Your opinion: What was the biggest mistake and the biggest ok in AION?

Ksara-DN

Leave your opinion here.

I think your opinion is not subject to criticism because it is just a free manifestation of your thinking. I just want to know what's positive and negative about the game in your opinion.

I will start:

For me the biggest mistake of the NCS was the transformation. Nothing in AION was so terrible like the transformation because this  decharacterizes the game. Transformation is the visual death of the game. So AION is currently just a skeleton of what the game was one day. Part of all the magic was already deteriorating with the inclusion of children's details like pets and classes that created a break with the theme, but the transformation was for me the last breath, the death of the game in relation to the original theme.

For me the biggest hit of NCS was and remains the game's combat system. The ability to capture your opponent's target before attacking your enemy. All new MMOS use a combat system that I do not like and it's exactly this AION combat system that has kept me faithful to this game. Otherwise I would have left the AION forever.

Same here

The biggest mistake is transformation system,it ruined the biggest sell point of the Aion in the first place,Aion has one of the best character creation system,Alot of hairs,freely to change face,body I want to say if we can add make up it would be perfect but it's good enough for now.Luna skins from 5.0 made Aion was a heaven for a skin freak like me and 6.2 removed the best system that Aion offers to players ? By introduced stupid transformation system and removed luna skins ? I can't see anything worse than this anymore it's purely disaster plus removed tradable white make Aion right now so lame.

I found out that Aion before 6.2 is perfect combination of gameplay and graphics.I tried best graphics game like BDO but it's not fun at all.My friend said it's only good for taking screenshot.I still think we should roll back to 4.0 and restart everything there by first stop Berita destroyed maps.

I demand 2 things default transparent scrolls and luna skins must be in game.

Biggest mistake would by far be the broker fee increase and trade restrictions through accounts, completely crippled the economy and made the game feel more solo-PVE.

I would like to highlight something added to this patch that was an improvement to the game's life, the skin customization screen... Now if only we had skins to go with that(Update the BCM).  Maybe the combat system is keeping me here, the community is also very interactive but most everyone has left waiting for 6.5.

The transformation system as it is now is absolute garbage. The removal of skins and decent mounts from the Luna shop and BCM is extremely upsetting.

The ridiculous prices at the broker and the inability to trade common items between toons on the same account is incomprehensible, but neither of these changes would be so bad if the drop rate for kinah, gear and other necessities were much much greater.

Pros? I've always appreciated the character customization screen -- granted, it could be improved. I use to love the fact we had so many intricate maps to explore, but so much of that has been removed that the game world is in need of a massive expansion pack. Skins have always been a big deal to me, so the fact we could get different styles of clothing from each map encouraged me to go out and loot for hours. I'm also a big fan of questing, so I liked it better when we had a lot of quests to choose from and didn't have to repeat the same ones on each toon.

The only fail was giving out contribution gear in the matter it was done.  I understand giving out contribution gear, but giving out legendary and ultimate on day one of a brand new expansion was the most imbecile thing I have ever seen done in this or any other game! No one should have been given gear beyond ancient.  I guess this is what little baby pay to wins are looking for?  To run around one shotting others? I personally don't get it.  I want balanced game play and to be challenged by other players.  Not to run around out gearing them and one shotting others. Had there not been a new server(EK) I would have definitely quit playing this game. 

Not dealing with twinks when the game was new...

It already took a slowing leveling process and virtually halted it.  New players could not level and eventually left the game.

Not dealing with server imbalances

Most of the servers were Elyos dominated to the point only people who wanted to pvp went.

Yea I went old school.

But NCSoft hasnt changed a bit, it takes WAY TO LONG to respond to things and when they do they completely overreact and change to the complete opposite breaking the game in the other direction.  I.E. Finally doing something about twinks by completely ruining pvp.

That's easy, the moment they decided to delete Katalam and Danaria, those maps were so fun to play on and pvp on, to understand why they would delete it boggles the mind,  then they deleted hearts too? Wtf? Then to top it off, they have this really bad idea about how people can only pvp in the instances a certain time of day. Why not let people play it any time they wanted? So when you play Aion you are just forced into this time scheadual.  And that's just real lame bro.

Removing KataDan, functionally replacing them with Levinshor, Kaldor, Cygnea, and Enshar. Four maps I legit hate.

Transforms with the difficulty/expense in getting transparent scrolls, especially versus other regions.

I hate a lot of things they've done/are doing, but those two are the biggest reasons I'm not happy.

Things I like -

Skins and new hairs about every patch and so. I JUST WISH I COULD SEE THEM OUTSIDE OF AFK'ING.

