AP ACQUISITION IS A JOKE

Zombiex-DN

So we can farm 8kk ap per week aprox, and we need 12kk ap (aprox) per piece to upgrade a legendary one to ultimate ........ we need to upgrade 17 pieces so...... 17 *12 = 204kk of AP

204kk AP / 8 kk ap per week = 25 weeks to farm 204kk of ap .........  its 6 months to farm the necesary ap to upgrade my gear from legendary to ultimate (im not counting from ancient to legendary) .............. WELL I NEED TO PLAY 6 MONTHS WINNING ALL MY RUNS AND NOT LOSSING/MISSING ANY SINGLE INSTANCE......  ofc the nextpatch will come before that

:D

You could always use Luna as well for additional AP. 

Next update won’t be for at least 6 more months, gives you plenty of time.

It took nearly as long to get 80 ap gear 4.8 , and there was no way to get around it. Not the AP part of it, but the soul stones, you could get a max of like 55 a week

1 hour ago, Zombiex-DN said:

So we can farm 8kk ap per week aprox, and we need 12kk ap (aprox) per piece to upgrade a legendary one to ultimate ........ we need to upgrade 17 pieces so...... 17 *12 = 204kk of AP

204kk AP / 8 kk ap per week = 25 weeks to farm 204kk of ap .........  its 6 months to farm the necesary ap to upgrade my gear from legendary to ultimate (im not counting from ancient to legendary) .............. WELL I NEED TO PLAY 6 MONTHS WINNING ALL MY RUNS AND NOT LOSSING/MISSING ANY SINGLE INSTANCE......  ofc the nextpatch will come before that

Well, you have arenas as well, officers ap weeklies and competition ranking. Also perhaps panesterra should have been working, but its not. IMO, there should be more forts and siege everyday.

Anyway, 6.0 lasted around 10 months on Korea. I expect it to last more here. Also, you are forgetting about craft gear. You can chose some pieces to craft instead of wasting ap on them.

There are a lot of things worth complaining about in Aion, chiefly: how over the last decade this game has become noticeably worse, while the other games created in the meantime have become much better. 

However, AP acquisition is not an issue. 

You’re worried about it taking 6 months of consistent play to reach full endgame gear? That... sounds about right. 

I’m trying to think how long it took us to reach full endgame gear in 1.X, 2.X, 3.X, and 4.X... I don’t have the numbers in front of me but 6 months in an MMO doesn’t seem that long at all.

I mean, shit man in 5.X some of us had to farm that alliance world boss (Ferson?) everyday for 6 months just to get our WEAPON, let alone a full endgame PVP set. 

I used to get 2x AP with the Abyssal Star, but they removed those from game, I had like 200 left since 5.8 that I didn't use, and it worked even on instances, 800k AP in a winning AD/EC/ID but they worn off pretty fast.

I even thought about getting lunas just to get additional pvp instance entries for this specific reason.

Is it fully +15 and ready to upgrade? (I'm assuming this is the the real gear and now the winged gear).

If you're like, actually set to go ahead and flip the whole set I'd see the problem being more dire. However, lots of people have lots of work and other things to do to build into their final pvp set. 6 months, all wins, is a LOT, totally hear that. Just wondering what the reality is on being prepped to actually require all those resources immediately, or even in the next 2 months pending your activity and luck.

6 minutes ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

Is it fully +15 and ready to upgrade? (I'm assuming this is the the real gear and now the winged gear).

If you're like, actually set to go ahead and flip the whole set I'd see the problem being more dire. However, lots of people have lots of work and other things to do to build into their final pvp set. 6 months, all wins, is a LOT, totally hear that. Just wondering what the reality is on being prepped to actually require all those resources immediately, or even in the next 2 months pending your activity and luck.

Real pvp gear? what? All 3 sets turned into one set in 7.0 if its +15. no need to spend any extra resources.

3 hours ago, Zombiex-DN said:

I started this patch with less than 1m AP. At this moment, I have 83m. Seeing as how my enchanting RNG sucks, I'm pretty confident I'll have the AP needed to upgrade everything when the time comes (I've already upgraded various pieces, btw). So no, AP gain should not be an issue this patch.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

They were not removed from the game. In fact, they were an event reward in the event before this most recent one.

