Classic server if NC do it how and why they should do it ?

Neleth-KT

Here I'll list questions I can think of ?

-Why they should do it how classic server be good to NCwest ?

Honestly this is a tough question because if the answer is it's what players wanted it's not enough.The closest answer I can get is because Lineage 2 did it so we should do it too and it will get a lot of players to play which is good to NCwest.

-If they plan a classic server which version they should base on ?

We all know 4.7 is the last version that most people accept was the best before they destroyed 4 maps and replaced it with abysmal Cygnea/Enshar but I think we should start out at 3.0 because we won't run out of update before 4.7 so soon.

-Any special implement or add-ons on classic server ? or just port directly from that era ?

I think if we based on 3.0 we should have skills renewal from 6.2 custom chain skills and manastones not destroy all from 4.7,BM camp spawn time(I believed I'm not so sure) and update the game every 3 month release a new class once per update(SW,GUNNER,AT) maybe luna from 5.0 with skins,mounts,pets too

-How we ensure people will come to play on classic server? How we make sure server will not just die like Berita and EK ?

Because people who will play classic will be old players back from early day of Aion,at this point we should admit Aion will not attract new players anymore.So the best we can do is giving old players with the best memories of Aion from 3.0 days,that will get them to come back.I'm sure Aion classic won't failed like Berita or EK because it offers something totally different from main server.

-Classic server will dead end on update,how we can keep this server running and update ?

That's the biggest problem isn't it ? Once we reached 4.7 and what next ? To be honest this progress requires Korea help what I would do is what if Berita never destroyed maps,Keep 4 maps and update with 4.8 and go on maybe Cygnea never happened :D.It's really depend how classic server success at this point.

-What items in BCM that NCwest should sell on classic server ?

Ok I think they should sell skins from 6.2 and so on in classic server and 7 days amulet that prevent soul sickness effect when die sell medals (sorry pvpers I think u will upset :o) limited 1 medal per day per account (40 ncoin or something).Try to sell lucky wings at affordable price not 1920 ncoin but at 320 ncoins.No point to sell beautiful wings at crazy price if nobody buy.

That's all questions I can think for now please comment down below ;D

Actually I saw that a lot of peple created private-pirate servers with this idea. I saw so many advertisement from servers with 3.7, 4.0 or 4.7 versions of Aion. 

I started Aion on a Private (Pirate) server. Wasn´t my intention. I just googled Aion and was the first option. I learned about the game and NCSoft later. Those servers have a lot of issues, bugs and incomplete content. So Obviously NCSoft has a lot of advantage creating something like that. I guess a lot of people would love to play and old version but in the real servers. 

How to do about the lack of updates?

well, can be an option to start from a previous nice version. Maybe 2.X or 3.0 and with planned updates going up to 4.7 in some years. Or maybe just startting as 4.0 or 4.7 or a choosen version and make the progress slower than what we had. 

Of course that server can not have endgame gear as rewards like we had in the past. But still can be sold a lot of skins, instance entries, prestige packs, pets, etc...

I think it can be an option. A cheap one cause I guess the code is somewhere stored. Most of the bugs and issues for those old versions where already fixed. 

Of course that server can not be merged if fails (not the same version in the first place). But maybe is not a bad idea to take it into consideration. 

52 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

-How we ensure people will come to play on classic server? How we make sure server will not just die like Berita and EK ?

Players kill servers not servers. If you do not have enough players which a classic server would not then there is 0 point in releasing one.

1 minute ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Players kill servers not servers. If you do not have enough players which a classic server would not then there is 0 point in releasing one.

I believed most of classic players will be old players who quitted Aion during 3.0 til 4.7 :)

1 hour ago, Neleth-KT said:

I believed most of classic players will be old players who quitted Aion during 3.0 til 4.7 :)

Why did they quit Aion in the first place. I know more people who quit over the way NCwest lacks the ability to run their own servers then i did know who quit over crappy content that came after EBonline.

I feel your only thinking of the good times and not the times where 60-80% of the players you run in to are astronaut's if ya get my drift. 

1 minute ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Why did they quit Aion in the first place. I know more people who quit over the way NCwest lacks the ability to run their own servers then i did know who quit over crappy content that came after EBonline.

That's a good question :o

Well few of my friends did quitted because hard leveling in 5.x and some quitted during 6.2 but they never stated why they quitted tho.

33 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I feel your only thinking of the good times and not the times where 60-80% of the players you run in to are astronaut's if ya get my drift. 

Yep that's right I think of good times and want that to return to me.I'm not sure what're astronauts in your meaning if you don't mind to explain ? :o

I remember playing Aion back when it launched but it was a private server. A buggy mess but that's what made me strive to play the official servers eventually. A classic server won't happen because Korea won't allow it, pretty sure there was a similar discussion on EU forums about it, Galeas (or was it Senpai) mentioned Korea won't allow THEM to do it, but who knows for us.

21 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

Hell no. Yet another server to divide the playerbase again.
I hope it never happens. I did enjoy 4.x the most, but that would definitely kill the other servers. We would of have 3 servers half-empty.

With respect Konkers but how exactly keeping 3 servers will make Aion more alive ? o_O

Aion pop shrink down everyday.If we do nothing then closing server is await at the end.

Classic server may be not the best idea or maybe it will shrink down other servers but would you rather do nothing and wait all servers close itself by doing nothing? o_o

I believed you saw Q4 of how Aion doing ? they doing worst.

