Siege contribution question

So what does count as contribution?

• Is it the amount of Kills in the fortress area?
  • Is it the amount of AP you got from pvp in the fortress area?
  • Is the the pvp XP you got from pvp in the fortress area?
  • ...or is it a combination somehow?

And if any of the above count, why do we get the message "you cannot get any more AP/XP from PvP because you earned too much in a short period of time"? Siege is a massive pvp event and people fight a lot of enemies, of course you kill many people.

Side question: where is the contribution area? We thought it was the whole area that you have the siege buff, which goes all the way to the camps, but it seems it isn't like this, apparently your minimap needs to say Lakrum Fortress, is that correct?

--> Thanks to anyone that has a reply

"Contribution" has always been a bit of a mystery. Support will tell you not to die and stupid things like that. Don't listen to them. What we have gathered in years of playing is that it's pretty much AP gain. PvE (killing the gate.. killing the NPCs.. damage on the boss) seems to weigh more than PvP. Supporting (i.e. healing) gets you nothing, though you will leach ap gain from those you heal as long as they are in your group/alliance. You tend to get more contribution when you are solo than when you are in a group/alliance as carrying anyone splits the contribution. If you have a really strong group/alliance you can still get max credit, but it's harder.

The "siege" area is anywhere that it reads "Lakrum fortress" or that is how it has been in the past.

For attack, all you have to do is attack the gate until it goes down and you get credit. Not max credit, but credit. So that can be helpful if you live in a time zone where it's sleep time during siege and you can only be on for a few minutes. Of course, that's only for attack siege. Defense siege is a bit murkier when it comes to credit.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:21 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

Defense siege is a bit murkier when it comes to credit.

dredgion mobs (spawn about 12 minutes after siege starts) + pvp (minor)

it's really frustrating that winning a siege solo is almost guaranteed max contribution, but if you play with a team from LFG as you should you're guaranteed 140gp (basically 1 tier above afk); when people need to be PvPing because deity room is full of enemy players they are on dredge mobs because need to make that contrib (even if we lose!) or abandoning the fight at the gate to prepare for dredge mobs spawning, or sitting zombie mode on deity while the room is full of enemies who are mutilating the melees when you should be clearing the room so you can dps using pve gear and allowing everyone to get the same chance to dps the deity for contribution. it's unfair to melees and to those who aren't part of the secret clubs that never join the league.

On 26/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, zzz-KT said:

dredgion mobs (spawn about 12 minutes after siege starts) + pvp (minor)

it's really frustrating that winning a siege solo is almost guaranteed max contribution, but if you play with a team from LFG as you should you're guaranteed 140gp (basically 1 tier above afk); when people need to be PvPing because deity room is full of enemy players they are on dredge mobs because need to make that contrib (even if we lose!) or abandoning the fight at the gate to prepare for dredge mobs spawning, or sitting zombie mode on deity while the room is full of enemies who are mutilating the melees when you should be clearing the room so you can dps using pve gear and allowing everyone to get the same chance to dps the deity for contribution. it's unfair to melees and to those who aren't part of the secret clubs that never join the league.

I never join groups/alliances because they are full of those people with tons of alts that bring them there to leech contribution and get rewards. I remember people were mad at us not going to siege because we didn't want to join coalition, they thought it was their right to bring as many alts since rewards were all same. We are never going to have good things because of things like that. This is the mentality of people.

I go solo and I find myslf unable to play some times like when i get that SM debuff that cannot be potted out for a whole minute. But I'd rather be solo than carry people's alt afkers,.

7 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I never join groups/alliances because they are full of those people with tons of alts that bring them there to leech contribution and get rewards. I remember people were mad at us not going to siege because we didn't want to join coalition, they thought it was their right to bring as many alts since rewards were all same. We are never going to have good things because of things like that. This is the mentality of people.

I go solo and I find myslf unable to play some times like when i get that SM debuff that cannot be potted out for a whole minute. But I'd rather be solo than carry people's alt afkers,.

That's the issue, isn't it?

Sieges are a faction fight. Everyone is supposed to be working together to take that fort for your faction. But there are plenty of incentives to -not- work with your faction and play a solo game to not only maximize your personal rewards, but also to avoid carrying those who are gaming the system by bringing along all their alts. 

Coalitions forced everyone to play together and play nice. Your rewards were based on everyone else's rewards. Players have shown time and time again that if there is a way to take advantage of a game system, they will. And, boy howdy, did we with the addition of Coalitions. So now we are back to the old way where in order to get your fully earned rewards, you need to go solo instead of carrying everyone's alts or afk players.

5 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Coalitions forced everyone to play together and play nice. Your rewards were based on everyone else's rewards. Players have shown time and time again that if there is a way to take advantage of a game system, they will. And, boy howdy, did we with the addition of Coalitions. So now we are back to the old way where in order to get your fully earned rewards, you need to go solo instead of carrying everyone's alts or afk players.

During coalition you couldn't form your alliances/groups with the people you know how to play, the last time I did a siege during coalition (early when it was first implemented) I was the ONLY active person on the group, nobody would heal, nobody would rez, nothing, they would even see me being active and they would put their chars to follow me so they were always on the right spot to take contribution and I was trying to make them lose me as a target. That was my last coalition siege and I didn't even siege for the rest of the year or something (don't remember how long it existed, a whole patch at least)

Coalition in a nutshell: Throw everyone in a random alliance and expect them to figure it out. and no matter your effort or lack thereof, you would get the exact same rewards. Sounds like theoretical communism which never worked and never will. After a few coalition sieges I didn't bother to siege for the rest of the patch and people even called me selfish for "not helping t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶t̶s̶   the faction".
---

Now we are doing the right thing. Nobody is forced to play in a specific forced way, you can solo, you can go to random groups (like in coalition), or form your own alliance with your legion mates, being on discord, communicating with them and playing with people that you actually know how to play with and know that will heal/rez/buff you and make the outcome better

I remember the pre-coalition days where people would run dps meters and if someone didn't do dps, they would kick him and permanently black list him and never re-invite them to a siege. The only reason it is not done now is that GP is just to keep your rank, you cannot progress, the list is locked with insane amount of GP that was earned in previous patches and nobody can pass you so people do not care.
---

Coalition was the biggest mistake.

Archived