After the last P2W update EU is angry as hell

Elano-DN

After the last P2W update perform by Gameforge on the Luna and all the problems we had since the 5.6 update EU players are protesting at Poeta on the Rookie server. All the players from all the EU countries are united to manifest against the changes! And it's looking great so far ^^ For the moment EU players are more than 2500 !

1505666701-aion0942.jpg

1505666714-aion0940.jpg

1505666714-aion0939.jpg

Pardon me for not following EU Aion, but what exactly did Gameforge do with their version of 5.6 that made the game too pay2win

Gameforge nerf Tower of Challange & nerf new luna rewards too

And we have suspicion that nerf chance get bundle of supplements from GoK but that is not officialy confirm

We lost every free apes (omega stones) sources

And what is radicilous is that a moderatiors deleting and censor a post about this protest for no reason... maybe they forgot about democratic rights

13 minutes ago, Meuxi-IS said:

Gameforge nerf Tower of Challange & nerf new luna rewards too

And we have suspicion that nerf chance get bundle of supplements from GoK but that is not officialy confirm

We lost every free apes (omega stones) sources

And what is radicilous is that a moderatiors deleting and censor a post about this protest for no reason... maybe they forgot about democratic rights

Nerf the rewards for Luna and Tower how? Just trying to get a sense of what they took away from you all. And you mean that omegas are no longer in the drop table at all? They don't drop from any instances? Or do you mean that you no longer have a chance to get the untradeable ones from Luna?

Well. You actually don't have democratic rights on their forums or in their game. (The same is true here.) Gameforge owns their forums and they own the rights to Aion in Europe. When you own something you get to set the rules. If their rule is that they don't allow negative comments about their game on the forums they own, then they can remove any post that they wish. It makes them look bad to do that, but they have every right to remove and censor anything they wish because they own those forums. 

Last 13th Sept, we had a server maintenance with big changes on the Luna rewards...  see here :

Greetings, Daeva!

As many of you may have already realized, the two Luna instances offer more interesting rewards now than in the past. Since the release of update 5.6 we have been observing the changes and effects on the servers with every adjustment we make to a game function.

After close observation, we have reached the conclusion that the rewards are in need of some changes. Since update 5.6 the chances of success with an All-Powerful Enchantment Stone with use of Mighty Socketing Aids within the range of +1 to +15 has increased 100 percent. With the increase to the success chance in connection with the higher chance of receiving Mighty Socketing Aids, players now need less All-Powerful Enchantment Stones to reach a certain upgrade level than ever before.
Subsequently, we have decided to adjust the rewards in two instances: in Mechanerk's Weapons Factory and in Hell Pass.

In Mechanerk's Weapons Factory, we have reduced the amount of manastones that you receive from the Mechanerk's Special Gold Chest. We have also reduced the chance of receiving Holy Upgrade Serum from Mechanerk's Noble Treasure Chest and Mechanerk's Powerful Treasure Chest.
In Hell Pass we have reduced the chances of receiving the item All-Powerful Enchantment Stone from the Superior Hell Pass Reward Bundle and the Premium Hell Pass Reward Bundle.

We are certain the game provides a measured and fair amount of items. The changes will be effective from the server maintenance on Wednesday, 13th September.
Please note that these rewards will not be removed and will be available as before. All that has changed is the chance of receiving the item as the amount of dropped rewards was substantially higher than anticipated.

We assure you that we will be watching the results of the changes very closely.

The AION Team

https://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/2359-Discussion-Thread-Luna-after-13th-Sept-2017/?pageNo=1

And as we all QQ on EU forums because of the changes in Luna, GF also added a new event with some Omega stones, primary stones and Holy upgrade serum and another Cash shop reward with also the same rewards (how conveniant)...

And they after all this, they published this news to try to convince us that is not a CashShop related nerf :

Dear Daevas,

We want to address the current situation with the changes to the Luna instances that went online with this weeks maintenance. We have seen your feedback and it was more than clear, that you are not happy about these changes. We understand this and we want to elaborate on our reasons behind the decision and our plans for the coming weeks regarding how to handle this.

First of all, we have to admit that our communication about these changes was less than ideal and we want to apologize for the unrest and unhappiness this has caused. This has been brought up in your feedback for these changes and we agree. We lowered the amount of Manastones and the chances to get APES and Serums from the Luna instances, since we do not believe that the amount of the items was in a good relation to the effort players had to invest to get them. Most players are simply AFK during these instances and furthermore, we saw a big number of users exploiting this fact to their benefit. Since the update, we saw more than 25 times the amount of items being dropped from these instances compared to before – mostly by players being simply AFK. That’s why we made the changes that went live this Wednesday.

