Scheduled Game Update - March 27, 2019

Cyan

Save Aion from the Devs, whoever these people are they are ruining their game. It happens with every mmorpg though. For some odd reason, the longer these games are out, the worse they become. I could talk until I'm blue in the face about all the things wrong with this once great game. I even know simple, easy ways to fix it and make in enjoyable again, and I don't have near the education these people have. But for now, all I want is to be able to see the character I create, whole reason I played Aion, got to be a cool looking angel running and flying around fighting stuff, that's awesome, why would they want to ruin that? It's beyond my comprehension, not only does it make me sick to run around transformed into some thing I have no way of hiding, but it's making them lose money and players. They have freaking Jerry working on their dev team, this guy has an IQ of 75 and doesn't understand this game or why people liked it at all. Lineage II made a classic server because their main game got ruined by devs, World of Warcraft is making a classic server because their main game got ruined by their devs, and I think it's time Aion did the same if they can't figure out how to stop messing everything up.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ereliya-KT said:

Unfortunate but I guess I'll be playing my cleric now but like Vantheria said I will have trouble solo healing pf and idd I have full pf armor set with crafted ulti mw accessories. My set is dps for my cleric I don't have a healing set my set is the coe set so I guess I'm screwed all around.

You sound like a very capable player in this game, so I bet you will be fine. Honestly, chanter in 6.7 is like chanter in 5.x. We have lesser dps again, and we have the same heals available to us as we did back in 5.x. The only difference is Recovery Spell is no longer affected by heal boost -- but most chanters didn't run heal boost sets back in 5.x because we needed so much hp for endgame pve. So we still have Healing Light, Healing Burst, and Word of Life just like we did before, except now our Recovery Spell is a group heal. So if you look at it that way, we're actually in a bit better shape than we were in 5.x. It just feels like a gut punch now because we got used to having 10k group heals every 3 seconds. We will all adjust. :)

3 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

You sound like a very capable player in this game, so I bet you will be fine. Honestly, chanter in 6.7 is like chanter in 5.x. We have lesser dps again, and we have the same heals available to us as we did back in 5.x. The only difference is Recovery Spell is no longer affected by heal boost -- but most chanters didn't run heal boost sets back in 5.x because we needed so much hp for endgame pve. So we still have Healing Light, Healing Burst, and Word of Life just like we did before, except now our Recovery Spell is a group heal. So if you look at it that way, we're actually in a bit better shape than we were in 5.x. It just feels like a gut punch now because we got used to having 10k group heals every 3 seconds. We will all adjust. :)

Clerics are adjusting, too! I used to heal PF and put out tons of damage because the chanter was almost solo healing! Did 3 PFs yesterday and had to adjust how I played that instance.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

except now our Recovery Spell is a group heal.

Only if you are lucky enough to pull Rejuvenating Spell from your Legendary Daevanion Skill Boxes. And then if you are unlucky with your Aetherforging crafts, you keep getting duplicates on other Daevanion skills and still no Rejuvenating Spell...

Otherwise it's a plain vanilla Recovery Spell that is worse than 5.x times because it is no longer affected by Healing Boost and Shards, and half the base heal of Rejuvenating Spell too.

Wasnt playing for almost 2 years... Logged in game on begin of the year and found out support spec on sw was turned to piece of nyerk... even non geared dps cleric/chanter have at least 3 times stronger heals on dps spec then sw with support stigmas :S Used to do the support heals with lil extra dps for groups, now i cant even heal my self in open world pve, meanwhile chanters w/o gear can kill me because they heal a lot for fair amount of hp...
Now I see there is another nerf to heals and tbh. my question is why dont ncsoft just remove our heals since it's completely useless and dp what they love to do - force everyone to go dps spec as they want?

29 minutes ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Only if you are lucky enough to pull Rejuvenating Spell from your Legendary Daevanion Skill Boxes. And then if you are unlucky with your Aetherforging crafts, you keep getting duplicates on other Daevanion skills and still no Rejuvenating Spell...

Otherwise it's a plain vanilla Recovery Spell that is worse than 5.x times because it is no longer affected by Healing Boost and Shards, and half the base heal of Rejuvenating Spell too.

Yes, that is true and I agree it can be frustrating. I had 15 legendary duplicates. I crafted a new skill yesterday. I'm still missing Roaring Judgment, arguably the second-most important chanter daevanion skill.

However, my statement about original Recovery Spell still kind of stands since shards didn't affect heals in 5.x and most chanters didn't run heal boost sets in those patches because it would have been an outdated IS set with no hp, so you were a liability in ToE, BoS, etc. If you were a chanter with a heal boost set in 5.x though, then yes, Recovery Spell is worse now than it was then though. Note, my pve supp set in 5.x did have a LITTLE heal boost because I used cleric gear, but nothing compared to the heal boost we can achieve now.

Anyone else tune healing boost on their ultimate PVP staff? I did. What a mistake that was.

Unfortunately, even if armsfusion is removed from a 2-handed weapon, the game strangely won't allow anyone to retune that weapon again. Which means I'm stuck with HB on my pvp weapon until 7.0 comes out and I can upgrade it to a tier 2 lol

So since transparent scrolls won't be ever available I have given up playing with transformation because I really do not like the way they change my character even if only for 10 minutes. I believe Aion is the only game that does this to their players!

I made this drawing while waiting for Taki mission to finish. :)

200bv4p.jpg

On 3/30/2019 at 1:10 AM, Melodiosa-KT said:

So since transparent scrolls won't be ever available I have given up playing with transformation because I really do not like the way they change my character even if only for 10 minutes. I believe Aion is the only game that does this to their players!

I made this drawing while waiting for Taki mission to finish. :)

200bv4p.jpg

Ahahah, this is rich. You win the internet.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived