Scheduled Game Update - March 27, 2019

Cyan

The nerf on Chanters was heavy, but it was needed indeed. Both daevanion heals were completely healing the target/group and rending support Clerics useless, because Rejuvenating Spell can outheal Ripple + Splendor combo with a blink of an eye and in a 10s cooldown.

They were just nobrainer godmode skills . But, IMHO, they could found another ways of nerfing those skills instead of removing the Healing Boost bonuses from it. As a priest, this sounds completely lame to take 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lapis-DN said:

The nerf on Chanters was heavy, but it was needed indeed. Both daevanion heals were completely healing the target/group and rending support Clerics useless, because Rejuvenating Spell can outheal Ripple + Splendor combo with a blink of an eye and in a 10s cooldown.

They were just nobrainer godmode skills . But, IMHO, they could found another ways of nerfing those skills instead of removing the Healing Boost bonuses from it. As a priest, this sounds completely lame to take 

Chanter is meant to be a support class rather than main healer. A lot of people made the mistake to create just a chanter for the spell when it was known months before it'll be nerfed.

Transparent scrolls NCSOFT !!!!!!

Dont ignore the players.

11 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

TV3zrkW.jpg

Uhh... I'm hoping this is a mistake. All the other physical classes got their buffs balanced to a static number

I16T3FI.jpg

Why is Glad still getting the % buff increase , plus all the skill damage increases?! That will be super broken, rerolling glad.

It's a percent of base attack, not attack with items.  That's why it's different.  People always get this wrong, including glad mains...  If you did a test in any of the previous patches you would see this.  Even if it's a typo, the major nerf was removing the 100% crit chance for 5s.

16 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Chanter is meant to be a support class rather than main healer. A lot of people made the mistake to create just a chanter for the spell when it was known months before it'll be nerfed.

You're right. I'm main chanter since 1.x and won't reroll because of this nerf. Chanters used to have worse times in Atreia, this is nothing compared to how lame this class used to be before 3.x. lol 

But now Aion is in a small group of MMOs were only one class can be considered 'main healer'. It completely kills the versatility of the game in some ways, because the playerbase is minimal and if you don't play with friends (not my case) you will hardly find a cleric.

Also, chanters will be losing their ability to buff magical classes in 7.0, so NC wants the game to have 2 supports, but not 2 main healers 

It kills me I am the same I've played chanter since release in Korea and when I moved back to NA and started playing on release. There has been many points where chanter hasn't felt good at all finally we have nice things. I get they are really strong and needed to be nerfed but It wasn't common knowledge about the actual nerf seeing as it was in a mini patch on the Korean server. I knew the shard would no longer effect recovery spell but also it wont be affected by healing boost that is completely ridiculous. I love playing support chanter and being able to take a bigger role in healing has been very fun for me. Most of the clerics I run with are dps spec anyway and it allows me to shine as the priest I am. I still so upset that all the work I did for a full ultimate pve and pvp Healing boost set for my chanter is just useless now. For as long as I remember shards no longer worked but healing boost still was benefitting the recovery spell in Korea it may have changed with 6.7 on since I haven't been on my chanter much, but now I have 2 +15 sets on my chanter that are complete garbage here in NA I rerolled with luna grinded endlessly for every piece of those sets. Honestly I am seriously bummed and wish they would just nerf the skill and not just take healing boost effectiveness from a PRIEST class.

2 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I am pretty sure 6.x has forced a lot of the clerics to remain mostly heal spec due to their dps nerf. That or dps clerics are far more common on KT than on DN.

