EK Server Situation

1. Common place for people to afk siege just to retain rank. Purely due to the ABSURD amount of GP disparity holding people out of ranks in general.
2. Time isn't a direct measure of effort. I spent a long time as a 4 star on IS without ever gaining ground.
3. Not saying the years of effort should be null by any means. Could reinstate the GP tax but at a scaling rate to you amount you actually have, but even that is less likely than a full reset. I spent years on one toon, never got anywhere near 5-star. At this point, it counts for literally nothing. 
4. Not saying all with higher ranks got into the 10 EB runs a week groups, but it is a large factor in how ranks are currently listen due to the "No PvE GP' mentality that has come about with 6.x.
5. Insular legions are different from working with your legion. I'm talking about keeping people out of runs or just not doing them because you are one person short, despite that ONE PERSON being on and not being allowed to go just because they don't share the same flag on their back.
6. What has affect you in the past, shouldn't prevent us from getting something for Nc's failure.
GP seasons are going to be treated similar to arenas, but the total GP you earn does not reset with the seasons, nor do seasons affect actual ranking.
Simply expecting some consideration, not just throwing us under the damn bus again.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With every merge, every single person on each server gets thrown under the bus. Why should those on EK be any different?

Mergers are hell. They hurt everyone. Which is why EK should never have been created, but here we are. So join in our hell. We will cry together. Tissues for everyone!

giphy.gif

Was hoping for something more construct such as possibly better solutions for such, but seems no one is interested in discussing such. Can't help those who think they are more important due to time. Just a couple to add to the block list. (At least if the nonsense follows in game.)

5 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Mergers are hell. They hurt everyone. Which is why EK should never have been created, but here we are. So join in our hell. We will cry together. Tissues for everyone!

Or maybe stop crying about a server you're not even on to increase your post count ?

19 minutes ago, Siax-EK said:

Can't help those who think they are more important due to time pick a dead server. 

Narcissistic much ? that phrase applies more to you than to us.

i didn't see any IS KR BR high ranks crying in the forums in last merge, idk why u think your server deserves an special treatment that the others didn't get.

cya in a few months soon to be Army-1  xD

Expressing concerns for the state of the game and hoping for ways to keep people from leaving makes me narcissistic? Flawed logic, but you do you I suppose.

For reference, most of those that did complain didn't come to the forums. Because as you can see, NcWest doesn't really respond to anything.

No point in this thread continuing. Fell apart from what could have been constructive to poorly placed insults.

1 hour ago, Siax-EK said:

Just hit a GP reset. If you can't keep your ranks after that, then you probably don't deserve to keep them now. Maybe back when you could get your rank with nothing but PvE and Pocos you deserved it. Not now though.

''hit GP reset'' and ''hoping for ways to keep people from leaving''  are contradictory ideas, i don't see how punishining the more faithful players that worked years for their ranks its good for a game that barely gets new players.

One of the caused of afk during sieges that I have observed, which it's not unique to EK, is many players have multiple accounts and PCs, so they do several logins at once, play one of them, and afk the others to AP/GP rewards at the siege.

On EK, there is a huge faction imbalance, usually you get 2-3 times as many Asmos turning up to the sieges.

That's why they are on the boss before we get the outer gate down in Divine.

I think everyone here on DN and KT would be fine if they just throw elyos at danaria and asmo to katalam. But will they? Sadly not... Ek was a mistake and imo should just be deleted due to it being just an alt server. Just like br server... Another alt server that was made where the top people just had another toon to throw money and gamble at with... 

On 3/18/2019 at 0:27 PM, Siax-EK said:

Can't help those who think they are more important.

This statement is also reflected in you thinking that your climb to General and ability to maintain said rank - or some kind of xform rank - is more important than the GP gained by others.  In this hypothetical server merger, you say "GP reset" like it won't upset the many over the few.  You are the few.  I don't even have xform rank, but I do not want my GP reset regardless.  Moreso than my own GP, I do not want the GP of others reset - they earned their GP, they stuck with the game, they didn't bail to other games (or servers). 

The amount of upset players, and the potential losses the game would suffer as a result, are not worth "25 EK players" being happier about their rank potential.  Get over yourself.

7 hours ago, Marie-EK said:

Pls open server transfers for EK...  EK-Elyos is a dead faction, you cant even find people to do CoE.

Only 23 ppl online atm (including low levels)

D3hty.jpg

That was a good day, it's usually less than 20 online except at US peak time and sieges.

Have a look at the number of members, and GP of the top 20 Elyos vs Asmo legions in the Abyss rankings, if you want clear stats showing the massive imbalance between the factions. Something went seriously wrong on EK, most toons are Asmo, it's like it was a magnet for them. The Elyos just sit there and QQ in chat that it's a dead server, but don't comprehend that it's seriously imbalanced, and they are on the dead side.

The admins should have nipped it in the bud months ago, and suspended the ability to roll Asmo toons until some form of balance was achieved, but they were asleep at the wheel.

