Been away a while.

Presley-DN

This may be in the forums somewhere, but I haven't played Aion in over a year. I seen a video recently that said something about new gear, and old was done.  I was wondering if my +15 Soph/Royal Capt Harp and my Royal Capt gear was still usuable, or if not will I be able to trade it for this new gear? I miss the community, and I'll be back soon. I just hope I'm not starting my SW over, I sure love Presley, and miss my toon. 

10 hours ago, Presley-DN said:

I was wondering if my +15 Soph/Royal Capt Harp and my Royal Capt gear was still usuable

I mean, yes, it's usable. But you're going to die very, very fast.

10 hours ago, Presley-DN said:

or if not will I be able to trade it for this new gear?

No. Only Prime Royal Commander gear that was at least +15 was able to be exchanged for the new gear.

Get yourself the basic Lakrum gear from the yellow/blue quests when you reach level 80, then start doing the camps around the Lakrum map. You kill 10 mobs (2 separate blue quests) at each camp and get 60 Genesis Crystals. These GCs are used to buy ancient pvp gear from NPCs in Lakrum. You purify that ancient gear to legendary and then to ultimate (eventually), which is the best pvp gear in the game.

25 minutes ago, Presley-DN said:

Ok, thank you. I guess when I get back on I'll do just that.  I've heard good things about the update.

Ehh. It has its pros and its cons. As a returning player, you'll want to focus on:

1. Getting at least a green transformation that is suitable for your class (gold/ancient would be better, but may take a bit of time to get). So run your pve instances and get the transformation contracts from the bosses and open them. Even if you hate pve, you need this for pvp. Your run/atk/cast speed will be very slow without it.
  2. Getting at least a B rank minion to level 7. It is very easy to get a B rank minion now. They're like 500k kinah on the broker, super easy to acquire. You'll collect minium from quests and pvp instances to level it up to level 7. This will give you extra stats.
  3. Run the Qubrinerk's instance as well as it gives you cubics to boost your stats. These things will all help since you'll have no gear to start with.
  4. Speaking of gear, get your few pieces of free Lakrum Protector gear from your yellow/blue quests at level 76, then go into Mirash Sanctuary (solo instance) and Cradle of Eternity (3-man instance) to get the next level of ancient gear. Once most of your Lakrum Protector pieces have been replaced with this, you can start doing Bastion of Souls and Frozen Monolith (both 6-man) to start working on your legendary/purple gear. Even if you don't like pve, this is still very useful because it will help you complete the camp quests more quickly for your pvp gear.
  5. Do your daily pvp instances (Dredge, Idgel Dome, and Evergale). Even if it's just a quick entry loss, it's still important because you'll get AP which you'll need to purify your ancient pvp gear to legendary. You'll also get enchantment stones for your gear.

Don't throw away these items; they're very important/useful:

1. Enchantment stones (importance: ancient > legendary > ultimate)
  2. Kibrium -- used for crafting various useful things
  3. Ridium -- used for purifying pvp gear to the next level
  4. Genesis crystals -- used for buying pvp gear or crafting daevanian skillbooks in the next patch
  5. Cubics -- register these in your Cubics menu for extra stats
  6. Manastones -- if you get some you don't need for your class, sell them on the broker for kinah
  7. Transformation scrolls -- you need these to transform into whatever transformations you get from the contracts
  8. Any old, tradeable skins you might have -- skins are hard to get now, so sell them on the broker for kinah if you want
  9. Fighting Spirit Fragments -- used for purifying pvp gear to the next level

About gear...

I was able to complete the campaing and reach lvl 80 doing most of the quest in Lakrum with my old harvester gear. So your old gear is not a total waste of space. 

You can use all the old gears that you have and some of them can be still nice skins for you. But we have a new restriction where now each class is limited to only 1 material. For example, clerics, can only use chain. So we can not wear our old cloth items. If you have a gladiator you wont be able to use leather or chain. But as a SW you already had that limitation. 

yet you will find your old gear a little weak soon and you will want to replace it with new items. Vantheria already gave you a lot of tips about getting new gear. 

Seriously thank you all so much for your help. I'm on a my phone right now and its hard for me to quote one of you,  but if you knew Presley on Aion you'd know I'm the queen of Skins. I'm not saying I own the most,  but I've got over 100 from the game because seriously Skins are what I loved about Aion. I have a lot of plastic surgery tickets too. Aion was my life in a hard time,  and as a community you haven't let me down.  I'll be back I  soon if all goes well.  Thank you for all your help. I guess I'll use my old gear to pve but upgrade asap. I look forward to this. 