I have run 4man PF and 6man IDD almost since this patch release every cleric since the beginning has run dps or closest hybrid mainly focusing dps since all the instances are dps races and its the 2nd PRIEST (chanter) to help with shields and healing. I am just totally sickened that you can take another priests healing boost telling me I cant play my priest like a priest.

its like boo hoo cleric isn't needed for FM or PF but you need them for BOS and IDD you cant not take them unless maybe you take 2 sw in IDD. Senekta you need a cleric so why attack the other priest because I chose a chanter over a cleric. Don't take away my way of having fun in the game playing the class I've loved for 10 years

9 minutes ago, Ereliya-KT said:

It kills me I am the same I've played chanter since release in Korea and when I moved back to NA and started playing on release. There has been many points where chanter hasn't felt good at all finally we have nice things. I get they are really strong and needed to be nerfed but It wasn't common knowledge about the actual nerf seeing as it was in a mini patch on the Korean server. I knew the shard would no longer effect recovery spell but also it wont be affected by healing boost that is completely ridiculous. I love playing support chanter and being able to take a bigger role in healing has been very fun for me. Most of the clerics I run with are dps spec anyway and it allows me to shine as the priest I am. I still so upset that all the work I did for a full ultimate pve and pvp Healing boost set for my chanter is just useless now. For as long as I remember shards no longer worked but healing boost still was benefitting the recovery spell in Korea it may have changed with 6.7 on since I haven't been on my chanter much, but now I have 2 +15 sets on my chanter that are complete garbage here in NA I rerolled with luna grinded endlessly for every piece of those sets. Honestly I am seriously bummed and wish they would just nerf the skill and not just take healing boost effectiveness from a PRIEST class.

they aren't useless at all. You still have healing light, healing burst, word of life and stamina restoration. pop your HB set, heal and go back to dps set haha
Also Stamina Restoration will buff +300 healing boost for 10s on 7.0 update

Just now, Lapis-DN said:

they aren't useless at all. You still have healing light, healing burst, word of life and stamina restoration. pop your HB set, heal and go back to dps set haha
Also Stamina Restoration will buff +300 healing boost for 10s on 7.0 update

I still have to deal with long cast times that reduce my dps for the group clerics have many cast time reduction skills and don't have to run atk spd to do dps. Sure I can stop using Kromede and use Sheba but the issues is you reduce the heal boost on a priest class instead of tweaking the numbers that the skill actually heals for.

1 minute ago, Ereliya-KT said:

I still have to deal with long cast times that reduce my dps for the group clerics have many cast time reduction skills and don't have to run atk spd to do dps. Sure I can stop using Kromede and use Sheba but the issues is you reduce the heal boost on a priest class instead of tweaking the numbers that the skill actually heals for.

for me, the real problem on that skill is that chanters can effectively heal the entire group while dealing lots of DPS.

They could balance it so you can only heal that ammount in a full support spec, if you run Numbing Blow build you lose a ton of healing boost (like they did to WoI on 7.0)

but its NCsoft, we're talking about the laziest game company hehe

I take pride in my heal boost set my ultimate pve set took forever to get all the pieces and I have 1200-1400 HB on the set with protection ward and 4k dp I jump up to a clerics healing boost with their HB skill popped. I take a lot of pride in the work I put in plus all the money I spent on luna. it hurts for them to just slap me in the face for loving the way I play my class.

I was spending about $140 a month on luna to spam pf and idd to get full ultimate set and get all my daevanian skills. There are just so many other ways to balance 1 skill that is a problem in the game and its not by taking Healing boost away from the skill

10 minutes ago, Ereliya-KT said:

I take pride in my heal boost set my ultimate pve set took forever to get all the pieces and I have 1200-1400 HB on the set with protection ward and 4k dp I jump up to a clerics healing boost with their HB skill popped. I take a lot of pride in the work I put in plus all the money I spent on luna. it hurts for them to just slap me in the face for loving the way I play my class.

I was spending about $140 a month on luna to spam pf and idd to get full ultimate set and get all my daevanian skills. There are just so many other ways to balance 1 skill that is a problem in the game and its not by taking Healing boost away from the skill

You can still use your heal boost set. Just pop to it, throw out Word of Life, Healing Burst, whatever you need to do, then pop back to your dps set. That's what chanters do anyway. So that really hasn't changed. I agree that it sucks that Cleansing/Rejuvenating/Recovery are no longer affected by heal boost. It sucks a lot. I have 1350 heal boost on my purple pve support set, unbuffed. So I get it. However, I also have a separate red/purple dps set that is nothing but attack stats. You have two sets, right? I think I read in one of your previous comments that you did. So that's good. You can still dps effectively. Yes, we cannot heal 10k every 3 seconds anymore with Rejuvenating, and yes, it sucks. But your work was not in vain, and you can still use that set for your other healing skills.

