A concise game guide

Ybris-KT

Hi everyone!

I recently started playing Aion again after years and many things have changed. I played just for the daily and weekly quests so far, almost got a full pvp ancient set (the one bought with crystals) but I need a pve equipment now. What's the very first step? I'm still using Lakrum pve items and accessories from Mirash Sanctum, but what should I really aim for? What are the instances I can farm in?

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, Ybris-KT said:

Hi everyone!

I recently started playing Aion again after years and many things have changed. I played just for the daily and weekly quests so far, almost got a full pvp ancient set (the one bought with crystals) but I need a pve equipment now. What's the very first step? I'm still using Lakrum pve items and accessories from Mirash Sanctum, but what should I really aim for? What are the instances I can farm in?

Thanks in advance!

Coe + Mirash = full ancient gear drops. You can also solo Coe as a gunslinger (it is a 3-man instance), just use someone to hold group. You can do these with lakrum gear

FM + BoS = full legendary gear drops. Right now most likely every player that played since 6.2 is fully geared from legendaries so you can get geared yourself pretty easily since people will not roll on things you need. You can do these with full ancient gear easily.

PF + IDD = full ultimate gear drops. You need to be almost full legendary for these, you could miss 1~2 items that are still ancient, as long as you are close to 13k m.acc otherwise you will miss hits a lot and the more m.attack you have and pve bonus the better.

Thank you so much for your answer!

What about crafted items? Are those worth wasting time and money?

Also, is there a minimum requirement on equip's enchantment level and manastones for instance runs?

I see you talked about gunslinger and m.acc., my bad, I'm an assassin now.

On 2/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, Ybris-KT said:

What about crafted items? Are those worth wasting time and money?

No. They cannot have their stats retuned to include accuracy and attack/crit like the instance gear drops.

On 2/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, Ybris-KT said:

Also, is there a minimum requirement on equip's enchantment level and manastones for instance runs?

Nah, not a set-in-stone requirement for enchantments. Most people will throw a bunch of orange stones at their ancient gear to get pieces to around +4/5, but definitely don't waste time/kinah going any higher than that because you'll be replacing it soon with legendary gear. For legendary, it's kind of the same. Most people will go up to around +6/7 (around the time when you start failing enchants a lot more regularly) and hold it there until they get ultimate pieces. 

Now, for manastones, you will absolutely need to be socketing manastones in your legendary gear in order to have the stats needed for IDD/PF. Don't bother with manastones on your ancient gear -- but still go ahead and retune the ancient items to have accuracy and atk/crit. For the legendary gear, you'll want to socket accuracy stones (and retune your gear just like the ancients) until you reach 12.5k accuracy unbuffed. With this accuracy, you'll only have around a 5% dodge rate from bosses in IDD/PF. These bosses are timed, so groups will not take you if you don't meet the accuracy requirement because you'll be missing too many attacks.

17 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

No. They cannot have their stats retuned to include accuracy and attack/crit like the instance gear drops.

Nah, not a set-in-stone requirement for enchantments. Most people will throw a bunch of orange stones at their ancient gear to get pieces to around +4/5, but definitely don't waste time/kinah going any higher than that because you'll be replacing it soon with legendary gear. For legendary, it's kind of the same. Most people will go up to around +6/7 (around the time when you start failing enchants a lot more regularly) and hold it there until they get ultimate pieces. 

Now, for manastones, you will absolutely need to be socketing manastones in your legendary gear in order to have the stats needed for IDD/PF. Don't bother with manastones on your ancient gear -- but still go ahead and retune the ancient items to have accuracy and atk/crit. For the legendary gear, you'll want to socket accuracy stones (and retune your gear just like the ancients) until you reach 12.5k accuracy unbuffed. With this accuracy, you'll only have around a 5% dodge rate from bosses in IDD/PF. These bosses are timed, so groups will not take you if you don't meet the accuracy requirement because you'll be missing too many attacks.

Thank you very much for your accurate response!

A few last questions (I think?):

What about the very late game's equipments? I saw there are red-named pvp items obtainable with aethercraft. Are those the ultimate items I should get or will I just completely ignore aethercrafting? What pvp gear is there above the ancient one bought with crystals?

