Forums

Is there any solid way to get a hacker banned?

Arhangelos

I am making this question because I do not want to complain about no animation hackers and open tickets or anything. I want a way to make sure that hacker that is blatantly using no animation hack to get reported in a way that is a solid way to expose him.

Does making a video show proof of someone hitting way too fast?
Does having aiDPs or Aion Rainmeter provide proof?

Because I was told videos are not proof of animation hacks because they can be manipulated to look faster by editing it to look like that and dps meters are not an acceptable way since they are 3rd party software, so I wanted to know if this claim is true or not.

Video can be proof for people using glide hacks, or gravity hacks or eye-hide hacks etc because they show a direct and blatant hack that is undeniable. BUT my problem is animation hackers.
So how do you get a hacker to get reported properly and get banned? I do not want to open a ticket and "complain" to the GM that will reply to me with a copy-pasted message. This game is going to die because of these hackers.

With no-ani, we're all SOL. I guess there's no easy way to retrieve the game logs on NC's end to prove no-ani? Either way, it's garbage.

You can try PM'ing Cyan, but I've seen people stream with their hack program visible who haven't gotten banned...

Hacks are bullshit, and NCsoft's handling of them isn't better.

You can get hackers banned, but it is way harder than it should be.

Video proof is the only "proof" that Support will accept. And even with that proof, they pretty much have to go into game and see this behavior for themselves. Your video would just be a starting point. They won't accept aiDPs or Rainmeter. In fact they probably won't even understand them. Especially if you are talking about attack speed.

You are correct that videos are good proof of glide hacks and Supermen. But even with those, Support has to go back to their own logs and use their data to confirm that the player was at a Z coordinate that they can't possibly get to on their own. (i.e. They aren't gliding from a mountain)

We are told that multiple tickets regarding different incidents (not many reports of the same incident) -helps- get someone to be looked at. You can also try and start a dialog with someone like Cyan, who can advocate for your tickets with Support and keep Support from just ignoring you because it is just too hard for them to do anything.

The inability for NCWest to ban players that we are all 100% sure are hacking is really horrible. And I'm not talking about the knee-jerk-reaction of some players to cry "HACKS!" whenever someone beats them. I am talking about the players that had dozens of aiDPS reports and have even admitted that they hack on discords and social media.

It's harder for no animation hack because of so many people crying wolf. There is this one Elyos who always shouts that my friends and I are hacking every time we come near him, but we aren't. He's just not good. So yeah. Noani hack is hard to prove, and baseless accusations run wild for it.

32 minutes ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

You're basically going to have to stalk whoever it is you're trying to get banned and make your Aion experience that of delivering justice upon them, full time.

Enjoy.

Bonus points when you finally realize that doesn't work, and Support is garbage. :<

Some of the previous answers are really good and shows the experience we had in the past, so no need to repeat all that. 

maybe I can add:

Usually NCSoft does not take reports from aidps meter or ARM as valid proofs cause are third party software and it is hard to know how they work and if they can be modified by someone to create a false proof. 

Also just sending a ticket with a complain about somebody can be something useless cause there is a lot of people complaining and a lot of false hackussations. 

Sending a video to them can be more profitable cause that will give them something to see. Prob they wont ban somebody just with that proof, but will try to check that player. Can not be taken as a definitive proof cause sometimes between the lag, ping and bugs that a "Player A" is having and the lag, ping and bugs from "Player B" some funny visual things can happen. Probably everybody here saw in the past weird things like people running in a straight line and falling in a hole and few secs later appearing behind you (usually a lag issue) or people floating with their legs upside and wings opened in the middle of the city. So even if a no gravity hack can be so obvious in a video (or noanimation hack) they still need to check. 

But there is something more usefull actually. If you can send to support some information about something imposible to check, they will be able to look for that. 

just to give you an example. In the past some people complained about using hacks inside an old instance called Fallen Poeta. The denounces talked about people using hacks to get a lot of experience in an unfair way. But what made so easy to ban people doing that was an impossible situation that was easy to check. The cheaters destroyed some relics to get experience without breaking the barricades in the middle of them. So was so easy for support to check the events with the relics destroyed but no barricade. And was imposible to jump them, so the cheat was so obvious and those players banned. 

So, if you can give them something imposible to do, to look fo. Something imposible a cheater did.... Like killing a thing A in one place and a thing B in another place but the time used to move form one place to the other it is imposible to be done in an honest way.... Or certain actions in a precise moment, maybe they can just go there and check that and will have a final proof. 

This has been a problem for years, if they didnt do anything about it then, do you think they would care about it now?

Dont try with aiDPs and Aion Rainmeter, they probably dont know how that works and wont take you seriously...

NCsoft only bans people if its about losing money(exploiting  a game bug to get more free entries in game, it has happened before etc.) and few day ban for offensive words....

tl;dr there's simply no easy way... and support is garbage as cheesecake stated.

When I asked support about some info about stigmas by the end of 5.8 period I was provided with information about stigmas PRE 4.8 patch... so yeah, make your own picture about support... + COPY PASTA

• 2 weeks later...

From Producer's Letter: Beyond the Windstream: Dec, 2016.

• "We would like to remind players to play Aion fairly. Should you find a player cheating do reach out to us."

I have submitted tickets with video showing suspect play beyond normal game limitations, and from time to time, it works.

