Server balance after transfers

Ele-DN

1 minute ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

The point of the buff isn't to win the fort *every* time. With level 4 buff your side always wins. No need for even level 5. Would it be nice to not have to fight against a buff? yes. 

If your side wins with lv 4, then you don't see lv 5 and would never see lv 10 if existed.

Why is he asking for this ?

The point of sieges is not to hold them for weeks and months on end. We've all played that either as the dominated or the dominate and frankly it isn't fun or exciting for either. Forts are supposed to flip every or every other vulnerability with every siege being a challenge. That's what we have right now.

30 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

The point of sieges is not to hold them for weeks and months on end. We've all played that either as the dominated or the dominate and frankly it isn't fun or exciting for either. Forts are supposed to flip every or every other vulnerability with every siege being a challenge. That's what we have right now.

Stop right there

YOU have a challenge as DN asmos?

seige took maybe 15 minutes last night to flip to asmo, unless I’m wrong we hadn’t had the fort in several tries whereas you had successfully defended several times.

now what about Divine? Not one single successful Elyos attack in weeks. 

Now what was your point again?

13 hours ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

The point of the buff isn't to win the fort *every* time. With level 4 buff your side always wins. No need for even level 5. Would it be nice to not have to fight against a buff? yes. 

You mean spend 5 mins for credit at a defense siege because it flips right after its captured? whats the point?

38 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Stop right there

seige took maybe 15 minutes last night to flip to asmo, unless I’m wrong we hadn’t had the fort in several tries whereas you had successfully defended several times.

What if, the buff isn't the problem but the lack of intestinal fortitude from the Elyos?

What if instead of clearing Asmos in Divine, last week, too many Elyos attacked the diety and helped the Asmos?

What if the Gov, Mochi, called what to do but no one followed?

What if we had a level 10 buff, will cure stupidity?

1 hour ago, GitGud-DN said:

What if, the buff isn't the problem but the lack of intestinal fortitude from the Elyos?

What if instead of clearing Asmos in Divine, last week, too many Elyos attacked the diety and helped the Asmos?

What if the Gov, Mochi, called what to do but no one followed?

What if we had a level 10 buff, will cure stupidity?

What if people afk. What if they don’t have PVP gear.. or healers.. or the correct stigmas?

Add all the above to an imbalance issue just don’t claim that a Fort flips every week because of some magical buff. It doesn’t. 

If you think that the Elyos faction should feel grateful because we aren’t locked out for months at end we have no reason to be so.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Aly isn't talking only about 6.2. She's talking about the entirety of the game. So yeah. People who are on DN-A right now have, indeed, had many challenges on past servers.

No one is discussing past challenges now. The topic is the current imbalance.  It’s even funny bringing that up considering the number of DN-A that have Elyos or that were elyos.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Stop right there

Where did I talk about struggles? I said that we have all either been the dominated or the dominate. In fact most of us have been both at one time or another. I was a Kaisinel Elyos and a Israphel Asmodian (both GROSSLY dominated) and a Kahrun Asmodian (totally dominate). Neither is the ideal. Both are frustrating and boring. The current buff allows for us to remain at a balance where the fort flips every siege or every other siege. That's a good thing! No one should hold the forts for weeks or be shut out of the forts for weeks.

Siege last night on DN took about 15min with the Elyos having a level 3 buff and the Asmodians taking the fort. The siege before that took about 30min for the Elyos to take the fort with a level 4 buff. DN-Elyos usually take the fort with a 4. They always take it if they get to a 5. Asmodians usually take the fort back when the Elyos buff falls to a 3. I don't understand how that isn't alright with you? The fort flips, right?

Divine is another kettle of fish altogether. Elyos approach that siege like they are blind, deaf and dumb. They do the same thing every single siege and it only works when you guys have a level 5 buff. You guys need figure that siege out. When you do you will take it with a 4 and lose it with a 3.. just like Lakrum.

Even with the transfers and maybe that increased the imbalance, I must say that in Katalam the asmodians kicked our butts in the last 3 sieges. And yesterday some players were talking about just lvl 1 buff for them. So IMO the current buffs are working as intended keeping us nearer the 50/50 domination chances. In the past without them, the situation was totally different. I know it is frustrating to fight against a buff, but in some way this could be motivating the asmodians in katalam to play a bit harder. 

As somebody said, I don´t see the point of a lvl 10 buff, cause usually 3 or 4 is enought to win. 

