Forums

Mantra Combinations for Chanter

Vantheria-DN

I was in UA siege last night and was in a group with another chanter. This other chanter had on celerity, and it confused the heck out of me. There's no running involved, so why? I thought maybe there was a legitimate reason to have celerity on while flying and I just don't know about it lol. But anyway, it got me wondering what combinations chanters like to use for various things? I'd like to read other people's ideas.

I pretty much always have on Invincibility live_ch_chant_invincible_g1.png and Hit live_ch_chant_improvedcritical_g1.png. For my third mantra, I mix it up depending on the situation.

For UA siege/flying, I like to use Wind ch_chant_windywings_g1.png as it's good for moving quickly and also helps to restore flight time when your wings get clipped.

For PVP, I like Celerity cbt_ch_chant_improvedmove_g1.png because it's always good to be faster than your opponents -- either to catch them or run from them. :D

For PVE, I use Revival cbt_ch_chant_regeneration_g1.png when the group is doing good/okay. If we're getting pounded and struggling to keep up with heals, I may switch to Shield cbt_ch_chant_improveddefend_g1.png to help buffer up our defenses.

I am mostly the same as you, except for minor differences.

Invincibility + Hit + Revival: I do not only use it for PvE. If I know we will be standing still, I leave that one on. Who the nyerk needs more speed in IDL?

I have never used Shield. Ever. I personally find improved healing effect a lot more effective than a miserable boost on defences stats that only help players who made a set specifically for those stats.

Wind mantra in Reshanta is a no brainer. :P

29 minutes ago, Bryos-TM said:

Wind mantra in Reshanta is a no brainer. :P

Well, that's what I thought too, but then I saw the other chanter with celerity and was like ???? am I missing something here? lol Must have just not been paying attention to what he/she had on.

Good point on IDL/celerity. Will keep that in mind.

Thus far I've only played solo (except for siege). My default is Invincibility, Revival and Celerity but I change Celerity to Hit if I'm on a mob that's going to take a while to get down. I also use Wind in the Abyss while flying BUT will switch to Celerity if I'm going to be running around killing mobs for a while and not in flight.

I'm kind of a Celerity addict. When I'm on my SW I feel so slowwwww....

For easy low level pve instance I use invicibility, hit & celerity. Medium - hard pve instance I use invicibility, hit & revival. In UA siege, since my faction is so rare to have flight buff from landing lv 3, so I use invicibilty, hit & wind. I only use shield mantra for luna instances and when my group need to train mobs.

actually the P.Def and Strike Fortitude you get from Shield Mantra won't help you, neither in PVE or PVP. This mantra is useless most of time. I woudn't recommend using it instead of Revival, except, like Bryos said, to help people who have specific sets, like BLOCK and (hummm) Evasion.

4 hours ago, NukeYou-KR said:

actually the P.Def and Strike Fortitude you get from Shield Mantra won't help you, neither in PVE or PVP. This mantra is useless most of time. I woudn't recommend using it instead of Revival, except, like Bryos said, to help people who have specific sets, like BLOCK and (hummm) Evasion.

Good to know, thank you!

Actually Wind Mantra at UA siege is a waste most of the time.  If sieges were like they used to be then you would be correct but since it has turned into just killing a couple dragons and and AFK fest then your really putting up a mantra that is not really being used and most of us have a flight buff from the landing anyway.  I guess if it makes you feel better you can have it up till you get to the fort but once you get there, your better off swapping wind out for revival.  I am sure the cleric in your group will agree.

39 minutes ago, Gabe-TM said:

you can have it up till you get to the fort but once you get there, your better off swapping wind out for revival.

That is what I do.

Landing flight buff goes away when you die. Not sure about other servers, but there are a lot of deaths on IS-A. (We have less than 100 people at siege usually.) Very few people still have the flight buff at the end of siege, and a lot of people seem to forget to buy their wind serums lol. So when their wings get clipped by mobs, they fall and then get jumped on by 20 mobs.

Archived