8 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I know people who left in 5.X cause it was so boring to level up and they found so hard to do some instances. I know people who left since 4.X cause they found the game so P2W. Other friends left cause they found so many hackers. A couple of them left cause they lost some activities they did that they found funny even when nobody else does (like collecting materials, crafting and housing) and starting in 4.0 NCSoft destroyed all that. Some left cause other friends left before. And some friends left after NCSoft removed something they liked. Like Katalam or Tiamaranta. One of those left cause she liked some skills and they were removed in Aion 6.2 losing those effects forever. 

I am agree that was NCSoft fault. So many bad choices. 

Since you like to type the same thing over and over, I figured I should join in, too!

Aion doesn't have a larger enough player base for a classic server and it never will. Hell. It doesn't even have the player base for three servers. (i.e. EK was a mistake.)

And lololol.. bring up "private servers" and pointing out how bugged they are, like this is some big surprise. They aren't bugged. They are pirated.. STOLEN. They steal the code. They steal the artwork. They steal the music. They steal the game theory. They take the work and intellectual property of others without compensating those people and then profit from it. 

OH!. Ty Timmain and Matsukamy. Those were the astronauts. Hacks were a real issue back them. I do not see hacks now. But I can be wrong. That gravity hack helped a lot of people to reach 75 in Fallen Poeta....

I know Aly. For that reasson I used the pirate-private dual words. They steal the game and get profit selling items inside. I know how they work, cause was the first place where I played (Infinite Aion). I did not wanted a pirate place. I just did not know wich one was the oficial. I just had a picture with the name Aion. I used Google and was the first page on the list. Half of the quest were impossible to do. 

Also I see the point about how a bad idea can be to make new servers. I was on the same train when we talked about EK few days ago and I still think is a really bad idea to make new servers. Just like you say we are so few here for more servers. 

But with this, I just saw it as something different. Like another game. Actually is not the same game than we have. It may atrack other public. I think there are a lot of people that really hated Aion after 4.8 and will not play 6.2 or 6.5 or even 7.0. But maybe they will want to play the old game. And I mentioned the pirate servers cause they try to take profit from those old players. 

Just planning if I have to design 4.8 alternate and so on until 6.2 alternate :P

Starting out from 4.8 I would still remove 4 maps but I'll keep original (add them as a portal in Cygnea)AM/EF instead of SAM,original Raksang with more kahrun coin rewards and original RB so everyone can farm skins as they were in 4.7 :) and remove level limit on those instances.

When 5.3 hits I'll not deactived inggison/gelk forts and keep it on so players can keep farming skins.

When 6.2 I'll keep all maps excepted Levinshor and Kaldor but reduced size map like Sanctum in current 6.2,I'll keep all crafting and gathering there keeping all instances but remove level limit cap.Remove transformation system.Abyss and instances can be gone.Maybe will make leveling a bit longer but more rewarding with skins,wings from quest,Ofc I'm keeping luna and all white must be tradable.Kinah trade or not I don't mind o_o

That's my plan with alt 4.8 xD 

NC-Soft planned a mass layoffs of ArenaNet's employees (and GW2 revenue is not lower than the Aion's one) and you think that they will open a classic server in NA Aion? For 30 players? Yea, keep dreaming.

They didn't shut down Aion in NA only because there are 2 people working on it: Cyan, and hopefully someone who cleans his office room.

They just didn't shut down NA yet ;)

Shutdown will eventually happens no matter there's a classic or not if we still manage unprofessionally.
Cyan is just a man not god nor savior of Aion.He just doing his job you know and he can't stop servers from being shut down if NC really want to.

A classic server means more investments, higher costs. NC-Soft NA already proved to be unprofessional, countless times. People that remained to play Aion already know the company, no one expects professionality from NC-Soft. They just like(d) the game too much to give up.

If they reduced the staff working on Aion NA, it means that they don't want to invest in this game, so a new version of the game, with a new launcher, is out of the question (at least it's what I'd do). If they had money to invest, they would better invest it in what they have now, fixing bugs that are here from the first day of the 6.2 for example.

So a classic server might accelerate the Aion's death indeed. While a better "professionality" won't change much at this point. What it's lost is lost (see GF, even if they are definitely better now, they still keep a terrible reputation).

2 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

A classic server means more investments, higher costs. NC-Soft NA already proved to be unprofessional, countless times. People that remained to play Aion already know the company, no one expects professionality from NC-Soft. They just like(d) the game too much to give up.

If they reduced the staff working on Aion NA, it means that they don't want to invest in this game, so a new version of the game, with a new launcher, is out of the question (at least it's what I'd do). If they had money to invest, they would better invest it in what they have now, fixing bugs that are here from the first day of the 6.2 for example.

So a classic server might accelerate the Aion's death indeed. While a better "professionality" won't change much at this point. What it's lost is lost (see GF, even if they are definitely better now, they still keep a terrible reputation).

And yet they got enough fund to invest a mobile game Legions of War xD
The point is if they do nothing the game will die but if they do something the game might alive or die ;)
Concept of classic servers proven by Lineage 2,Tera,WoW already that old games need old players it just can't attract new players because it out of date graphics gameplay or anything.

However Aion will die or not they don't care because they still employed to manage other games.
Maybe time to change NCwest CEO ? :D

And yes manage professionally can change fate of the server let say if they said will make transparent scrolls default today and luna skins back now ? Add a lot of BCM skins and price like RU add event every week and decent prize like EU will people come back and buy ? hell yes :x

Archived