• About 2 weeks after submitting the ticket, the player character in question vanished, and I never saw that character again.
  1. An aggressive approach to find and remove those who are playing un-fairly will dramatically increase Aion's profits.
  2. Players using un-fair methods have no need to spend any real money on this game at all.
  3. Players who do play fairly become discouraged and spend their money on other games.
  4. North America now has only three (3) servers.
  5. A new, better, fair, and affective strategy for removing those who are playing un-fairly will bring former players back to Aion and increase the number of new players enjoying our great game of Aion.

MayBlue

13 hours ago, MayBlue-DN said:

From Producer's Letter: Beyond the Windstream: Dec, 2016.

• "We would like to remind players to play Aion fairly. Should you find a player cheating do reach out to us."

I have submitted tickets with video showing suspect play beyond normal game limitations, and from time to time, it works.

• About 2 weeks after submitting the ticket, the player character in question vanished, and I never saw that character again.

You mean a "Superman"? (aka someone flying where you can't fly or leaping straight into the air) Those are easier to get banned. I believe the OP is talking more about no-animation hackers, which is much harder to prove. You can send a video of someone who is landing 10 skills in a second and Support is going to scratch their heads and wonder what we are trying to prove.

15 minutes ago, StaNooblaitK-KT said:

Psh I have seen footage of cheaters and they still around... I seen people either stop playing for a few or they only got a temp ban? I thought if you used hacks or whatever 3rd party programs it's a perm ban?

You have to be able to prove it.

We all know Support is stupid. They just don't Aion. In fact, they don't even know what an Aion is. You send them a video of a player just all of a sudden leaping into the air and running away 100m above everyone's heads. Hands down, that's a hack. Even Support can figure that one out. Now imagine you send them a video of a gunner who hits you a dozen times in one second. Support will look at that and scratch their heads thinking, "Well.. guns are fast!"

You are correct. Using third-party will get you banned. But you have to be caught first. We play Aion. We know what's possible and what isn't. We know who is hacking and who isn't. Problem is that Support can't even figure out how to turn their own computers on in the morning, let alone how fast a gunner should attack.

26 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

You have to be able to prove it.

We all know Support is stupid. They just don't Aion. In fact, they don't even know what an Aion is. You send them a video of a player just all of a sudden leaping into the air and running away 100m above everyone's heads. Hands down, that's a hack. Even Support can figure that one out. Now imagine you send them a video of a gunner who hits you a dozen times in one second. Support will look at that and scratch their heads thinking, "Well.. guns are fast!"

You are correct. Using third-party will get you banned. But you have to be caught first. We play Aion. We know what's possible and what isn't. We know who is hacking and who isn't. Problem is that Support can't even figure out how to turn their own computers on in the morning, let alone how fast a gunner should attack.

I never really cared for telling other who cheat or who is fishy. Personally when it comes to PC gaming I don't really trust anyone really anymore. People can do the smallest tweaks just to get small advantage. Some some really smooth aimbots for shooters and they look super legit but obviously he's cheating. I have seen walls that can be turned off and on and some that don't show even when using and recording... Then what my friend has shown me on a mmo of what cheat engine can do. PC gaming is a scary thing.

8 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You are correct. Using third-party will get you banned. But you have to be caught first. We play Aion. We know what's possible and what isn't. We know who is hacking and who isn't.

The sad truth is most players do not know what is and what is not possible. The amount of people who complain hacks when they are wearing all yellow PvE gear is unbelievably high. An even worse truth is the amount of players that believe a screen shot is enough evidence to get a player banned. Players are just as stupid as the support and when 2 stupid groups work together you end up with 0 results.

I called this out back in 2016 and it fell on deaf ears. 

People on forums mocked me for claiming animation hacks and said it wasn’t possible.

The community finally warmed up to the existence of this, but the staff aren’t. The problem is that they don’t have the resources to care about these incidents. 

If you can’t beat them, join them. If you can beat them, relish in the fact you’re outplaying them with a handicap.

17 minutes ago, Gundam-KT said:

I called this out back in 2016 and it fell on deaf ears. 

People on forums mocked me for claiming animation hacks and said it wasn’t possible.

*snip*

Lol. Really? Way way back in 2016?

I haven't seen anyone "mocked" on the forums for saying that no-ani hacks exist and I know for a fact that I was talking about them personally long before '16. I was hardly the only one. I have, however, seen people mocked for claiming every single person that beats them in PvP must automatically be a hacker, which makes @HealingSquid-KT's point. The sheer magnitude of false hackusations in this (and many) gaming community is mind boggling and diminish the real incidents of hacking.

And you are incorrect. The staff knows no-ani exists. They aren't retarded. They can look at Vanilla tools the same as anyone else. They just don't have a reliable way to prove them to Support. Because Support.

@Aly-DNI think you read things to logically sometimes. I think since you have always been an active forum user you really would know lots of what goes on and if your active in communities outside . It really is an undeniable truth that cheaters were actively defending themselves and getting their friends to defend them as well. I feel this is the mocking they are talking about.

If you called out a legitimate player for cheating the vast majority of these threads were less then a page long and usually only the accused responded back because no one else bothered to get involved due to it being yet another hacker thread. However if you called out a cheater you would see upwards of 5+ players trying to invalidate the opinion of someone who called out that cheater. 

Maybe i let my mind wander when i read what people are saying but i genuinely feel that is what @Gundam-KT is talking about.

Archived