These Events are just Heartbreaking

AteHerTech-KT

I would like to understand why yall are so against giving us actual rewarding and fulfilling items from events? I am well aware that the game is RNG based but why is the worst drop on the loot table so terrible? i have opened 10 Hearts and now i have 8k power shards and 10 Transparent transformation scrolls. Playing this game on a daily basis and gearing up we have actual needs and shards from even boxes is not one of them.We need Kinah or a way to make kinah or PVP enchantment stones for example. I am not sure if yall think the aion community is just swimming in kinah but we are struggling out here. Please Help us out with these events

@Cyan

With the "change" (they say it's a bug) to this event where only one person from the group gets a heart piece box from end-game bosses, making a full heart to get a reward has become really difficult. To get lucky enough or spend kinah/real money to get a full heart and then get 1k shards is really a sick, twisted joke.

Its so dissapointing, i've been personally asking for these Glittering Heart Costumes, and Weapon skins for near 3 years already, and for the first time they put them on the game, its on an event that probably won't let me get them properly, i would really rather they just put them for NC coins on the store.

To be honest it is just insulting at this point. They come out with a producers letter saying how they want events to enhance the core gameplay of Aion not take it over so they give rewards like major minion contracts/shards. This means they genuinely believe that getting/paying for these rewards are enhancing the core game play of Aion.

Just now, Vantheria-DN said:

I don't know about y'all, but I only have about 10k minion contracts, so that's a super valuable event reward to me.

/s

This is another issue tho. What may not be valuable to you may be valuable to others.

Lets say they added Tea of Repose personally i would love if the worst reward we got was x5 or x10 tea of repose. However many players would consider this a useless reward because they got compensated with legitimate 1000s. I know people who have over 8000 Tea of repose due to compensation rewards, These players would complain that they do not need these as they are finding it hard enough to use all theirs up in the first place. 

This is just me giving an example of what you may consider useless but others will not consider useless. The minion contract is useless and i get your sarcasm but the issue is most do not want to see better events or w/e they want to see only what they need from events not what enhances the core gameplay like NCwest said to us in their producers letter.

2 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This is another issue tho. What may not be valuable to you may be valuable to others.

Lets say they added Tea of Repose personally i would love if the worst reward we got was x5 or x10 tea of repose. However many players would consider this a useless reward because they got compensated with legitimate 1000s. I know people who have over 8000 Tea of repose due to compensation rewards, These players would complain that they do not need these as they are finding it hard enough to use all theirs up in the first place. 

This is just me giving an example of what you may consider useless but others will not consider useless. The minion contract is useless and i get your sarcasm but the issue is most do not want to see better events or w/e they want to see only what they need from events not what enhances the core gameplay like NCwest said to us in their producers letter.

No, I don't think reposes would be useless as they are not easily obtainable in game. Minion contracts, on the other hand, are very easy to get in game through pvp instances and other means.

1 hour ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

Its so dissapointing, i've been personally asking for these Glittering Heart Costumes, and Weapon skins for near 3 years already, and for the first time they put them on the game, its on an event that probably won't let me get them properly, i would really rather they just put them for NC coins on the store.

This. It would have been great to see the skins on the BCM store (both Glittering Heart costume/headpiece/weapon skins and Pureheart/Heartseeker weapon skins). Not only are the event box drops one -per group-, the drop rate is absolute crap.  Not to mention if you're lucky enough to make a Mended Heart, you're likely getting Shards or Berdin's/Abyssal Stars

And just LOOLLLL if you want a Glittering Heart Weapon, as they only come from Black Cloud Lockboxes

There's no "reward system" in the game anymore, at least it seems so here in NA. The limits on GST and BCM are beyond depressing, events are utter garbage and unappealing, I'm on a half hiatus anyway, can't get what I need to progress. The game is too PvP based for my taste, you can clear most of the instances in one day if you want and can't get the item you need to do the higher end instances.

1 hour ago, Konkers-EK said:

I don't even waste my time and effort to try and open those heart boxes. I just sell them all. It makes my day much better. I'm sure that I'd get so angry and frustrated trying to get a good reward for them. It's been almost 10 years and it's always the same shitshow in events.

I was frustrated with no daevanion skills after opening over 60 fruit boxes; absolutely will not open any of these heart boxes.

IMO the problem here is more complicated. 

I guess they realized that having those events with impresive rewards in the past in some way was a bad idea. So they can not give us items that may reduce the weight from instances and normal content. But in the other hand, Aion became so small and with so few players that they can not send some people to play the game and study the needs or what can be usefull without damaging the game. If they did not play the game when we were 5 servers with a lot of population, it is almost imposible now. 

