Transparent Scrolls (yet again)

GenericUser25154

I know that this topic will probably be closed because there are other discussions about the same issue going on, but wtf is the matter with you guys?
Seriously. How do you expect to make money off of costumes if we can't see them? I have this amazing glowing-white dress that I can't see because 95% of the time I'm a freaking goat (or whatever is that Rotund transformation).

Come on now. It's been 4 months. Want to milk some money? How about sell the transparent scrolls for the same price as normal scrolls on the kinah shop, and then put ALL OF THE SKINS THAT YOU POSSIBLY CAN on the cash shop for 200-400 NCoins? 

Of course that it wouldn't be your only income, but I for one would be buying a few skins that I love.

Yea, the main reason people played Aion and put up with it was because they could make their characters look nice and run around and fight and look cool. . I thought it was stupid just to have candy that made you transform into a sheep for extra run/attack speed. Then 6.2 came out and they designed the whole game around that very bad idea. What are they thinking? The main reason I quit and was sad to go. Because I can't look cool anymore, so what's the point? I would probably still play this game if I could look like the character I created when I fight. What's the point? Just make everyone start the game and they can only pick from a dog, cat, sheep, panda, or a bunny rabbit. Maybe they had to downgrade their servers, so now it's better if everyone runs around looking like a thing that is already programmed . Seems like it. 6.2 doesn't feel like an upgrade, it feels like a downgrade.

I think the people who design these mmorpgs don't really understand why people play them making them good games. They do it all the time on every game. They will have something good, then ruin it with bad ideas. Like, dude, stop updating your game, just stop, you're gonna mess it up. They did that to Lineage II too. They jack that game up so bad, no one would play it, they had to open a legacy server with the original game on it to get people to play it again. I think they should do that with Aion too, Open a Aion 3.5 server, and see how many people come back, that was when Aion was good and fun.

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

> Spend 30 min to 1 hour or more creating a fantastic character for yourself

> Always hidden behind the transformations

Aion: Pretty Darn Good Character Creation for a 2009 Game

Aion: Lots of Skins

Aion: Hides that character behind a whatever the bloodfang thing is.

#hue

I think you are right. 

A lot of players want to see their toons in the original way and not just a bunchs of animals.... And of course it is a better way to sell skins on BCM if we can see them....

But I guess they are not so worried about that. I saw so few skins on sale. Even those from the sand market are the same since the first day. I really think they are mostly out of Aion for a while. Hope they come back. :S 

i think Koreans still hasn't decided to put down the transparent scroll system.... i know NA is trying to discussed it with them....

when an item is on BCM it will probably take some time to amend it (because it's part of their income)..

And i don't know what's taking them so long to decide, it's freakin' obvious, their income from COSTUME selling is probably down right now. 

Just like other players saying "What's the POINT of remodeling if I'm transformed into a cute F  c k i n   Animal?"

here is the LOGIC, Western People loves COOL, but KOREAN loves CUTE it explains a lot 9_9

I think NA should get a full control over this game!..... 

Cyan can't really solve the issues and it is not his job, he's just a representative of the Ncsoft (i guess), in this forums. Maybe his job is just to report about the Players Satisfactory and Complaints about the game to the higher ups and devs to discuss it with them.

But Cyan said a few weeks ago or so..... in a certain post that they are already discussing about this problem. So Stay put and Relax and hang a little longer we'll get there. soooooon.......

Knowing it took them months to fix the shard price, I have little faith In NCWest knowing well they’re trying to take advantage and make transparent scrolls “unique” as possible, but little did lil’ NCWest know that a lot of people here played KR and play EU/RU and know the original pricing for GST.

At this point if they don’t fix it soon, they’re basically trying to leech money out of players, fix that in 6.5 maybe and be like “we’re unique, guys”

Aion is running on fumes. They don't have the resources to continually making new skins to sell, so instead they're going to lease the skins you already bought. Reselling old content is cheaper than paying developers to come up with something novel.

