Enchanting 1-Hand weapon vs 2-Hand weapon

Sgt Sneak

So I finally got my dagger to +15 and I ask a legionmate (with a 2-handed weapon) what their PvP attack was and it was twice mine. They went on to explain that I only get half because I get the rest from my other weapon. So you are telling me that glads, sorc, chanters, etc just have to enchant one weapon and they get the full PvP Attack figure and the rest of us have to start all over from the ground up on another weapon. Come on. could you just make PvP attack not stack and bam problem solved!!!

that is how it always worked man since for ever,  1 hand weapons are faster and have higher crit multiplier,  2 hand weapons are slower with lower crit multiplier but with higher damage and more strikes.   An in terms of weapons this dmg difference isnt that noticeable anymore as all weapons have the same base dmg, and with both weapons enchanted you will get almost the same amount.
and pvp damage from an armfused weapon do not stack.

75VLynS.jpg

or just get a Caeus or Master harvester sword for your off hand and socket a silence godstone and focus on upgrading other pieces of gear :P 

Ehhhhh, a change like that would have to come down from KR.  Not going to happen.  It's been this way a long time.  

Anyways!  Every class has their gear annoyances, for the most part, if you don't like it, then reroll and try another class.  Assassins this patch are a bit nerfed, at least until you get gear, and even then, we're not equal per gear with other classes this patch.  It will get better in 6.5, but still, we still don't require multiple sets like clerics.  So it could be worse as far as gear.  We need one pvp set, and we need one pve set.  So, in total, we have two extra weapons to enchant.  

Ranger, SW, SM, and Sorc are about the most efficient to gear, not requiring extra weapons to plus.  At the moment, anyways.  

Some chanters have additional sets of armor they are plussing, and previous patches had most having a mass and shield set.  A few still do.  

Glads usually have multiple weapons in addition to their polearm; d/s seems to be still used at least by Feelix so he can afk atk stuff.  ;)  

Also, do keep in mind, that in general, we attack still the fastest of any class, which means whatever PVP atk we get, we get to use it much more effectively than other classes too. 

always been like that... but actually we had more strategy. 

In the past not every class had to enchant every item. Now all of them gives the same bonus so we have to enchant our 17 items. But they used to provide different stats before. So as a cleric in support mode was useless to enchant our weapons, but we had to enchant our shields. An old sorcerer does not needed to enchant all the armor (in the past that only gave an small HP and Physical defense) for a PvE work, but they required a very enchanted weapon to do more damage. An old tank had a lot of benefit enchanting the armor and obtaining more resistance.  

... And we only had 6-7 items to enchant.... :o 

Yet, I think now is better than 4.7 - 5.8 cause at least we recovered the roles in our classes like in the past. Not sure how the stats are working now, but every class do their job now and we all need the others. Also now that we have the "class roll" in instances, we need to go as a mixed team again. 

With just some more content and maybe more drop or things... I think it can be even better. 

4 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

and pvp damage from an armfused weapon do not stack.

75VLynS.jpg

or just get a Caeus or Master harvester sword for your off hand and socket a silence godstone and focus on upgrading other pieces of gear :P 

5hypeAj.png

I am using the +25 sunuyaka in my off-hand for now. also I know that 2 handers the PvP stats dont stack what I AM saying is that in order for me to ge the same PvP attack as lets say a glad from weapons I would need two PvP weapons +15....and if someone says it doesnt stack for 1 hand weapons please actually test it in game first because I am 100% sure that they do in fact stack because I just tested it. 

Also this was not a post so much to cry but more so maybe to let another player know before they use the resources to plus their weapon which has equivalent PvP attack and defense with the necklace. A better choice would be wings first as you would in the end get more additional PvP attack per enchant. So word to the wise for sins wings > weapon > Necklace etc for most bang for your buck for PvP attack in gear piece. Obviously you have to weigh in variables and consider what your gear enchantment levels are and what not.

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Dual weapons always had less pvp att in each weapon, but more when combined both, this version is no exception, dual have MORE pvp stats in the end.

The difference isn't much, but is there.

Nooooo actually they are the exact same as combined. We dont get anything from offhand but the optional stats that are not duplicates with the main hand weapon (with the exception of PvP Att/DEF which do stack)

you are right. That think is not balanced and not everyone will have to enchant the same amount of items. 

but we always had that difference. 

As a cleric I used to have at least 4 complete gears for different tasks. Some other classes only had just 2. One for pve and one for pvp. 

And if you are worried about having to get and enchant 3 weapons... well, I was wondering today if I will need to get again a PvP gear with shield defense and another one with Magic Defense like in the past. And How many items I would need to have on my inventory if I have to add on those a HB PvE gear and also a DPS gear . :S 

15 hours ago, SneakAttack-DN said:

5hypeAj.png

I am using the +25 sunuyaka in my off-hand for now. also I know that 2 handers the PvP stats dont stack what I AM saying is that in order for me to ge the same PvP attack as lets say a glad from weapons I would need two PvP weapons +15....and if someone says it doesnt stack for 1 hand weapons please actually test it in game first because I am 100% sure that they do in fact stack because I just tested it. 

Also this was not a post so much to cry but more so maybe to let another player know before they use the resources to plus their weapon which has equivalent PvP attack and defense with the necklace. A better choice would be wings first as you would in the end get more additional PvP attack per enchant. So word to the wise for sins wings > weapon > Necklace etc for most bang for your buck for PvP attack in gear piece. Obviously you have to weigh in variables and consider what your gear enchantment levels are and what not.

Nooooo actually they are the exact same as combined. We dont get anything from offhand but the optional stats that are not duplicates with the main hand weapon (with the exception of PvP Att/DEF which do stack)

They are not the same. A ultimate +15 dual combined gives 398 pvp att, while armsfused you can only get 331. Its only equal when its +0.

You probably misunderstood how awesome it is to use 2 weapons instead of 1
You only need to make 2 weapons:
1x pvp +15
1x pve +15

This way you get all you need for everything, full pvp bonus, full pve bonus, full dmg and all! It shouldn't even matter what weapon is main hand and which offhand since they both usually have same base stats as long as they are both the same grade/level.
When you need to upgrade, you upgrade one weapon only also.
~~~

Meanwhile we need 4 weapons
1x pvp +15  with another weapon armsfused
1x pve + 15 with another weapon armsfused!

We need 4 weapons, you need 2!

On 2/16/2019 at 3:13 PM, 2s1A07B4-DN said:

You probably misunderstood how awesome it is to use 2 weapons instead of 1
You only need to make 2 weapons:
1x pvp +15
1x pve +15

This way you get all you need for everything, full pvp bonus, full pve bonus, full dmg and all! It shouldn't even matter what weapon is main hand and which offhand since they both usually have same base stats as long as they are both the same grade/level.
When you need to upgrade, you upgrade one weapon only also.
~~~

Meanwhile we need 4 weapons
1x pvp +15  with another weapon armsfused
1x pve + 15 with another weapon armsfused!

We need 4 weapons, you need 2!

No, thats tottally wrong, this way on dual, you are losing a lot of pve damage and pvp damage. Dual needs 4 weapons, 2 pve, and 2 pvp. You are actually losing more damage than a armsfusion pvp with pve weapon.

Archived