13 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Ehh. It has its pros and its cons. As a returning player, you'll want to focus on:

1. Getting at least a green transformation that is suitable for your class (gold/ancient would be better, but may take a bit of time to get). So run your pve instances and get the transformation contracts from the bosses and open them. Even if you hate pve, you need this for pvp. Your run/atk/cast speed will be very slow without it.
  2. Getting at least a B rank minion to level 7. It is very easy to get a B rank minion now. They're like 500k kinah on the broker, super easy to acquire. You'll collect minium from quests and pvp instances to level it up to level 7. This will give you extra stats.
  3. Run the Qubrinerk's instance as well as it gives you cubics to boost your stats. These things will all help since you'll have no gear to start with.
  4. Speaking of gear, get your few pieces of free Lakrum Protector gear from your yellow/blue quests at level 76, then go into Mirash Sanctuary (solo instance) and Cradle of Eternity (3-man instance) to get the next level of ancient gear. Once most of your Lakrum Protector pieces have been replaced with this, you can start doing Bastion of Souls and Frozen Monolith (both 6-man) to start working on your legendary/purple gear. Even if you don't like pve, this is still very useful because it will help you complete the camp quests more quickly for your pvp gear.
  5. Do your daily pvp instances (Dredge, Idgel Dome, and Evergale). Even if it's just a quick entry loss, it's still important because you'll get AP which you'll need to purify your ancient pvp gear to legendary. You'll also get enchantment stones for your gear.

Don't throw away these items; they're very important/useful:

1. Enchantment stones (importance: ancient > legendary > ultimate)
  2. Kibrium -- used for crafting various useful things
  3. Ridium -- used for purifying pvp gear to the next level
  4. Genesis crystals -- used for buying pvp gear or crafting daevanian skillbooks in the next patch
  5. Cubics -- register these in your Cubics menu for extra stats
  6. Manastones -- if you get some you don't need for your class, sell them on the broker for kinah
  7. Transformation scrolls -- you need these to transform into whatever transformations you get from the contracts
  8. Any old, tradeable skins you might have -- skins are hard to get now, so sell them on the broker for kinah if you want
  9. Fighting Spirit Fragments -- used for purifying pvp gear to the next level

I didn't give you enough credit for this.  Truely thank you very much. This was very much appreciated.

recently experiented an issues as a player, and I think it might be came from my misinformation about the game.

I play as a cleric and everything was fine until i passed lvl 70 then i change location and everyone seems already lvl80 im constantly assaulted by elyos (im the balaur zone) everyone seems having a better gear, movement speed or mount, etc. And im still at the point try to figure how to craft with Aetherforging. Did you normally acquired all the skills when you level up? why all instance are soooo hard, i seems underlevel and anyone want to play with me cause i seem to not have the proper gear.... I didint seem to do damage, everyone in my zone almost one shot the mobs and i still need to cast all my spell on them. Why in PVP people can one shot me? they just seems too over power, did i miss something, even the Instance where normally we can enter solo, it's SUPER heavy or easy peasy... Im sorry to bother but its kinda ruin my gameplay since i didint seems to be at the good place?! ive passed from a place where everyone seems fine just as me and where i can barely find other player to a city overcrouded with alot of people over power... did i miss something, i really need help. I didint figure the potion transformation point?! the last time i played we used the scroll of greater running and classes where u can forge, sew, craft still exist... im complety lost... 

When you're level 75, you go to Lakrum, which is a PvPvE zone.

At level 75, do the gold and dark blue quests near the fort to level up and get basic PvE gear. (Lakrum Protector's gear)

You can also get the Lakrum Scout's (PvP) gear, but you might as well be wearing paper. It's terrible.

Do Mirash Sanctum. It's a solo instance. There should be video guides to 6.2 Mirash Sanctum on YouTube. It gives you transformation contracts (which you need to unlock the transforms, which are what provide run/atk/cast speed now), accessories, and wings.

There's a 3-person instance called Cradle of Eternity (CoE); I'm not 100% sure what level it unlocks (78?). It's pretty straightforward (just watch a video on youtube about 6.2 CoE or Garden of Knowledge(?)). It gives you the PvE gear you need to do Frozen Monolith and Bastion of Souls PvE instances, as well as transformation contracts.

PvP...the gear gap is super broken. Do the quests at the camps around Lakrum to get Genesis Crystals. You use those to buy your new PvP gear. You'll still be paper, though. You need to enchant that PvP gear to +15, and then you can upgrade it to the next version, which you also enchant to +15, and you upgrade it to the final version. (ancient [gold] -> legendary [purple] -> ultimate [...red?]) You'll probably remain paper in PvP until you get your gear to legendary with some enchanting done.

There's probably 6.2 aetherforging guides floating around, but it's probably not something you really want to worry about right now.

Archived