Arena of Harmony | Queue Into Your Alts

17s4D21B-KT

Isnt that what people wanted? You could check rankings as soon as the arena ends and can see who you fought/lost/ win against. Gratz to those free wins who won when paired against me because of the absolute morons i'm always paired up with.  There were suggestions on pairing up matches that might fix rigging matches but yeah...  99% gear carried game.

7 hours ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

Uh, unfortunately this is not an alt. This is the one, singular account I now currently operate and, beyond that, I don't have an alt in-game I play, just my one and only Glad, Unsung, on DN-A. Feel free to discuss with me;

Using or not using exploits is a matter of ruling first and personal preference second, and clearly is determined by how seriously you insert your honour into a game. Now, I agree it is an exploit. I won't deny that, and I both understand and respect your zero-tolerance (I'm assuming, correct me if I am wrong as I'm not terribly comfortable with doing so) policy on that. Now, please know that I am not trying to endorse or promote exploiting something that we are forbidden to do, as stated as a rule. This is why I linked Cyan, in order to determine whether or not this is a feasible resource to use. I do want to play by the rules, but by actual rules and not moral rules. I find that, especially in a video game, playing by such a... diligent creed may or may not actually help you.

-First and foremost, is it legal/punishable? This, at the end of the day is all that matters.

-Secondly, are you truly hurting other players by doing so in a way that stops them from progressing on their own terms? I can't see that being the case, as if you play by the rules you're likely to get smashed and fail progression anyway. If someone dodges you however, I'd like to confirm if there is a loss of resources? I can't remember at this exact moment.

-Thirdly, if the resource does not effect anyone negatively outside of 'ranking' which we have all determined means little to nothing (this can be said for a variety of games) then you should be free to utilize it. Even then, this depends on your moral compass and how willing you are to attempt to succeed in this video game. Typically that's how winning in Aion, in all regards, is done; going a bit of an extra mile.

I will not and have not partaken in this activity, and to reiterate, nor would I until I have the information I need to ensure I am not breaking an official rule that will result in punishment or another players game-play being hindered. However, if the player I'm screwing over is on the other faction... well... I can walk away feeling -good- about it, again as long as it isn't against the official rules. I can understand your perspective, however your initial response doesn't seem to dictate that you have grasped the full details and aspect of the topic, and that your creed answered for you...

Please. I would love to continue the discussion, but I want to make sure who I am discussing it with is on the same, full page.

OK, well let's use an analogy.I could register for a marathon.Instead of running it, I get in my car and drive to the finish line, and beat the fastest runner in the world.Well, what do you know- no one one thought to write that down in the rule book!Do I feel anywhere as good about that win as when I actually run the marathon? No- that win is meaningless.

Just as the meaningless "wins" that anyone says are OK since they aren't against "the rules"  - as if a game will clearly explain all the exploits- they will not and never do. Typically - if it seems like an exploit it like IS an exploit.  The fact that you aren't getting caught is NOT "all that matters".  Funny, the people who use exploits usually write longest walls of text in order to try to convince others (and likely themselves) that it's OK, and that they aren't hurting anyone, but it really isn't OK to "screw over" anyone  and exploits DO have negative effects. on others - that other faction isn't a bunch of NPCs. . The fact that I recognize that I am interacting with actual human beings means that no, I won't leave my morality out of this. Maybe you haven't fully grasped the full details and aspect that you aren't just interacting with NPCs?

13 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

OK, well let's use an analogy.I could register for a marathon.Instead of running it, I get in my car and drive to the finish line, and beat the fastest runner in the world.Well, what do you know- no one one thought to write that down in the rule book!Do I feel anywhere as good about that win as when I actually run the marathon? No- that win is meaningless.

Just as the meaningless "wins" that anyone says are OK since they aren't against "the rules"  - as if a game will clearly explain all the exploits- they will not and never do. Typically - if it seems like an exploit it like IS an exploit.  The fact that you aren't getting caught is NOT "all that matters".  Funny, the people who use exploits usually write longest walls of text in order to try to convince others (and likely themselves) that it's OK, and that they aren't hurting anyone, but it really isn't OK to "screw over" anyone  and exploits DO have negative effects. on others - that other faction isn't a bunch of NPCs. . The fact that I recognize that I am interacting with actual human beings means that no, I won't leave my morality out of this. Maybe you haven't fully grasped the full details and aspect that you aren't just interacting with NPCs?

Thanks for the reply Rapier, I apologize ahead of time for the long-winded post...

I think I have a bit more of an affinity with this post than you may realize, which is fine. 

There are few people around the forums that remember who I am and how much I do care about people, other players and what I did try to do for the people of my faction and server back in 4.x. I sincerely take people's feelings into consideration when making choices, even in OW PvP or combat. I -am- the guy who will leave the lowbies alone, I -am- the guy who will try not to engage in active fights if it means I am interrupting a balanced experience for someone else. Obviously this isn't 100% of the time.

On IS-A, I was Aftershock. A Templar and temporary (and poor) faction co-leader. At that time it was half glory half wanting to make a better server for the players that lived there. Many people, I hope, would describe me as a fair player, generally respectful but, at the time, quite full of myself and littered with many mistakes in my past. Back then I took this game far too seriously. In short without further deviation, I fully understand there are other players who are real, true people with feelings that span a vast spectrum of sensitivity. It is not like I haven't experienced bouts of anger or sadness because of Aion myself... However, I tempered myself and learned to not let it bother me, as, at the end of the day, it is in part the nature of life and the game. This can't be said for everyone and is not possible for everyone. However, this is life and I can't control what others experience as I myself am human, though I do try my hardest these days to be mindful of others... However,

Aion, to its core, is based on some form of competition or another. Players of the opposing faction are my opponents... Actually, anyone in that arena is my opponent. Although I too believe Cyan will and should come back to us with "It is not allowed, it is punishable, do not do it", what do you think you will make of it if he avoids answering the question or is unable to provide a firm answer? 

Touching on the analogy... Although I understand, I don't believe it was adequate in describing what we are discussing. Perhaps embellished, even. 

Now, after defending myself (which I really don't believe I should have to do), I see you as a person who perhaps can be reached on equal grounds through civil, considerate discussion. If the length of my conversation is the defining point that dictates you to wish or not wish to carry on a conversation void of accusation and assumption... Perhaps it is better left unsaid beyond this point. I think it is unfortunate we appear to be on the same side and yet you may view me as an enemy. I want not to break rules.

Simply put, at the end of the day it is a delicate balance... I simply sway it more to my benefit than another. In life, for every action, there is a reaction; causality; I do understand.

To follow, I am so on board with not breaking rules I even refused to use Shugo Console. I since uninstalled it. Before anyone tries to tell me the new anti-cheat would stop it from working, I had the work-around and it was able to function.

It's no longer being used. Only Wtfast. These are words to you, perhaps meaningless, but I have no other method at the moment to produce to you a common ground we can communicate from in a moral perspective.

Archived