7 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Which they do not.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Where did I talk about struggles? I said that we have all either been the dominated or the dominate. In fact most of us have been both at one time or another. I was a Kaisinel Elyos and a Israphel Asmodian (both GROSSLY dominated) and a Kahrun Asmodian (totally dominate). Neither is the ideal. Both are frustrating and boring. The current buff allows for us to remain at a balance where the fort flips every siege or every other siege. That's a good thing! No one should hold the forts for weeks or be shut out of the forts for weeks.

Siege last night on DN took about 15min with the Elyos having a level 3 buff and the Asmodians taking the fort. The siege before that took about 30min for the Elyos to take the fort with a level 4 buff. DN-Elyos usually take the fort with a 4. They always take it if they get to a 5. Asmodians usually take the fort back when the Elyos buff falls to a 3. I don't understand how that isn't alright with you? The fort flips, right?

Divine is another kettle of fish altogether. Elyos approach that siege like they are blind, deaf and dumb. They do the same thing every single siege and it only works when you guys have a level 5 buff. You guys need figure that siege out. When you do you will take it with a 4 and lose it with a 3.. just like Lakrum.

So let's do the math. DN - Asmos can easily take a fort with a level 3 buff OR LESS. 

DN- Elyos struggle to flip it with a level 4 buff and realistically need a level 5 buff.

That means the Elyos wait several seiges  in order to get a fort. They gained it after several attempts an lost it after a single defence.

Haven't had Divine in weeks, a month or more? Have had the world boss how many times - a handful?

Yup, sounds like balance to me. OK,   you'd would believe that if you're  blind, deaf and stupid.

Um. Your math is faulty.

If you take a fort with a level 4, then you will probably lose it the next vuln when you have a 3. The vuln after that you will have a 4 again and retake the fort. So it changes hands each siege. Should you not take the fort with a 4 and get to a 5, you 100% will take it. The next vuln you will be defending with a 4. Defending being easier, you will more than likely keep it with a 4. The vuln after that, you will probably lose it with a 3.

Are you not seeing this? You will have the fort now as much you we will have it.

Divine is a whole other can of worms and it isn't my place to tell you what you guys are doing wrong. When you have a  5, you will take it.

33 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Which they do not.

So let's do the math. DN - Asmos can easily take a fort with a level 3 buff OR LESS. 

DN- Elyos struggle to flip it with a level 4 buff and realistically need a level 5 buff.

That means the Elyos wait several seiges  in order to get a fort. They gained it after several attempts an lost it after a single defence.

Haven't had Divine in weeks, a month or more? Have had the world boss how many times - a handful?

Yup, sounds like balance to me. OK,   you'd would believe that if you're  blind, deaf and stupid.

Every time elyos get level 4 buff they take the fort in less than 20 minutes, and other than yesterdays siege elyos are usually able to defend the fort with a level 3 buff. DN-E had divine two weeks ago.  Do you even siege bro?

2 hours ago, Mytek-DN said:

Every time elyos get level 4 buff they take the fort in less than 20 minutes, and other than yesterdays siege elyos are usually able to defend the fort with a level 3 buff. DN-E had divine two weeks ago.  Do you even siege bro?

Actually "bro" I happen to make every seige. Which is why I'm quite aware of how exactly how long it took us to lose the fort after defending it only once. Just as I'm aware that asmos never lose it after defending it once, nor do they require a level 5, nor even a level 4 buff in order to take the fort.

As the topic is imbalance due to transfers,  you just agreed  with me- since the transfers it's gotten worse-  elyos have a harder time defending than even before.

Do you even read bro?

Addendum- I do stand corrected with respect to Divine- we did get it once- but that was a rarity- if you go back over the last 8 weeks I doubt that we got it more than 1- MAYBE twice out of the 8- and I'm definitely not wrong if you were to look at the number of times Elyos have gotten Anomos in comparison  to asmos.

I´m not sure how the buff works, but I think it just level up or down 1 level after each victory or defeat. If that is true that will make the weaker faction to have some buff all the time. 

In KT apparently is working in that way.

Also, IMO, could be nice to avoid insults. We are so many, and all of us can have a different opinion. And sometimes we will find annoying the opinion from somebody else. But I don´t think we need to insult other people to show our point of view. Also lets remember than nobody here can really change a thing. It is not like NCWest will do something (or not) just cause 1 player said something. If we still do not have the tranparents scrolls or a fix for the bug with the eyes, after most of us asked for them, I don´t think Aly´s opinion will really make a difference with NCWest decitions. So it is pointless to insult other players (and I said the same thing to him in the past). But again, just my humble opinion. 

