EK Server Situation

@Cyan theres some issues with EK Server, since the population of Elyos just rip, like 40-50 Online and peer Siege also the same number. So talking about this, theres gonna be any incentives or another Buff to help low population factions or a possible Merge or Free Xfer?

Please stop ignoring post about this.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They never offered free transfers beyond the very first merge of the game and did not offer paid transfers to/from Kahrun & Beritra for a very long time. New servers are nothing more than a mistake, and no one learned that lesson with Kahrun and Beritra (sadly innocent, new players are the ones who are really harmed with this).

For the game's sake, I hope the do merge EK (soon, not "nc soon"). 

Because they offered free transfers after the first merge shows that they -can- offer them now.

Things are bad on EK. Players from EK have come to the forums to say that the Elyos have 25 players for sieges. So asking 500 to 600 players on KT or DN to lose their names, houses and ranks in order to merge them with 100 players from EK would be an extremely stupid thing to do. Especially when literally 80% of the forums posters warned that opening a new server was a mistake.

It would be much more customer friendly for NCWest to offer the players on EK free server transfers for several weeks. Should any character not be transferred in that time, they could then force transfer them with the Elyos going to DN and the Asmodians going to KT (to help with faction balance). 

41 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Things are bad on EK. Players from EK have come to the forums to say that the Elyos have 25 players for sieges. So asking 500 to 600 players on KT or DN to lose their names, houses and ranks in order to merge them with 100 players from EK would be an extremely stupid thing to do. Especially when literally 80% of the forums posters warned that opening a new server was a mistake.

It certainly isn't 25 players, that is an exageration. It's closer to 100 but going down. Asmo numbers are also going down, although I see some new players lvling up on both sides. (can't tell if are just alts or really new players).

Anyway, certainly NC is monitoring the numbers, and their decision on what to do will be based on that.

I left a long time ago.  Even got to do two sieges last night.  Lost on DN, switched to EK Elyos and won.

I don't think the number someone put up of 3:1 Asmos advantage is correct.  Felt more like 4+:1.

Look how long it took last night with level 5 to win.  And how close the Asmos were to actually wiping us before we dropped the diety.

Just for reference, I'm one of the most active EK-E on the server. Most times we are lucky to have over 30 people on, including bots. Siege last night we capped out at 81 people present. We are losing roughly 5 people a week right now. Last time we had over 100 for siege was mid February.

While a merge may hurt others in DN/KT, what about those of us that have put in a lot of time on EK? Just cause your toon is older and has afked longer doesn't give it priority. Was the last merge a mess? Absolutely. Do I expect housing etc to be reset to make up for those in EK losing theirs? No. But something other than flat out neglecting and forcing those of us who have worked hard on EK into bottom of the barrel just cause Poco and GP horders from 4.x to 5.8 getting 3k GP a week only to AFK sieges and various other instances let alone in the respective races primary bases is absurd. Majority of those who would be forced into another server, be they older players who wanted a fresh start like myself or brand new players who decided to roll on EK will most likely not even bother on the server they get moved to.

We should not be directly punished by having our efforts be for naught due to NcWests poor management of the server. (I fully admit I expected this outcome eventually)

@Aly-DNAlso, Colonel says F you. (Just passing the message, no reference as to why.)

Here is an idea that could be implemented when they solve whatever problem they have with transfers right now.

1- Check what are the current unbalances regarding population.

2- Open transfers to all servers including EK to the other servers making it cheaper to go to servers when you are going to have a disadvantage, and expensive otherwise.

3- Add to the transfer to a bad place some sort of incentive, like a few weeks of free prestige, items, skins, enchants, whatever.

4- Make transfers a seasonal thing, like, let's say, opened every 3 months or 2 months or so. This way people can check in and out

5- Allow transfers to other faction(while I know this is currently impossible, it is a good idea anyway)

@Matsukamy-KT Primary thing for your 3rd listed suggestion, I would prefer GP compensation or the like to at least keep those of us who have worked hard and spent so much time in the running for the rank we currently hold. (at this point i'm a General) As for faction switching, I've seen that idea listed before but never really considered it as a thing they would actually implement. Not a bad idea, but extremely unlikely.