NC has made the same mistake that all publishers seem to be making these days. They see falling revenue as players naturally move on to newer titles and respond with mechanics meant to increase profit per player at the expense of actual enjoyment of the game. This works in the short term as revenue stabilizes, but player retention plummets due to dissatisfaction and burn-out. This leads to more drops in revenue, which leads to more consumer-unfriendly money grabs, ect ect.

Loot boxes, RNG progression systems, overpriced skins, converting previously free mechanics into paid content. All of these are symptoms of publishers looking for the next quick fix to their systematic incompetence and failure to innovate. PC gaming has become mobile gaming with better graphics. When Aion charges by the minute to see skins you've already purchased, Blizzard sells a literal dot on the screen, Bethesda charges $15 for a reskinned emote in a $60 game, and EA shoves loot boxes down your throat at every opportunity, then you know the market is in crisis.

The next decade of gaming will be a major disruption as established developers fall victim to their own obsession with short term gains at the expense of long term viability. With Steam about to finally see some real competition from the Epic Games store, developers will benefit from better revenue splits as platforms compete for games, and the rise in crowd funding makes it easier to develop without relying on publisher money.

Star citizen might be a scam, and who knows how Ashes of Creation will fare. But those are just the first few to come down the pike, and first waves are rarely successful. My bet is we'll see a lot more independent studios finding success as market conditions become more favorable and players look for alternatives to the current top dogs kicking us at every turn.

Maybe studios like NC will realize their mistake in time. Or maybe they'll stick to their outdated, consumer unfriendly business models and go the way of Poloroid and Blockbuster; victims of their own hubris and complacency. Who can say.

In short: let me look like the slutty angel I was born to be, NC. Don't be stupid.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:57 PM, Morrigan-KT said:

When we've reached the point, (as MMO gamers), wherein we're forced to beg developers to allow us to give them our RL cash in order to be able to *temporarily* see the characters we create, (as we created them), that's when you know, MMORPG's are truly dead.

In most MMOROPGs after a while people will move to private servers because the company running the official servers always messes their game up. Look at world of warcraft, people hate the new expansion of WoW, dropping their subscriptions, but if you go to a private wotlk server back when WoW was amazing it is so lit, server capped with 12 thousand people online. Aion is the same way, more people are playing the private servers than the official. How are you going to let a private server be better than the official one? You dropped the Ball NC soft. You had a good game, back in 4.7 before you deleted everything. Who ever is working for you that wants everyone to look like stuffed animals, he needs to get fired, he ruined your game. Took the one thing that made Aion special, your character creation,  and ruined it.

On 22/2/2019 at 2:45 PM, Rainburrow-KT said:

Loot boxes, RNG progression systems, overpriced skins, converting previously free mechanics into paid content. All of these are symptoms of publishers looking for the next quick fix to their systematic incompetence and failure to innovate. PC gaming has become mobile gaming with better graphics. When Aion charges by the minute to see skins you've already purchased, Blizzard sells a literal dot on the screen, Bethesda charges $15 for a reskinned emote in a $60 game, and EA shoves loot boxes down your throat at every opportunity, then you know the market is in crisis.

The next decade of gaming will be a major disruption as established developers fall victim to their own obsession with short term gains at the expense of long term viability. With Steam about to finally see some real competition from the Epic Games store, developers will benefit from better revenue splits as platforms compete for games, and the rise in crowd funding makes it easier to develop without relying on publisher money.

You are right. It is impresive how many companies are doing the same things and failing. But MMORPGs are still working in some way. I also like RTS and management games and there the old companies are making even worse things. Games so imcompleted or bugged that nobody understand how are not considered pre alpha and how they sell them for 20-60 dollars. And I saw that some small groups are appearing and making new games. They work slowly yet some of their works are really good. Not sure if a MMORPG can be done by an small team of 4-10 people, but to be honest I never imagined that 1-4 persons can do some of the games I already saw. 

A big mmorpg just like aion can't really be done by 4-10 people, if they could, it might take them 15-20 years to finish the game. uhhmmm for example the God of War(i think the 1st one) it consist of more than 50 person just to complete it in 2-5 years. O.o

Archived