Still, we also however agree that there should be an alternative way to gain these items ingame, in activities that actually require the user to be actively participating and playing the game, which was also suggested by many of you in your feedback. Accordingly, we will work on alternative ways to make these items available in game, apart from our shop and events and we will try to implement these as soon as possible. We already saw many suggestions towards this goal and we will use these suggestions as influences for our plans.

Yes, these items should be available in game – but players should also be required to actually play the game to earn them.

We want to apologize for our lackluster communication in this. We will do better in the future and will provide you with more information regarding this as soon as possible.

The AION Team

So you can see that they clearly don't play the game and they are clearly doing a nerf for their CashShop... :/

13 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

Nerf the rewards for Luna and Tower how? Just trying to get a sense of what they took away from you all. And you mean that omegas are no longer in the drop table at all? They don't drop from any instances? Or do you mean that you no longer have a chance to get the untradeable ones from Luna?

Nerf luna manastones .... from 15 it´s reduce to 5 bundles

A chance to drop omega stone it´s really small (i open A 37 bags in my alt where it isi collect before 5.6 and i don´t know about it) and no stone...

Omega from deamons bundles ( idk how i named on NC) are small too i open somethink about 100  bags and i get only 1 omega 

Crucible Spire... Manastones are random (agility have highest rate drop) supplement´s its in 40th floor

Omega stone and tempering droping from HD instances bosses, 1 stone after 5-10 run and  divid it between 6 ppl

+ next sh*tty event

WE JUST DON´T HAVE ENOUGH FREE STONES AFTER THIS NERF, 

Somebody can say “It doesen´t look so bad“ but try it :)

Im almost free player (only pay 5€ for Gold Pack per month) and thanks luna i can enchant my PVE weapon and half PVE armor but now thanks nerf im out of stones and i can´t enchant totally nothing bcs  im not rich and 90-110kk per stone it´s too much

Only one reason to nerf it´s...  GF JUST WANT MORE MONEY

3 hours ago, Nyinu-KR said:

Well. You actually don't have democratic rights on their forums or in their game. (The same is true here.) Gameforge owns their forums and they own the rights to Aion in Europe. When you own something you get to set the rules. If their rule is that they don't allow negative comments about their game on the forums they own, then they can remove any post that they wish. It makes them look bad to do that, but they have every right to remove and censor anything they wish because they own those forums. 

I agree in large part, however they  do have rights- they can express themselves by not playing. When GF asks why, they can state their reasons. Like any intelligent company, GF would wake up and adjust accordingly if enough players quit.

As you said, other than that, GF sets their TOS, and may moderate their forums and even ban players if necessary as they own the rights, not the player. .

1 hour ago, Calista-TM said:

I agree in large part, however they  do have rights- they can express themselves by not playing. When GF asks why, they can state their reasons. Like any intelligent company, GF would wake up and adjust accordingly if enough players quit.

As you said, other than that, GF sets their TOS, and may moderate their forums and even ban players if necessary as they own the rights, not the player. .

Oh! I totally agree that we, as players, have the ultimate right to stop playing any time that a game becomes un-fun. 

This reminds me, hasn't Gameforge done something in similar fashion with TERA few years back? One of their p2w update was so bad, most of the people quit it to play the NA version. Something in related with buying alkahest (supplements) with real money. There was a detailed article somewhere but I can't find it.

People should just stop playing the EU servers but GF doesn't learn regardless.

To be fair, on GameForge's part, they did restore the Crucible Tower rewards, and their justification for nerfing the luna rewards is pretty reasonable. They definitely messed up by nerfing without buffing something else to keep the manastone/omega supply stable, but I think an organized protest like this is an over-reaction considering how the company is actually engaging with the community and listening to criticism. GameForge even acknowledges their miscommunication in the letter that Elano-TM quoted.

I am normally very skeptical of game managers, but in this situation, from what I've seen so far, I think the protesters aren't giving GameForge the empathy they deserve. That being said, I don't play on EU, so my expertise on this subject is very limited. If someone can give more insight into the protesting, I'd love to hear it.

Here's what may happen: nothing. Gameforge will remain the way it is. Their ideal policy is "lose one, gain two". There will be always players trying that version out first rather than NA because of ping mostly. I've read their forums yesterday, they didn't restore Crucible Spire rewards to what it originally was, there's still a nerf but players accepted it. They nerfed Luna now too, and they're angry over the weekly rewards since it takes you like 7 weeks to complete it to receive the manastones. From 15 bundles dropped to 5, and by the way, Gameforge has a strict policy on having multiple accounts, as in, they ban you for that. You can have alts on the same account, but not multiple accounts + multiple alts.