So they are just giving to us a default set of rewards for every event. And actually the events are quite similar. Between the fruits event and this one, the only difference is the shape in the event items. 

Of course we can not get ultimate weapons from an event. But I can imagine other possible rewards that we need, can be really usefull and yet wont damage the game. Like some autoress stones, legendary transformation potions (x5?), instance entries, more skins, even those 15 days chromanimbus can be nice for the new players now.... or what about some housing items? Now that we do not have those from NPCs, can be nice to get some in an event. 

It's just when they gate unique, not-game-affecting, long-asked-for items behind RNG, and that RNG is gated behind more RNG, and the most common rewards after dealing with that RNG are utterly useless rubbish, people kind of get really annoyed really fast. I get that they don't want EventsOnline and that they don't want to hand out ultimate weapons; I don't want them to, either, but having shards and ancient PvE stones be some of your most common rewards loot is just...cruel.

Seriously, are they not selling on the BCM and only putting the skins in RNG to skirt around the whole licensing issue?

10 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

lol trust me i feel the same way but to avoid situations like that they can even give rewards that everyyyyone would like. there are many items needed on a daily basis that we would appreciate way more then 1k shards xD 

9 minutes ago, 2s1A07B4-DN said:

The problem is that they throw useless rewards that we either do not need or cost pennies to get otherwise. I'd rather have skins drop from an event than any other reward, since so far I have never gotten anything worthy from that.

What’s the point of skins if we can’t get our original price for transparent transformation scrolls?

I understand what Cyan was saying when he said that they didn't want players to have to wait for or depend on events to gear up. That makes sense to me.

But if that's the case and that the rewards for our few events are going to be less exciting, then for the love of Aion.. make the event items easier to get. It's much better to open 50 event items and get -tons- of meh rewards and maybe one or two nice things rather than work and work and work to open 2 boxes and have both of them be meh.

On 20/2/2019 at 1:09 PM, Kubei-DN said:

What’s the point of skins if we can’t get our original price for transparent transformation scrolls?

They will change this in future patches do not worry.

~~~
Also when we had an event in the past, I remember I was excited and played aion more. But now I regard we have no event, I never bother with trying to earn event drops or anything, if I get them ,I open them and that is it. It is almost like another junk item that has no purpose to the game. Events should be something to deal with, not something to forge it exists.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:34 AM, Azzmaria-KT said:

IMO the problem here is more complicated. 

I guess they realized that having those events with impresive rewards in the past in some way was a bad idea. So they can not give us items that may reduce the weight from instances and normal content. But in the other hand, Aion became so small and with so few players that they can not send some people to play the game and study the needs or what can be usefull without damaging the game. If they did not play the game when we were 5 servers with a lot of population, it is almost imposible now. 

So they are just giving to us a default set of rewards for every event. And actually the events are quite similar. Between the fruits event and this one, the only difference is the shape in the event items. 

Of course we can not get ultimate weapons from an event. But I can imagine other possible rewards that we need, can be really usefull and yet wont damage the game. Like some autoress stones, legendary transformation potions (x5?), instance entries, more skins, even those 15 days chromanimbus can be nice for the new players now.... or what about some housing items? Now that we do not have those from NPCs, can be nice to get some in an event. 

It really is not as complicated as they make it out to be tho. Take the way they delivered the last two events to us that essentially have the same items are quiet different.

Fruit Harvest

Vinna(rare item added to the cash shop however i assume it was an unintended mistake on their part to have these that rare compared to figs and decided to cash in on it).

Figs the original cash shop items 20 BC coin for those who did not want to spam instances on Alts to get 100s

Pineapple really common

Rubus really common

Broken heart

L Common

O Common

V Some what uncommon

E cash shop item 60 BC coin and does not drop from instances.

Why make 2 events that are the exact same on paper just re-skinned drop/cost different prices. As well as remove the big ticket item from the bosses. It just irritates players bad drops or not. Events are not complicated. They start off with a crazy good event being the Halloween event. Then they go in to 2 rubbish events snowball+shugo king event(mostly due to rewards). Then they get fruit event which was an improvement due to sheer quantity of event items you could open per week. Only to take another step backwards with the broken heart event. Its like they looked at fruit harvest and went ok people are not complaining about this event so lets not only take away the rare item from the end bosses but also raise the BC pricing for it as well. Is the glittering costume that good to make people want to pay 60 BC coin for E's?

I like this event, why? 1 legendary daeva box that gave me exact skill i need it, 3 pve ultimate stones, 6  ancient stones, 8 transformation contracts (no ancient yet) , and ofc shards, berdins and m.minion contracts. All of this from max 30 Menden Hearts.  Well it`s a win at 0$ and 0 kinah use.

Archived