Sure I do but I spent so much time and money making it perfect it was my primary set for pve and pvp. I have 2 ulti pve one half ulti dps and a full ulti HB then I have 2 dps pvp sets crafted and exchange ulti then a HB legendary cloudwar set and MR legendary firebrand set. sure I have other sets but its not that easy to just swap unless I wasn't to spam through even more scrolls to go krom to sheba and back everytime. It just seems lame and stupid way to fix a skill

12 hours ago, Eleventy-DN said:

Rip Gunners... we were a dead class already, but this is the last nail in the coffin :c

NCsoft hates gunner class. always been the lowest of the lowest and then they nerf it even more. they should just delete the class if they wanna nerf it so much

8 minutes ago, Cyborg-DN said:

glad they nerfed chanters they were stupid op

Its still going to be an insta 9.6k heal or a 15k heal over 10 or 12s. Since most chanters don't even use a HB set in pvp you wont tell the difference. pve is where you will see the difference. It's just going to make clerics have to heal more in IDD and Senekta or I don't know if we have a different name here.

3 minutes ago, Ereliya-KT said:

Its still going to be an insta 9.6k heal or a 15k heal over 10 or 12s. Since most chanters don't even use a HB set in pvp you wont tell the difference. pve is where you will see the difference. It's just going to make clerics have to heal more in IDD and Senekta or I don't know if we have a different name here.

Senekta is called Veilenthrone here.

But yeah, I think some clerics are going to have a hard time in PF/IDD/VT without the massive heals their support chanters were putting out before. Also, it will be harder in general to keep people alive. So many classes are getting damage buffs, but chanters and sws are having heals nerfed. So more damage, less heals.

IMO I would be happy if they said yeah rejuv is busted shard don't work and were nerfing cleansing the way it was 8s cleanse and rejuv they said ok were going to take away shards and cut the healing in half but keep the Heal boost so its just a party recovery spell

I am pretty sure my 4man for pf can still do it without my dps if I only heal but its going to get buffed and if I have to go back to 6man for it that just kills my speed in gearing my toons

I have Sheba, Veille and Krom so I can easily change to veille and just be a healer but its such a dumb way to fix an overpowered skill. I'm not a greedy person but I might just start rolling on mace and shields in IDD so I can keep playing the way I enjoy playing the game

6 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Senekta is called Veilenthrone here.

But yeah, I think some clerics are going to have a hard time in PF/IDD/VT without the massive heals their support chanters were putting out before. Also, it will be harder in general to keep people alive. So many classes are getting damage buffs, but chanters and sws are having heals nerfed. So more damage, less heals.

Clerics will have to heal more, is what you mean. Your heal cleric isn't going to be outputting as much damage as they used to. Before this update with a good chanter, a heal cleric could do considerable damage. After, I am thinking the heal cleric will go back to marginal damage and the chanter will be doing more damage to make up for it. Chanter shields are still super helpful in PF and IDD. So everyone will still want a chanter/cleric combo.

9 minutes ago, Ereliya-KT said:

I really don't think it's the end of the world for a support chanter. I'm pretty sure Word of Life is still affected by shards and heal boost, so you'll still have that. And 15k over 10 seconds non-stop is honestly not terrible. Those 2 skills alone will make any cleric's life easier in PvE. Throw in shields and buffs, it's not like everyone is ready to completely ditch chanters altogether. :P

I get in a full team its great but from my experience its 1 in 2 runs of pf and IDD to get gear I run it in 4 and 6man instead of 6 and 12 so my legion can do more runs with more people to get more gear. I get that's not the same for the general population but that's how it has been for us since I guess unlike everyone else we would like to reach end game in the 6 months we've had this patch. there aren't as many new skins so I want all of the nice looking skins from the new instances.

I just feel like if I am dedicated to my personal choice of playstyle for my priest I shouldn't have to be like sorry I am just a support healer and I cant be primary heals for my party. I have nothing against clerics I just prefer chanter I don't see anything wrong with a chanter being primary heals and taking a bard for support and dispel

Archived