Q4 earning out every game sale dropped excepted Lineage 2,Aion is least profit

Neleth-KT

In the file I saw does not show how are those games in each region. So it is hard to see if in the west Aion is going worse than the other games. 

But apparently in thos enumbers, worldwide, Aion is in a similar situation than Lineage 2 and Guild Wars 2. The numbers areso similar. And B&S is still with higher numbers, but is falling down pretty fast so probably this year will reach a similar situation than those 3 games. 

Those numbers shows to us that still the main source of income are the mobile games and Lineage (1). Probably the last one has most of the players in Korea. So we can see why NCsoft cares less every day about PC games and continues with mobile games. Most of us here wanted more attention on our current game, and werent so happy when "Legions of war" appeared. But NCSoft needs those mobile games to get some money. So they wont put so much attention in us (a bunch of old players who stay in old games in minor regions) xD 

Yet, I do not think they are going to close down Aion. Probably the income is not important, but the cost nowadays is also small. In NA we dont even have dedicated people working just in Aion. The game was simplified a lot in 6.X and we do not even have events all the time now. 

Don't think there's no possible way to shut down Aion o_o

They did it with Lineage 1 NA/EU already.

I hope it's a message to them that they should change their way not a message to us that we should buy more.

But yep mobile is everything nowadays o_o

About why mobile games making more profit I think because mobile games needs to run on battery people have no time or patient to grind so they buy whatever that speed that up while PC games people can just wait and grind themselves.

What this shows is that NCSOFT is losing money. Lineage 2 stays good because of their release for a classic server. Mobile games will be their main source of income at one point, but technology advances faster and it’ll die off eventually.

Omer from MMOs.com commented few months ago about Q3 earnings, said that “Wildstar or Aion will shut down, Wildstar being probably first.” It was very easy to see that and he wasn’t wrong either.

Point is, Aion one day will not survive in the West, specially US because people stop seeing the need to waste money on a game where it gives you zero joy or satisfaction for your efforts. 

I read an article from mmoculture it said NCsoft preparing to launch lineage m world wide because it's very successful in Korea and TW
Read it here https://mmoculture.com/2019/02/ncsoft-mobile-gaming-is-key-as-sales-occupy-66-of-quarterly-total/

However I don't agree that it will successfully in the west because they shut down PC version of it in NA/EU.

I'm pretty sure that Aion will follow Lineage 1 soon or later if they continuing this trend.I hopefully that Q4 profit is the mark of Aion gamers say no to current update and change their way.Something like bring luna skins,mounts,pets back and bring scrolls system back and say goodbye to transformation system.

I heard they making QA in Korea like they did before they launched 6.0 I hope good news coming.
http://aion.plaync.com/board/notice/view?articleId=805538

While Aion did make less in Q4 than in Q3, it made more money overall in 2018 than it did in 2017.  In fact, it is the only game that actually made more money in 2018 than in 2017. Everything else made less money. Granted, that increase was due to the changes they made in Korea with p2p/f2p, it's still worth mentioning. But yeah, mobiles games are beastly these days.

Sadly if they made many of the changes that players are suggesting and made money on micro transactions rather than huge prices for virtual items they would make tons of money.  I know personally I would probably spend more if items were cheaper and had a reasonable return (like actually worked instead of huge range).  Also if they had a ton more variety of skins and home items.  Honestly it would be EASY to make tons more cash through the game/platform they have already BUT they are just not doing it....

For the regional sales breakdown, it counts all games together, including mobile games (Taiwan Lineage M is Royalty). It doesn't say how much revenue Aion made for each individual region. Aion EU (Gameforge) and RU (Innova) should belong to "Royalty" since they are not operated by an NCSoft subsidiary.

Korea also launched 6.5 with the improved enchantment rates much earlier than other regions. In Q4 2018, all non-Korean Aion services had to suffer with atrocious 6.2 enchantment rates (28% ancient-ancient chance from +9 onwards, average 373 ancient stones for +10 - > +15) that caused massive loss of players.

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Point is, Aion one day will not survive in the West, specially US because people stop seeing the need to waste money on a game where it gives you zero joy or satisfaction for your efforts. 

I don't think they'll close it anytime soon, but I'm not holding my breath on longevity, either. The zero joy/satisfaction is too true. :(

Off topic a bit but what I think they should do is roll back to 4.0 update and restart there redesign AT class(maybe look like brawler in Tera) have painter and focus more on housing maybe have private farm to gathering,own crafting table in house,mannequin that act as training dummy and fanshion show in same time.Redesign every map level from 4.0 to fit level 80.Lore could be elyos/asmo developed time artifact leads back to the first war against Berita and stop his plan to destroy maps.Yep they can do that it's just they wanna do it or not.

In case u wonwder what brawler in Tera looks.
http://tera.enmasse.com/game/classes/brawler

Archived