Bring back Katalam and Danaria

Couture-KT

Bring back Katalam and Danaria  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Self explanatory. Do you think Nc should bring back the old maps?

• Yes please bring back the old maps. Make Aion great again.
    • No. It's a waste of time and money.

Many of us feel "homesick" and would like to make it known how much we loved these old maps and how amazing it would be to have even a tiny sliver of them back. Unfortunately the maps that replaced them can't even come close. I understand this is a very long shot but something to consider.  

I miss the Zergs in Katalam. Running from Asmos, Chasing Asmos. Wondering if it was gonna be okay before the camp flipped or wondering how long you had to kill the mobs before some asmos showed up. The Abyss camps are not nearly as fun. But sadly they removed those maps specifically to give the Abyss it's purpose back.

Here's the issue -- it's entirely up to Korea to do it, and I'm telling you now they won't do it. If they did, places like Norsvold and Iluma would be completely deserted, and neither Katalam or Danaria would fit into this whole "archdaeva" thing. It's very out of place. 

2 minutes ago, Kubei-IS said:

Here's the issue -- it's entirely up to Korea to do it, and I'm telling you now they won't do it. If they did, places like Norsvold and Iluma would be completely deserted, and neither Katalam or Danaria would fit into this whole "archdaeva" thing. It's very out of place. 

Valid point, what about adding camp like things to Norsvold and Illuma? ;o To match the idea we are all missing to stimulate activity and PvP. Camps created hotspots on the vast maps.

It feels like NCSoft goes through various "phases" where sometimes the main focus in Asmodae/Elysea and sometimes Balaurea. We got Cygnea/Enshar in 4.8 which is Balaurea, now we're back to Asmodae/Elysea with Norsvold and Iluma. It does feel like they're rushing the 5.x patch at this point, maybe they have something in mind.

Realistically speaking, those maps won't return. However Korea should take notes on map design, and learn why people loved the 4.x maps but generally dislike the post-4.8 maps.

I also agree with the above poster that they seem to be rushing something. To me it feels as if they are trying to push for a conclusion to Aion...maybe in favor of shifting their attention to the rumored sequel? I am pretty confident Korea of all places is aware of how the MMO market has changed since Aion came out, and if anything they would realize they have a better shot at making Aion great again through a brand new sequel instead of trying to force through some improvements or graphic overhauls here.

13 hours ago, Vinlock-SL said:

@who said no, could you explain your thoughts on why?

o/

First of all because it's quite unlikely to happen and secondly I would prefer if the place had another purpose than just PvP'ing (referring as if they added it to the current patch, UA abyss camps give much more Blood Marks & Blood Medals so...)

Have a nice day!

57 minutes ago, Andregark-IS said:

o/

First of all because it's quite unlikely to happen and secondly I would prefer if the place had another purpose than just PvP'ing (referring as if they added it to the current patch, UA abyss camps give much more Blood Marks & Blood Medals so...)

Have a nice day!

Well of course things would need to be updated for the current patch. Or like was was previously mentions, put camps in Illuma/Norsvold.

Also, whoever voted no for something that's unlikely to happen lol... That is not a good reason...

17 hours ago, Vinlock-SL said:

@who said no, could you explain your thoughts on why?

I voted no because nyerk SHUGOS. On a serious note peoples perception of the patch was greatly influenced from a magnitude of bugs that people took advantage of to obtain gear faster.

1) The CC hackers made tempering greatly available for players as well as the felicitous socketing stones bringing in over 1000 of each a day for what 2+ months?

2) When EB was still fairly fresh was that bug where people could do any instance infinite amount of times so people just spammed instances as much as they could so they ended up getting gear at an unrealistic pace.

3) The CC hackers were back selling 1000s of EB scrolls super cheap 5-10m ea people would keep this a secret buy them out at X time so people never saw they were selling so they could control the market and sell them for 40m each.

4) The CC hackers were back yet again when the composite manastones came out on the cash shop when you could pick the one you wanted same thing as above people did not allow people to see that they were selling so they could control the market.