When i said removed I meant there is no way to get them actively, I had 200 of them since 5.8, getting it from a sh**ty event is not a way to accumulate those.

They used to sell on BCM as well, I would gladly buy them, but NCWest wants to end the game, they have removed all means of making money from people now, people cannot buy from BCM and sell in game for example.

mmmm

200M Ap for a full set.... And the cap in the legion ranking is just 4.3B (?) .... 

now we have many legions in the cap and they can not get more points or get a better rank. Also I see that so few people is really farming AP now, Most of the legions are not increasing the points so fast. (including me)

oh. but about the topic....

The best Abyss gear was always hard to get. It is not supposed to be obtained in less than 6 months. I do not think is a joke, actually is one of the few things that they keep in the same way since years ago. 

@Zombiex-DN It would be interesting to see where you are in your progression.

unknown.png

This is where i sit in my current gear progression. +13 Shield +10 wings rest is +0-4 with all yellow items +15 aside from helmet and i have no PvP weapon as of yet. With this being said and the lack of AP i currently have i still feel that unknown.png All these items are my current bottle necks not AP.

I can not make it to all sieges nor is my prime playtime during the time the PvP instances are open but even still i feel bottle necked by these materials. Please note that i also did not play for the first 2 months on this character. I played on EK so my gains is pretty unrealistic compared to others who have played on the same server since patch launch.

7 hours ago, Zombiex-DN said:

WELL I NEED TO PLAY 6 MONTHS WINNING ALL MY RUNS AND NOT LOSSING/MISSING ANY SINGLE INSTANCE......  ofc the nextpatch will come before that

Skimmed through all the replies but

In 6months, if we have 6.5, which does not add new pvp gear, we're lucky. Prolly won't get 7.0 until August, if not even later. It's not a disaster if you're not full geared 3months into the patch... unless you consider seppuku after each loss, then wew lad.

1 hour ago, tortoise-DN said:

Getting stones is harder than getting AP...

Fragments here and there if you have kinah or time to farm. AP and frags aren't a problem lol you should be more concerned about stones to + up your gear

well AP and Spirit Fragments definitely have their weight in the gearing process it isn't something to take so lightly

Lets do some rough estimate calculations, For example:

to extract an Ancient Ring it cost 9500 AP and gives us 2 fragments =  4500 AP per fragment
to extract an Ultimate Ring it cost 152.000 AP and give us around 70 fragment =  2200 AP per fragments
So an Average could be 3300 AP per fragment

Then to upgrade a full set from Ancient to Ultimate we need around 5.000 fragments.

Then enchanting, lets say we use for each Legendary items 1 ultimate from +9 to +10 and 2 from +13 to +15, the success rate its pretty good so lets say we only fail 1 time each try.

So that its 6 ulti stones x 17 pieces of gear = 102 ulti stones.

Lets apply the same process to Ultimate gear but with really bad RNG lets say failing twice the times. so 12 stones per piece.   12 stones x 17 pieces = 204 

Total Ultimate stone = 306   
To morph 1 we need 25 fragments, so  306 x 25 = 7650 fragments

But first we need to Morph the Legendary stones to get all those ultimates.  so 306 x 5 =  1530 legendary stones

So this means we need 15300 fragments to morph them

Total amount of fragments =  23500 approximately   so this multiplied by our averge of 3300 AP each give us around   78 M  AP 

TL;DR   Fragments needed:   5k for full set + 15300 to morph legendary stones + 7650 to morph ulti stones = 23450 

AP needed only to obtain fragments 78 M    

(only to enchant hard stages +9 , +14 & +15)

Notice me @mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT  Senpai !!1!1  can i be your dumb math disciple ??

23 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

In Dredgion, Idgel Dome, and Evangle Canyon, AP reward are as follows:

• 364,000 for a win
  • 182,000 for a loss

From what I remember, that applies to fortress sieges too.

I have gotten 200k AP for a losing siege and 800k Ap for a winning one in lakrum. I remember the 800.000 number in the mail box when the siege is over. For that I am sure.

But if you buy luna entries you can literally get al the AP you need for all items within 1~2 weeks max, you can do +10 entries per day in the instance that runs at that moment and we have the instances open for total of 8 hours, plenty of time to do a lot as long as you can spare some real money.

Archived