Forums

Chanter supp combo?

GenericUser27810

Hello :) You mention instances, so I assume you are talking about pve, correct? If so, may I recommend removing your full support spec stigmas and going dps or hybrid spec? The reason I say this is because Elemental Screen is mostly useless in pve. Its defenses were not boosted with this patch to match the absurd amount of aoe damage from endgame bosses. Elemental Screen is still good for pvp though. Similarly, Word of Protection is not useful in pve and is more of a pvp stigma. (WoP was nerfed in this patch and many of us don't use it anymore in pvp, but that's up to you.) Also, I see you have Rejuvenating Spell. With that, you do not need to socket Healing Burst. Personally, I still keep Word of Life in even with Rejuvenating Spell because I have all +9 stigmas and have the extra slots for it -- and their HoTs stack. However, if you only have space for 6 stigmas, I would recommend removing Word of Life since you have Rejuvenating. So if you remove full support spec stigmas and socket Word of Inspiration, you can still buff yourself and your group (the difference between Instigation and Inspiration isn't big), and you can really increase your dps which is what you are looking to do. Here are the stigmas I usually use in group pve instances:

http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/c9D9H9C9J9I9N9L9M75

Socketing Mountain Crash and Blessing of Wind will really improve your dps. I also choose to socket Blessing of Stone instead of a Major stigma, but you could do Numbing Blow if you prefer.

I understand that going with stigmas dps would be a solution, but it's not what I'm looking for. On the new server we are still not very well equipped, so going with a supp chanter is necessary for PF or IDD. That's why I need a combo with those stigmas. Combo for normal skills.

8 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

However, I'm going to try that combination too

Could also try playing with what manastones you have socketed. More physical att or crit. Not sure wat is best for us these days.

there was an earlier discussion that suggested phys att was better than crit for 2 handed weapons, it is def cheaper.

Maybe someone else can confirm/deny?

I appreciate the advice, really, but with this post I'm just looking for a combo, a recommended order for the skills, if there is any. Only that. Just a picture of the order in which they throw their skills, if you consider that cooldown is well coordinated, and things like that

On 9/2/2019 at 4:50 AM, Shiftie-DN said:

there was an earlier discussion that suggested phys att was better than crit for 2 handed weapons, it is def cheaper.

Btw, I understand that phys att is better for PvE, and crit for PvP, at least that's what ppl say

Archived