was top 30 ) you get matched 80% of the times with strong people near your rank. 

4 hours ago, Unskilled-KT said:

Simple solution is to find opponents close to your rank. Isnt that how most matchmaking games working? CS, Dota, Pubg? 

I agree that this is definitely needed in some way, but the issue is that Aion is a really small game compared to games like CS, Overwatch, League, etc.  It would thus take an eternity for players at the bottom or top of the ladder to find a queue.

On a side not, how do I even see the rankings from in game?

1 hour ago, Valse-KT said:

I agree that this is definitely needed in some way, but the issue is that Aion is a really small game compared to games like CS, Overwatch, League, etc.  It would thus take an eternity for players at the bottom or top of the ladder to find a queue.

On a side not, how do I even see the rankings from in game?

na just make the harmony queue open twice a week for 1 hour and it fixes everything. no where to run

9 hours ago, Unskilled-KT said:

Simple solution is to find opponents close to your rank. Isnt that how most matchmaking games working? CS, Dota, Pubg? 

I wonder what rank if you're talking about, if you mean competition ranking or army officer ranking.

If you mean competition ranking that's a nice way to fix it since those ppl with 2k competition points won't be matched against their alts with like idk 800 points? You can also add ELO so that the bigger the difference is the less gain the winner with more points (and if the 1 with low points win he gets a ton of points) with the other side losing the same amount of points.

If you meant army officer ranking that won't work, myself I have like 90k GP but can't keep army rank due to sieges being like at 4am for me and there's many ppl like it, just look at the ranking list where player around 300th place have just a few GP compared to what it used to be (~80k?)

4 hours ago, Magistone-KT said:

If you mean competition ranking that's a nice way to fix it since those ppl with 2k competition points won't be matched against their alts with like idk 800 points?

You can also add ELO so that the bigger the difference is the less gain the winner with more points (and if the 1 with low points win he gets a ton of points) with the other side losing the same amount of points.

I guess people don't do arenas too much or they don't pay attention  xD

When Competition Ranking it's active (NOT officers rank) our arena system works just like you said.
(note that 1st week can be less precise coz nobody has rank)

The more higher your rank is, the more accurate the matchmaking is, Top 100 upwards  80% of the times you get strong opponents near your rank, ofc the system is not perfect, players can dodge you forcing somebody else in the waiting list to enter in your match or just there are not many players from your Rank to que at the moment, when this happens and you get a low rank opponent you win really small amount of points  1 to 3.   On the other hand if you beat someone of higher rank you win a big amount, around 12 points and the defeated opponent loses that same amount.

On 2/5/2019 at 6:42 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

All we can do is feel embarrassed on behalf of people who take a game that seriously. *shrug*

Hold on, so why is it this is about people being too serious about winning or losing?

Do you think they're doing it because they're afraid to lose, or that it's just another venue to grind resources?

Seems like the smart idea to me, if it means getting ahead without dropping a dollar then why not? I mean, if your pride is in the way that's on you.

Unless of course it's bannable.

(I am so legit I even stopped using Shugo Console... Gotta say, game is running much smoother and once I got used it again I'm able to stay on top of targets more often as a melee... weird.)

How can you dictate what their primary concern is?

I couldn't care less if I am on top or not, especially while I'm grinding to get gear that would make it easier to put me there.

It's not about having too much pride or being terrified; they're ignoring that and prioritizing this game how they should, especially if they want that top spot. It makes zero sense to waste time and potential when there is a better alternative with near-guaranteed rewards as another option.

And, if it's legal, it ain't a cheat; it's a resource you have chosen not to access.

Additional: Please don't take this as condescending or an attack or negativity or personal. People's choices are there own, I have no intent to demean others for them.

And so taking that to it's logical conclusion, everyone is going to queue and pass until they get their own alt and every person will tie for the top position.. except those that are legit looking for a challenge and to test their skill. If that's the case, why not just give everyone on the server the top rewards?

As to if this is illegal, I am pretty sure it's against some rule somewhere but just like how it used to be against some rule to afk in dredg and people would get 3 day bans for doing it. When the game went ftp, it was announced that afking was no longer going to be punished via Support tickets. Whatever rule was being used to temp ban people before was no longer going to be applied. So even if there is some rule against "fixing" arenas by only playing against your own alt, I highly doubt Support is going to do anything about it.