(second solution for the GP thing would be a poco or GP bonus for sieges that applies to those being essentially forced out of EK only)

Seasonal transfers would be a generally good idea due to it giving the extremely small team that works on aion time to work around the balancing of the server and be able to place more accurate limits on transfers in the future.

23 minutes ago, Siax-EK said:

I would prefer GP compensation or the like to at least keep those of us who have worked hard and spent so much time in the running for the rank we currently hold. (at this point i'm a General)

Quick, shaky math: If you've attended every siege on EK since patch, you probably have 15k or 16k GP, is that about right? If that's the case, that would get you nowhere on DN or KT even if you kept it all at transfer. I have 230k GP and I'm only a 4-star with no chance of reaching 5-star unless about 25 people quit the game.

Unless you're suggesting NCsoft give you ADDITIONAL GP that you didn't earn just for transferring -- which isn't really right or fair.

8 minutes ago, Siax-EK said:

I don't expect it to be GIVEN, @Vantheria-DN. But simply ways for those of us essentially forced off EK to be able to attain quests etc that allow us to earn a bit more than the normal. I don't expect it to happen by any means, but most who got somewhere on EK will likely quit upon the transfers occurring.

If you get the merge you are asking for, you won't get extra GP. No merge has ever done that. You could just get folded into the server you merge into.

Though.. keep in mind that "GP Seasons" are right around the corner. No idea how exactly they will work, but they may make all these arguments moot. 

Apparently the GP seasons are tracked separately from your total GP. So ranks will be untouched by seasons. Your rank will still be determined by your total GP, but seasons will reset their GP counter, but not your total GP. 
At least according to what I was told by a couple people who play in Korea.

38 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Quick, shaky math: If you've attended every siege on EK since patch, you probably have 15k or 16k GP, is that about right? If that's the case, that would get you nowhere on DN or KT even if you kept it all at transfer. I have 230k GP and I'm only a 4-star with no chance of reaching 5-star unless about 25 people quit the game.

Unless you're suggesting NCsoft give you ADDITIONAL GP that you didn't earn just for transferring -- which isn't really right or fair.

Well, some "unfair" things have to be done. NOthing ever will be perfect.

It wasnt fair when nc gave 50e gear to asmos lv 50.Ppl say siege buff isnt fair too. Ppl say the game being paid to win is unfair.

But some of those things have to be done.

That's what i think

IMO wont be a huge lost of money to offer the players in EK a free transfer if they need. But Also I saw in another post that not everybody there want to leave EK. So now we have a real situation here. Maybe the best way is to start a poll there to know the total opinion in the players afected by any action about this. Of course the poll must not be sended to the players in DN and KT :P 

There are some ways to improve the population without doing a large advertising actually. Some games provides to each player with a link (with a personal code) that directs to the Account Creation page. If somebody use that to create an account, in some way is linked to the player who gave the link. To promote some players to start inviting some friends to join the game, they give some minor rewards if the new player reach some conditions (like lvl or content palyed). In one of them I also saw that the player who invited, received 10% the amount of credits when the new player bought them. (I guess giving away 10% extra game coins is not so hard to do). Of course some free players in those games try to invite a lot of players by all means so they can get some credits in the store to be able to buy things like people who pay. 

To avoid exploits the rewards are small enought to make not usefull to train an army of fake accounts, but yet a pleasant extra reward to try to invite new players. 

All of this could've been avoided. :/

Regardless, the only way I can see NCWest saving EK hence avoiding yet another troublesome merge is by differentiating it from the other two. Justify its existence.

Turn it into some sort of special rules server, or perhaps a "Legacy" server. Otherwise it's doomed and we all know what the inevitable outcome will be.

4 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

I'm still wondering why they even made the EK server while knowing this would be the common result after a few months. IF EK gets a merge, I do hope it'll be more smooth than previous merges. ;/

Money of course. It’s a business and they saw an opportunity to make some quick and easy money. Mind you that doesn’t mean it was a good idea for the community- they put the minimal investment into the new server- no promotion, nothing.