What about titles? I see Aion's Chosen is by far the best title for any class, but what can I get in-game without wasting any real money? All titles earned with quests are garbage, not to mention the limited time ones.

4 hours ago, Ybris-KT said:

What about the very late game's equipments? I saw there are red-named pvp items obtainable with aethercraft. Are those the ultimate items I should get or will I just completely ignore aethercrafting?

So the Conqueror ones are the 2nd best pvp gears in the game -- after the ultimate genesis crystal gears -- but ONLY if they are "Masterwork" (the procced version). You will see, for example, Ultimate Conqueror's Dagger and Ultimate Masterwork Conqueror's Dagger. The one without Masterwork in the name is useless and a waste of kinah. Do not buy these to use as the legendary genesis crystal gears are better. So yes, you can buy the Masterwork ultimates if you have a lot of kinah, but they're quite pricey on the broker, and also very hard to craft. Essentially, assuming you have 300 aetherforging which is required to craft ultimates, you will need to proc a Masterwork ancient, and then use that to proc a Masterwork legendary, and THEN use THAT to proc a Masterwork ultimate. It's a lot of luck, as you can see. Also, come 7.0, we will be purifying our ultimate genesis crystal gears into the newest best pvp gear, and unfortunately, the crafted gears cannot be purified into the newest gear. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

What pvp gear is there above the ancient one bought with crystals?

That ancient gear, once enchanted to level 15, can be purified into the legendary genesis crystal gear. Then that legendary gear, once +15, can be purified into the ultimate gear -- the best pvp gear in the game. Note, this is a long process as once you're in full legendary gear, the progression slows down considerably because it's a lot harder to get legendary enchantment stones than it is ancients.

What about titles? I see Aion's Chosen is by far the best title for any class, but what can I get in-game without wasting any real money? All titles earned with quests are garbage, not to mention the limited time ones.

Unfortunately, you can no longer obtain GOOD free titles in game. Yeah, it sucks. :( Note, if you have the Prestige Pack, the permanent title Prestigious Adept (I think that's its name, it's the one that costs 15,000 coins from the vending machine) has the same stats as Aion's Chosen, but that's not really free since you're having to pay for Prestige.

35 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

So the Conqueror ones are the 2nd best pvp gears in the game -- after the ultimate genesis crystal gears -- but ONLY if they are "Masterwork" (the procced version). You will see, for example, Ultimate Conqueror's Dagger and Ultimate Masterwork Conqueror's Dagger. The one without Masterwork in the name is useless and a waste of kinah. Do not buy these to use as the legendary genesis crystal gears are better. So yes, you can buy the Masterwork ultimates if you have a lot of kinah, but they're quite pricey on the broker, and also very hard to craft. Essentially, assuming you have 300 aetherforging which is required to craft ultimates, you will need to proc a Masterwork ancient, and then use that to proc a Masterwork legendary, and THEN use THAT to proc a Masterwork ultimate. It's a lot of luck, as you can see. Also, come 7.0, we will be purifying our ultimate genesis crystal gears into the newest best pvp gear, and unfortunately, the crafted gears cannot be purified into the newest gear. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

That ancient gear, once enchanted to level 15, can be purified into the legendary genesis crystal gear. Then that legendary gear, once +15, can be purified into the ultimate gear -- the best pvp gear in the game. Note, this is a long process as once you're in full legendary gear, the progression slows down considerably because it's a lot harder to get legendary enchantment stones than it is ancients.

Unfortunately, you can no longer obtain GOOD free titles in game. Yeah, it sucks. :( Note, if you have the Prestige Pack, the permanent title Prestigious Adept (I think that's its name, it's the one that costs 15,000 coins from the vending machine) has the same stats as Aion's Chosen, but that's not really free since you're having to pay for Prestige.

Basically, aethercraft items aren't worth the pain, and, as long as one won't cough up money on items shop, titles are just at players' discretion.

Thank you everyone for helping me out, I appreciate very much!

Archived