It's why I put zero faith in those rankings. They literally mean nothing. Just being on the top of that list does not make you good. 

6 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

And so taking that to it's logical conclusion, everyone is going to queue and pass until they get their own alt and every person will tie for the top position.. except those that are legit looking for a challenge and to test their skill. If that's the case, why not just give everyone on the server the top rewards?

As to if this is illegal, I am pretty sure it's against some rule somewhere but just like how it used to be against some rule to afk in dredg and people would get 3 day bans for doing it. When the game went ftp, it was announced that afking was no longer going to be punished via Support tickets. Whatever rule was being used to temp ban people before was no longer going to be applied. So even if there is some rule against "fixing" arenas by only playing against your own alt, I highly doubt Support is going to do anything about it.

It's why I put zero faith in those rankings. They literally mean nothing. Just being on the top of that list does not make you good. 

Preach! Totally agree. Now this is a more realistic assessment toward the issue and a great example of why we shouldn't concern ourselves with 'rankings'. 

I won't speak for anyone else, but for myself a rating is just a rating; it's the fight I'm having at that time that gives me goosebumps or a sense of pride. I can and will draw resources from where I need, as long as it isn't actually punishable or deemed officially illegal, and I will then base my own confidence in my prowess off of what I can actually do in a fight.

If I want anyone to 'think I'm good', they can ask to watch me or duel me.

Many edits for punctuation.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Not at all. No hard feelings here. :)

You’re trying to legitimize an exploit, really? Do you really expect that queuing against your own alt is legitimate? 

7 minutes ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

I wonder what the official opinion is. @Cyan?

I hope the official opinion is to close the thread, since really, when an alt starts jumping into this to put in some twisted logic to justify laziness it’s time for it to die.

42 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

You’re trying to legitimize an exploit, really? Do you really expect that queuing against your own alt is legitimate? 

I hope the official opinion is to close the thread, since really, when an alt starts jumping into this to put in some twisted logic to justify laziness it’s time for it to die.

Uh, unfortunately this is not an alt. This is the one, singular account I now currently operate and, beyond that, I don't have an alt in-game I play, just my one and only Glad, Unsung, on DN-A. Feel free to discuss with me;

Using or not using exploits is a matter of ruling first and personal preference second, and clearly is determined by how seriously you insert your honour into a game. Now, I agree it is an exploit. I won't deny that, and I both understand and respect your zero-tolerance (I'm assuming, correct me if I am wrong as I'm not terribly comfortable with doing so) policy on that. Now, please know that I am not trying to endorse or promote exploiting something that we are forbidden to do, as stated as a rule. This is why I linked Cyan, in order to determine whether or not this is a feasible resource to use. I do want to play by the rules, but by actual rules and not moral rules. I find that, especially in a video game, playing by such a... diligent creed may or may not actually help you.

-First and foremost, is it legal/punishable? This, at the end of the day is all that matters.

-Secondly, are you truly hurting other players by doing so in a way that stops them from progressing on their own terms? I can't see that being the case, as if you play by the rules you're likely to get smashed and fail progression anyway. If someone dodges you however, I'd like to confirm if there is a loss of resources? I can't remember at this exact moment.

-Thirdly, if the resource does not effect anyone negatively outside of 'ranking' which we have all determined means little to nothing (this can be said for a variety of games) then you should be free to utilize it. Even then, this depends on your moral compass and how willing you are to attempt to succeed in this video game. Typically that's how winning in Aion, in all regards, is done; going a bit of an extra mile.

I will not and have not partaken in this activity, and to reiterate, nor would I until I have the information I need to ensure I am not breaking an official rule that will result in punishment or another players game-play being hindered. However, if the player I'm screwing over is on the other faction... well... I can walk away feeling -good- about it, again as long as it isn't against the official rules. I can understand your perspective, however your initial response doesn't seem to dictate that you have grasped the full details and aspect of the topic, and that your creed answered for you...

Please. I would love to continue the discussion, but I want to make sure who I am discussing it with is on the same, full page.

Archived