**Biggest mistake everything happened since 5.0 and on... tradeable gear, hard lvling, transformations, GP extreme gain, and mostly everything they did after 5.0, and including some 4.8 stuff. And of course the poorness of our BCM, currently there is nothing worth to buy, and that obviously makes the game gain less money, and go to risk of close.

** Biggest OK, the 3 new classes, the revamp of the skills.... i really tired to think in something else but i cant...

Biggest No: Everything above Version 2.7+ / 4.7+, and wtf with v7.x ?! Release a 200mb Aion PvP Client and there you have v7.x ...

Biggest Yes: Deep Gathering & Crafting, Nice Ambient, Music, Main Quest (if sth ever existed), PvPvE Combat, Marketplace, Enhancing Gear [...]

I used to like gathering things to craft to make a little extra kinah and give all the fighting a rest. It was tedious, but it added depth to the game. I just don't see any depth in this game anymore. Careful when you see someone say they will streamline an mmorpg, that means they will take all the depth out of it and turn it into some basic unfun, mess..I never saw an mmorpg get smaller over time. Normally they get bigger.  And people used to love Aion because of all the skins you could get and how you could make your toon look awesome, why would they take that away with the transformation system? It boggles the mind why they decide to do some of the things they do with this once, great game.

Biggest ok: Fast leveling(I dont mind grind but 5.x was too much)

Biggest Mistake:

•  Removing Katalam/Danaria aka the best maps in game where sieges were fun
  • Making flying irrelevant now.I mean the main story is about Daevas,wtf happened?
  • Removing crafting as in now you cant craft skins/pots etc.... anymore
  • The GP is system is messed up, how are people who want to get xform keep up with people who used the gp privilages in previous patches???
  • Transformations werent needed. I miss using scrolls/candy. Removing attack/cast speed from gloves& weapon (unless tune) was unnecessary thing to do  (VERY P2W BUT NCSOFT LIKES IT THAT WAY)
  • Ncsoft  logic of ''balancing''. This is mostly has to to do making kinah economy now and making almost everything untradeable.
  • Forcing us to be furries unless transparent scrolls

The biggest Ok is the low enchant rates and super low drop rates in dungeons in 6.0.  Everyone is crying about them all over the forums.  I absolutely love it! People can't just run their 10 alts through dungeons and be full best in slot +15 geared in 2 weeks.  All this fail fail fail actually feels like progression for the first time in a veeeerrrry long time. If only we had more content people might actually stick around and play some. 

Biggest mistake is deleting maps, items, professions, instances, skins, mounts, the fully rng based system, class imbalance, inability to fix cheats like no animation, making everything untradeable, ruining the GP ranking system by locking it permanently, forcing everyone to look like an animal instead of our chars...  etc

The only good thing is that they implemented an enchant stone morphing system and supposedly implmented 6.5 enchant rates on 6.2 patch.

21 hours ago, Phantom-EK said:

The biggest Ok is the low enchant rates and super low drop rates in dungeons in 6.0.  Everyone is crying about them all over the forums.  I absolutely love it! People can't just run their 10 alts through dungeons and be full best in slot +15 geared in 2 weeks.  All this fail fail fail actually feels like progression for the first time in a veeeerrrry long time. If only we had more content people might actually stick around and play some. 

...failing and continuously failing means progress? progress is when you work hard for something and get rewarded, I combined my very first double ancient transformations and got a tahabata transform, and I didn't pay a single penny for those, my friend bought 200 transformation contracts from bcm (100$) and he got 0 legendaries in the end.

This is not progress, if I was him I would have quit the game.

Biggest Mistake - PVE instances too easy (No cleric needed for FM, 4 man PF, 6 man IDD.... alts now have legendary and ultimate gear)  Why do we need more pve gear if we can already complete the pve content???
Ok - PVP too easy (except for whales.. most people are killable after playing hard for a month)

1 hour ago, Iczel-KT said:

Biggest Mistake - PVE instances too easy (No cleric needed for FM, 4 man PF, 6 man IDD.... alts now have legendary and ultimate gear)  Why do we need more pve gear if we can already complete the pve content???
Ok - PVP too easy (except for whales.. most people are killable after playing hard for a month)

In 6.5 the instaces get harder, so you won't 2 man stuff anymore.

Also, ultimate gear sells for a lot in the vendor, like 20M a piece or something. So if you have the gear, you just do with other people who already has the gear as well, and sell it. 

1 minute ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

In 6.5 the instaces get harder, so you won't 2 man stuff anymore.

Also, ultimate gear sells for a lot in the vendor, like 20M a piece or something. So if you have the gear, you just do with other people who already has the gear as well, and sell it. 

That's assuming NCWest/NCsoft doesn't nerf the sell price on items the way they have everything else involving kinah gain (sans the luna kinah boxes).

Archived