They also have nerfed the Omegas and Tempering Solution drops in 66+ instances. Players reported they could get 2-3 a day and that helped (especially the free players) gear themselves up for both pve and pvp. With the current nerf they have again, free players are thrown into the garbage dump while Gameforge protects the buyers regardless if they break their rules.

In conclusion, Gameforge hasn't learned a thing over their past mistakes. Still trash, but EU players rather sacrifice comfort than their ping. I rather play with 200ms every day but play a game that's actually free. Cyan and Hime have started doing a fantastic job lately and I'm glad to see them participate on the forums more often and respond to players. On EU forums, players are being censored, with their posts getting removed or wiped out.

As I said in a topic that was locked... boycott ncsoft. Don't log in during a maintenance or the merge. But to many people are dumb and greedy on aion and will always log in. Could even make all the elyos and asmos go hang out in the abyss and not fight during siege. Let baluar own everything. Stop crying and take action. I quit and uninstalled so good luck to ya.

3 hours ago, LittleSpoon-SL said:

As I said in a topic that was locked... boycott ncsoft. Don't log in during a maintenance or the merge. But to many people are dumb and greedy on aion and will always log in. Could even make all the elyos and asmos go hang out in the abyss and not fight during siege. Let baluar own everything. Stop crying and take action. I quit and uninstalled so good luck to ya.

What if I told you, that the thread is about Gameforge? You're crying about NCSoft, but you haven't had a taste of Aion EU just yet.

50 minutes ago, Kubei-IS said:

What if I told you, that the thread is about Gameforge? You're crying about NCSoft, but you haven't had a taste of Aion EU just yet.

You don't really need to play on EU,to know how bad it really is.Not long ago i watched a youtube video of a well known player on EU who quit, and listed everything that was wrong with Gameforge.

Ncosft is not much better.I quit and ncsoft lost a customer who spent a massive amount of money,simply due to the excessive Xp for leveling,breaking gear that now needs massive amounts of supps to not break,despite gear not breaking the last few major patches.Terrible rewards on events,poor RNG on luna rewards,the list could be massive but i know there's literally no point providing feedback,because NA office doesnt control much,it's korea thats the problem.

Both game manager's are not very good,they literally do not care if they lose customers spending big sums of money.Eitherway good on EU player's but i doubt it will make them change their mind,quit and find another game it's a player's market something these company's have forgotten.

It's pretty dumb to nerf these, considering the Omega/APES and the Tempering/HUS are untradeable.  As for the manastones, well, considering how many level 6's are required to make a single level 10, handing out the stones isn't a big deal - all it means is that most people will actually have acceptable manastones.  +10's are still hard to get, due to the fact that you need so many Chronos stones to get them.  

Nerfing the Spire is even dumber, though.  NOT LIKE YOU CAN AFK THE SPIRE, GG.

1 hour ago, zenix-SL said:

You don't really need to play on EU,to know how bad it really is.Not long ago i watched a youtube video of a well known player on EU who quit, and listed everything that was wrong with Gameforge.

Ncosft is not much better.I quit and ncsoft lost a customer who spent a massive amount of money,simply due to the excessive Xp for leveling,breaking gear that now needs massive amounts of supps to not break,despite gear not breaking the last few major patches.Terrible rewards on events,poor RNG on luna rewards,the list could be massive but i know there's literally no point providing feedback,because NA office doesnt control much,it's korea thats the problem.

Both game manager's are not very good,they literally do not care if they lose customers spending big sums of money.Eitherway good on EU player's but i doubt it will make them change their mind,quit and find another game it's a player's market something these company's have forgotten.

I find it ironic you claim to have quit yet here you are posting, as if your messages will be the holy grail to convince people to stop playing a game they enjoy. Here's the truth: NA is still far superior to EU. I stated before why, but let me do a tl;dr for you: NA is actually free.

Second of all, Korean MMORPGs are a grindfest. If you think Aion is hard now, then I don't think you experienced the grind on release back in 2009. In fact, getting from 74 to 75 is easier since they increased exp gain in mobs and instances. Each patch it gets easier, but don't worry, Korea doesn't have those kind of nerfs.

Games like Rohan Blood Feud took 6 months to reach from level 98 to 99 unless you spent a hella lot of money, and that games has an open PK system starting at lvl 30.

Nonetheless, I know NA is improving and still will, what is now is far better than what it was at the beginning of the year. Maybe once in a while try to appreciate the hard work Hime and Cyan are doing for us.

Archived