There is literally no good reason to merge EK with the existing servers- the fairest solution would be to offer a limited time free transfer then forcibly transfer and close the server down.

For those of you asking for special deals for rank loss - makes no sense. You wanted a fresh start - you got it - it came with no guarantees- you lose a few months- big deal. You want other people who have gained and lost rank several times over YEARS to compensate you over your choice? And you even start calling them AFK? Get real - you took a gamble on a new server, it didn’t pay off.

36 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

FAor those of you asking for special deals for rank loss - makes no sense. You wanted a fresh start - you got it - it came with no guarantees- you lose a few months- big deal. You want other people who have gained and lost rank several times over YEARS to compensate you over your choice? And you even start calling them AFK? Get real - you took a gamble on a new server, it didn’t pay off.

Took me more than 2 years to be barely near to General Rank (i'm around top 45) and doing a LOT of content to farm that not just 2 or 3 hours of siege per week like EK guys, and somehow they think they deserve special treatments and dare to call everybody else afk

I mean I could log onto DN or KT toons and see upwards of 80% of those on afk if not more. Special treatment isn't that much of a stretch given during yer "hard farm of a LOT of content" literally does not exist for us. 600k gp for a rank shouldn't be the requirement when it takes over 4 months right now to get around 15,000. Not only is it senseless, but it does nothing but drive people away from even attempting because that is a wall, that in the games current state and future state with 6.7, cannot be climbed. It should not be that way. I'm a general on EK sure, I put a lot of work in with the content WE HAVE NOW. Just because you put in a bunch of work in content that no longer exists, doesn't mean you should have greater priority over most of us on EK. Most of us did that content as well. Just not on the toons we are using now obviously. Because a lot of wanted the chance to be a 5 star. To have an xform. To enter the hall of fame general door even if its just empty.
But like I said, Most of us couldn't climb that wall.
Not all of us who have been playing the last few years were even allowed in the old EB groups. Let alone PvP instances and being forced to pug didn't exactly help much either.
Insular legions and selfish actions kept people out of ranks. Kept people out of content. Kept people from coming back.
Open yer eyes and yer doors to those who can do the content, but aren't allowed to for whatever senseless reason the people of DN/KT may be using now. (Added note: Referring in the sense as they have the stats and knowledge to do said content, but aren't allowed to go with groups due to legion/rank requirement nonsense. Language barriers can also be overcome in many situations.)
Most likely, less than 10-20 from EK will stay due to the mentality you share.

Just hit a GP reset. If you can't keep your ranks after that, then you probably don't deserve to keep them now. Maybe back when you could get your rank with nothing but PvE and Pocos you deserved it. Not now though.

1 -Login afk at what? And so what? You mean you’re not allowed to afk ? Or ranked people can’t AFK? Sounds pretty harsh to me

2 - a couple of months work isn’t much really

3. - actually putting in years of work should count for something

4 - so you’re upset because you had to pug . Well boohoo. Assuming that people with high rank never do. Guess what - some people with high rank  have to and didn’t get into those “special “ EBS either.

5 insular legions- really ? Oh come on- so basically if you worked hard and showed that you had a clue about your class and got into a good legion. you should be penalized? Do you realize that MMOs are designed to reward this?

6- Open your eyes and realize that the people on KT and DN have already had their ranks reset in effect more than once due to mergers - they don’t need it once again due to a server that was a mistake and it largely filled with refills not new players and even worse contains few players.

There are so few people on EK that you can probably smack the gate once and get max GP and max rewards for each siege. 

Easy GP gain is easy. Easy legendary stones are easy.

If during a merge they didn't take into account that factions like IS-E had hyper-inflated GP ranks due to dominating for so long or that BR had only been around for a year or so and so didn't have even near the amount of GP as the older servers, they aren't going to suddenly give EK a sweetheart deal when they get merged or transferred.

We know that there will not be a GP reset. We know we will get "GP Seasons" in a few weeks.

Archived