Bots is a serious thing.

Kyari-KT

Hi, normally the bots have not bothered me but this is already getting out of hand. First off all one of the objectives of the game is currently farm, and it is enough to just leave the base of your faction and you see that is full of bots farming materials. Ok, is annoying but at least you could steal the mobs if you had more dps, the problem now is that there are bots stopped 24/7 in the broker buying important stuff automatically that is at a reduced price (for example Legendary Kibriums, Masterwork's armors and weapons), because as now ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING is untradeable, we can not pass materials between our own characters, and you need to use the broker is you want to do it, not even kinah you can trade in your OWN account, which I still think is stupid. But now that the game is going to be handled like that, at least DO SOMETHING with the bots. I can't even be able to report them, because I have tried it and it says "You can not send auto hunting reports right now". It is completely unfair for those who try to get materials or equipment fairly, you know. DO SOMETHING WITH THE BOTS. Or give the chance to trade the materials between characters en the same account, idk, do something because this is so annoying. 

@Cyan @Hime anybody, this is not the first topic talking about bots.

There are two reasons why you get the message, "You cannot send auto hunting reports right now". The first is if you have already reported that both. The second is if you are in a group and someone else in your group has reported that bot. The first I understand. The second makes no sense to me at all. If I am in a group, we should all be able to report the bot. If you drop group before reporting, you can all report them. Silly, right?

is not so weird actually. 

with our current model in crafting and the economy... everything makes a great situation for bots. 

In the past we had bots collecting materials from mobs and kinah. And actually they helped a little with craftings. Was so hard as a player to collect all the spirits fragments or leather to craft something. In the other hand.... essencetapping was only suitable for real players. But was a faster way to get materials too. Maybe with new materials from essencetapping and less from mobs... this can be improved. 

Also, bots are lowering the prices for those materials and in that way the crafted gear is cheaper. In some way that is needed cause is really bad. there are times when I think it was a really bad investment to improve my aetherforging before 6.2. I lost so much kinah and now that gear seems to be so expensive and not so good. And without the tuning option, it is hard to use it for many task. If they manage to kill the bots... be prepared to only have 1 option for your gear (instances). 

On 2/13/2019 at 9:24 AM, Kubei-DN said:

Don't worry man, we have XignCode for that, it's the best o the best anti-cheat program on the market right now.

I patched Teamspeak 3 as the 15th is server fees due date, and it detected it as a Trojan.  Ok?  Are we in 1999?  Are all scripts are Trojans?  If they can't even get that right, how could they possible understand that powershell scripts are being using for botting.  1 person like me could turn this company around, but I don't see them trying, so why should I bother?

Killing paravanilla.exe shouldn't take an entire application and a hefty license fee for a third party application.  The management and development project leads are focused on BnS not Aion.  Spend 1 day as a general in the Arena of Glory in 5.8 and you will learn how that application is costing you thousand of dollars in lost revenue from players who quit against these hackers that have been here with the same exploit for 10 years.  1 line of code, 10 years, do the math.  The only way that happens is 100% ignorance.

And the only way you fix it is by hiring someone with actual experience playing your game at the highest 0.01% level of competition.  That's exactly why you can't see it.  The skillset is beyond the highest millionth of a percent when you include the level of programming and management experience required.  If someone like that asked for a $150,000 salary, you would probably say no at face value.  But what if I told you I spent that much on Aion in 3 years?  Then you'd see a $300,000 investment made into this game by 1 person from every single angle.  The players here have a lot at stake.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:36 PM, GibbsDarkEnergy-KT said:

And the only way you fix it is by hiring someone with actual experience playing your game at the highest 0.01% level of competition.  That's exactly why you can't see it.  The skillset is beyond the highest millionth of a percent when you include the level of programming and management experience required.  If someone like that asked for a $150,000 salary, you would probably say no at face value.  But what if I told you I spent that much on Aion in 3 years?  Then you'd see a $300,000 investment made into this game by 1 person from every single angle.  The players here have a lot at stake.

See, now if they went subscription again, it's almost like they'd be able to afford correcting these prob- OH WAIT they didn't when it WAS sub-based.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Attempting to complete any kind of kill quest near Alsig Village as an Asmodian was impossible if you weren't a Glad. Which most bots were early on but that resulted in a lot of training mobs onto bots... which they got wise and swapped to healers.

That place was teaming with so many bots you'd think it was the starter zone...

I remember the bots on Inggison or the nights in Tiamaranta. In some moments was really hard to do some quest cause the bots had all the mobs for them. 

I can remmeber myself collecting tons of prolix to craft gear and those bots around me. I was so new and naive... I tried to talk with them. I even buffed them sometimes...  memories

16 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

I remember the bots on Inggison or the nights in Tiamaranta. In some moments was really hard to do some quest cause the bots had all the mobs for them. 

I can remmeber myself collecting tons of prolix to craft gear and those bots around me. I was so new and naive... I tried to talk with them. I even buffed them sometimes...  memories

How dare you???

I kid. I remember being new to MMOs and being too scared to talk to anyone because I was afraid it'd be an NPC. xD

On 2/21/2019 at 3:53 PM, 2s30B77F-DN said:

See, now if they went subscription again, it's almost like they'd be able to afford correcting these prob- OH WAIT they didn't when it WAS sub-based.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

The ability to fix software exploits and bugs has nothing to do with the payment model.  1 computer science intern could do the work in less than 1 day.  This is why the negligence is pathetic.  It's easy to fix, but they do nothing on their end either because of ignorance or a conflict of interest, aka profits from the hacking/botting software, which wouldn't surprise me.  Starting salaries for open software developer positions on the NCSoft website are $85,000.

They need a management overhaul to realize the lost profits from botting and hacking.  As I said, thousands of dollars just for me and a few players I know.  Now think across all their games, and servers, and over the lifetime of the games.  This is millions of dollars of lost profits due to a failure to implement a one line source code change, which could have been done 10 years ago.

Not only does it hurt the entire player base, it hurts them too financially.  There needs to be a high priority initiative to make these proposed changes @Cyan.

Archived