This means everyone was equally geared and that greatly influenced peoples ability to be able to PvP competitively(Which is a good thing but that is not aion you mite as well of been playing on a private server). Now with 5.X unless you are a heavy spender or you cheat to obtain an advantage or obtain money you will consider this current patch to be shit not worth it and more then likely end up quitting. Even tho it seems to be balancing out slowly it will never be the same as it was back then due to the CC hackers. As well as the instance bug.

Katalam and Danaria were two of the best maps in this game. I started playing near the end of 3.7, so the 4.0-4.5 content is what I'm most familiar with, and I adored them. I think what made those camps so great were the blood mark camps, so people were nearly always there to pvp, and the fort sieges. On one hand, I'm glad Korea decided to consolidate the fortresses. There were too many between Gelk/Ing, Katalam/Danaria, and the Upper Abyss/Eye. Now, however, I do hope they either bring back those old maps (just updated to fit with w/e theme they're going for) or create new ones with maybe one fort each as well as add other activities for people to do, like the blood mark camps, so there's a reason for players to be out and about. The old maps just felt so alive and active. Illuma and Norsvold don't at all. Outside of capital cities they're almost completely empty, save for the few pvpers who show up from time to time.

Maybe they could bring them back in an 'instanced' format?

I agree that:

• Storywise, it wouldn't make sense to reinstate the maps in their old format (they were 'nuked' after all by Beritra).
  • The concept of the maps (with the camps and fortresses) would better be introduced in an entirely new map.

Since people also still love the looks and music and nostalgia-feelings from those maps though,
maybe they can be brought back as a memory or 'alternate future' thingie, similar to Dark Poeta.

Huge scale PvE / PvP instances maybe, like Everglade Canyon is atm. Would be cool ^^

2 hours ago, Sienna-BR said:

Katalam and Danaria were two of the best maps in this game. I started playing near the end of 3.7, so the 4.0-4.5 content is what I'm most familiar with, and I adored them. I think what made those camps so great were the blood mark camps, so people were nearly always there to pvp, and the fort sieges. On one hand, I'm glad Korea decided to consolidate the fortresses. There were too many between Gelk/Ing, Katalam/Danaria, and the Upper Abyss/Eye. Now, however, I do hope they either bring back those old maps (just updated to fit with w/e theme they're going for) or create new ones with maybe one fort each as well as add other activities for people to do, like the blood mark camps, so there's a reason for players to be out and about. The old maps just felt so alive and active. Illuma and Norsvold don't at all. Outside of capital cities they're almost completely empty, save for the few pvpers who show up from time to time.

Well, Divine Fortress in Abyss will open again in 5.8 but I don't think there's enough space to PvP there anyways (in a non-siege situation).

Also flight PvP is meh

8 hours ago, Andregark-IS said:

Well, Divine Fortress in Abyss will open again in 5.8 but I don't think there's enough space to PvP there anyways (in a non-siege situation).

Also flight PvP is meh

To be honest i hope 5.X is that last days of the abyss. It wont be, I know, But i really think it is time for it to be locked up by the head honcho of the dragon world then it to come back in like 7.x OR 10.X whenever we fight him and or her.

Deleting shared-faction maps was the worst decision NC has ever made.

Tiamarantra, Sarpan, Katalam and Danaria. I agree that Tia and Sarpan became ghost towns after the introduction of Katalam and Danaria, but there was still the instances, the Lore, and the dueling square that all the top dogs of both factions went for late-night fights.

People complained that Tia and Sarpan, the Eye especially, were too cramped. Then came the god-zones. Katalam and Danaria were so vast that you didn't have to worry about getting zerged 24/7, or camped if you were trying to get to place to place. There were multiple options and routes available to get from Point A to Point B. Need I even mention the amazing windstreams and escape routes one could take? Escaping zergs became an art.

If Norsvold and Iluma became ghost towns because everyone would leave and go to Katalam and Danaria, that isn't a bad thing. That says a lot about those zones.

The pvp in Katalam and Danaria were incredible, there were not those extremely strong guards we have on the new maps, it's not funny you want to do pvp in the open world, the NPCs of the cities are very ridiculous. If you can not go back with Katalam and Danaria I put something like what I had there.

Archived