11 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Actually "bro" I happen to make every seige. Which is why I'm quite aware of how exactly how long it took us to lose the fort after defending it only once. Just as I'm aware that asmos never lose it after defending it once, nor do they require a level 5, nor even a level 4 buff in order to take the fort.

As the topic is imbalance due to transfers,  you just agreed  with me- since the transfers it's gotten worse-  elyos have a harder time defending than even before.

Do you even read bro?

Addendum- I do stand corrected with respect to Divine- we did get it once- but that was a rarity- if you go back over the last 8 weeks I doubt that we got it more than 1- MAYBE twice out of the 8- and I'm definitely not wrong if you were to look at the number of times Elyos have gotten Anomos in comparison  to asmos.

I agree that since the transfers (Mogang and others left you and we got some really geared KT Asmos), Elyos are working harder to take the fort. I don't think anyone can fail to acknowledge that. In fact I am sure I posted about it already. What we all warned about happened. Elyos fled DN and Asmos fled KT. NCWest failed to monitor the transfers and how they would effect balance. Then again.. they never said that they would.

I think you are caught up on the fact that DN-Elyos will probably always require some kind of buff to take a fort, @Rapier-DN. I don't think anyone would dispute that. You may feel like it sucks always be carried by a buff, but imagine how it feels to always have to fight against it. But the thing we all need to realize is that in order to make up for numbers in sieges, the buff is needed.

The buff evens the playing field and does, in fact, keep the fort flipping every vuln or every other vuln. That's good. That's as fair as it is going to get with the numbers we have. You get it with a 4 and we take it the next time when you have a 3. That's the server's equilibrium. You take it on Tues with a 4 and we take it back on Thurs when your buff falls to a 3 and then you take it back on Sat when the buff moves back to a 4. Maybe we successfully defend on Sat, but then you take it back on Tues with a 5 and successfully defend on Thurs with a 4. 

I don't understand how you can fail to see that as fair.

6 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

The inability to get world bosses and issues with open world saturation do suck, though, and that's speaking as someone dominating. :/

Anomos is an issue. Not sure how that can be fixed.

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Anomos is an issue. Not sure how that can be fixed.

maybe 2 Anomos. One on each side

Or Anomos could appear inside the fortress. The owner faction will have protection from the garrison. 

To protect a little more the new players in Lakrum, maybe more garrisons or defensive buff in some areas. 

@Rapier-DN Siege done in 13min with the Elyos taking Lakrum with a level 4 buff. Would it be appropriate for me to start crying that we can't defend against your gigantic buff and that is not fair? Or should we agree that the buff works and that Lakrum changes hands every or every other siege?

You can certainly state that having a level 4 buff REQUIRED at least in order to flip a fort is equal to another faction needing a level 3 or LESS.

That doesn't make it true, but delude yourself all you like. Just as you think that forts always flip every time or "every other time" . They don't.

The less numbered faction always will have a buff.

That is not the point and the lv of the buff does not matter at all.

The point is that, forts will change hand often, perhaps even every 2 defenses. But it also it doesnt matter how many defenses because it takes as many victories or defeats for the buff go up and down.

On 3/15/2019 at 1:03 PM, Aly-DN said:

Where did I talk about struggles? I said that we have all either been the dominated or the dominate. In fact most of us have been both at one time or another. I was a Kaisinel Elyos and a Israphel Asmodian (both GROSSLY dominated) and a Kahrun Asmodian (totally dominate).

lol please..you haven't had to struggle in years (like at least 6 years). I don't remember you being an IS Asmo when they were being dominated. What I do remember is you nyerking about IS Elyos all the time on the old forums while already on KR Asmo. Complaining about IS Elyos numbers while leaving the faction that needed numbers..oh man the irony.

Sever balance on release = Garbage

Server balance before transfers = Garbage

Server balance after transfers = Still garbage.

Server balance in 1 years time = Still going to be garbage.

Players dictate faction balance simply by being the worlds content. If your faction is primarily PvE based players your going to have a very hard time competing in the PvP orientated content. If your faction is primarily solo based PvPers your faction going to have a hard time in faction based content. 

Below is a great example of what players do to make things feel less balanced.

Its like SL-E back in the day, They had 75+ clerics on at all times(especially during siege) and less then 30 of them would want to heal let alone resurrect players. This left the vast majority of alliance groups with no clerics. The imbalance of this alone made many SL-E feel like they were being outnumbered at particular times during siege when the simple fact was SL-A had better support players/team work. This at the end of the day is no bodies fault its just how the game evolved and the players on each faction evolved with it.

Archived