The admins should have nipped it in the bud months ago, and suspended the ability to roll Asmo toons until some form of balance was achieved, but they were asleep at the wheel.

As siel asmo in the end of 2.x era, we could like barely get 2 alliances to siege against 200 and something elyos, we asked for the lock of elyos creation for like a whole year, and they absolutely never did that, what they did was lock only during certain times of the day.

That didn't prevent asmos from rising in the middle of the 3.x era though.

That would just incorporate these things:

1. wasted money on server space and equipment and funded sources of management and jobs.

2. a very small active population with no past gear and completely fresh newborn tadpoles thrown into a tank with some bass. These bass are equipped with dragon teeth and massive gears some that were compensated for.

3. a lot of people would quit just because bass like to eat tadpoles and eventually they become extinct.

That is just to name a few. These are my reasons why I think a merge for even the future would be a very bad idea. unless everyone is placed on an equal playing field all in the same pool. it would never work

There will never be a equal playing field... Honestly there never has been since I started playing... Just get merged in, stop crying and work toward your gear. I stopped playing for a year+ before this 6.2 update and I had to seriously start over on everything. I'm behind on everything even stigmas which I was prepared for that event before I quit. Just takes the effort. Sounds to me everyone wants instant ultimate gear and then probably transfer to a active server. Gluck out there.

excuse me but the world is talking a lot without knowing it too well. the dn and kt servers have no more people outside the fortress than the ek servers, close only ek and the world transfer on dn or kt and reset all the gp for everything dn and kt servers this is only the solution that would be just for everyone redone you a place

36 minutes ago, Acordance-DN said:

excuse me but the world is talking a lot without knowing it too well. the dn and kt servers have no more people outside the fortress than the ek servers, close only ek and the world transfer on dn or kt and reset all the gp for everything dn and kt servers this is only the solution that would be just for everyone redone you a place

You are wrong on pretty much everything you said.. other than EK being very small.

Those of us who have played this game for years knew before EK was created what would happen with EK. Why? Because we saw it as recently as the Beritra server. Not to mention, most of the players on EK have other characters on DN or KT. So we know exactly what is going on. Look at you! Your tag says, "Acordance-DN". Not EK.

It's true. KT and DN are larger. The total population is pretty much fixed at this point. There is always a bump when a fresh patch comes out. But those numbers -always- go down. Always. The total population for Aion cannot support three servers. That's a fact.

It's fine to transfer the players on EK to DN or KT or allow them to transfer, but resetting GP is the most unfair and insane thing ever suggested on these forums. Someone like you could have remained on DN and made GP and had a higher rank. You chose to play on EK because you wanted a fresh start. That fresh start has turned into a nightmare. Fine. Why make the rest of us pay for a decision you made?

I don't care about the Gp system at all but here is my input.

You are asking for a reset when the server you play on is dying. Let's just take a second to let this set in. NcWest could just make you pay for server transfers or let the server dwindle until you decide to take the free merge with no reset.

Why reset it if there are more paying people on other servers? What incentive do they have?

Everyone should of saw what happened to the BR server and knew it would happen again in 3 months max but you still decided to play on it.

I still think the best solution for this EK mess would be to send the EK Elyos to DN and the Asmodians to KT, and give these players enough kinah (maybe 300mil?) to be viable in the different servers' economies. A merge that reset everything like DN and KT would be very very silly imo. I mean, renaming is easy enough to manage, the GP and abyss ranking systems need to be adjusted in general without involving a full reset, and housing isn't a problem (on DN-E at least) as there's houses, mansions, and estates for sale every week. Just chuck these handfuls of players to the servers that need a population boost and we're golden o/

As a KT server player I love being out numbered and at a disadvantage so we'll take both elyos and asmodians. EK was just a bad idea. Kinda like pucking a prostitute without a condom. Resetting the go is not a nice thing to do. I mean most the people who are where they are is because how much money they spent. I mean hours and hours of eb. Don't get me wrong I hate how aion let people pve for PvP ranks but meh if they got the money so be it. But I'm more impressed in the will to constantly do everything over and over cuz I'll tell ya, after my first time in there I never wanted to go back. It's to crowded, people kept bumping into me and stepping on my shoes.

a couple of whales wanted a new server so they got it. it's dying. no surprise.

some choosing to follow for better rank/gear/friends etc. whatever the reasoning, they made that choice.

if a merge is a must,

then players who made new toons on EK but still have other accounts elsewhere

needs to be taken into account, so not to over populate one side or the other..again.

and it shall be handled same way as on IS/KR/TM/BR

inb4 more server instability and lag.

I don’t support completely resetting GP, people did work for the ranks. However, I do support reducing GP. You keep your rank, but you have to work and attend and contribute to siege to keep it.

Separate the top 10 ranks by 500 gp each, top 11-30 by 400 gp each, and the ranks 31-100 by 350 gp each. Make all 4-stars separated by 50 gp each.

That way the ranks will actually be competitive again and if someone is inactive then it will hurt their chances of retaining their rank.

Archived